Author Topic: The end of an era, the end of the mighty Husaberg. :(  (Read 10331 times)

mainline

Re: The end of an era, the end of the mighty Husaberg. :(
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 10:33:34 pm »
Fark, I've been looking for one of those......bummer.....awesome bike, Joel Smets hardly lost a race that year on one of those.

Didn't something very similar to that bike attempt to push your legs into your armpits?

Offline ola_martin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 10:34:35 pm »
Don't think it's a limited bike.

Should've had different graphics, gold inner forklegs, and a WP shock, in addition to that SPES exhaust....

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 11:07:04 pm »
Ola that's because they were removed

Offline ola_martin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2013, 02:58:44 am »
Ahh, ok, cool.
My brother had a -99 Smetsreplica.

I've worked for Husaberg for 20 years this year,  had and raced about 20 bikes. Have kept a few...

Got offered a -99 Enforcer the other week, not many of those around... I think he wants a bit too much for it though...
Do you guys think that would be worth keeping/collecting? (not a ATV guy myself...)

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2013, 08:33:17 am »
There is some good buys for the now defunct brand.
For a start it's a 98 model, more than likely 600cc. It's definitely a FC and has some goodies such as an Ohlins rear shock and a SPES exhaust system. I'd like to see some more pics as it could be a limited release model with those parts.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/baulkham-hills/motorcycles/husaberg-600cc-4-stroke-moto-x-brembo-excel-not-yamaha-suzuk/1032469871
Fark I was only just looking at that bike last nite, thinking will I or wont I ....  :o
U gotta be quick around here...

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2013, 05:14:54 pm »
Don't think it's a limited bike. Should've had different graphics, gold inner forklegs, and a WP shock, in addition to that SPES exhaust....

My 98 has the gold forks, the SPES exhaust and an Ohlins shock. All the pic's I have of the 98 Smetts/Limited version don't show the rear shock so I've just assumed that the WP was swapped out for an Ohlins. Any graphics are long gone, in fact the bike has FE graphics. They never kept reference numbers to match a given bike so there is no way to prove/disprove the origins of a bike other than the model and year of manufacture.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2013, 05:17:44 pm »
Sold

Gone full circle and back to where it all began?   ;)
I noticed the swing are graphics, hence why I posted the link.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2013, 05:32:36 pm »
Ahh, ok, cool.
My brother had a -99 Smetsreplica.

I've worked for Husaberg for 20 years this year,  had and raced about 20 bikes. Have kept a few...

Got offered a -99 Enforcer the other week, not many of those around... I think he wants a bit too much for it though...
Do you guys think that would be worth keeping/collecting? (not a ATV guy myself...)

Most, if not all of the enforcers were 600cc. The engines, particularly the bottom end didn't cope well and it was not unusual for cranks and cases to be rooted in the quads.
Getting conrods and rotating parts for the pre 2000 model 600's is near impossible, the 501 even worse. If people out there say it's no drama getting parts then it's either a case that they have hoarded parts from back in the day (or) they haven't seriously started searching for parts. I have contacted nearly every Husaberg dealer in North America and Europe searching for conrods, rocker components etc and bought what I can which is 3 fifths of nothing. Sometimes you can be lucky, 6 months ago I got onto a guy who had some spares from a bike he had back in 99/00. I ended up picking up a brand new set of wheels (complete with brand new 13 year old tyres, disc's and a sprocket) a complete set of good plastics and few other assorted parts for $300. On the flip side I found only 2 brand new NOS rear rear guards in Husaberg dealers in Australia and has to pay $160 a piece.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 01:17:37 am by BAHNZY »
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2013, 06:52:07 pm »
Sold

Gone full circle and back to where it all began?   ;)
I noticed the swing are graphics, hence why I posted the link.
Thank you back in my shed where it belongs
Big story and a waste of 22 hours