Author Topic: CZ Twinpiper rumor on mx trax  (Read 11139 times)

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: CZ Twinpiper rumor on mx trax
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2013, 08:44:58 PM »
Hi
who wouldn't buy a CZ twinport replica at $6000
I'll gladly pay $9000 for one,  probably even more
I know what it will cost to rebuild a dead one ,
cheers

You'd be the exception.

How could you possibly know that? CZ's are huge in the U.S. and even bigger in Europe. Some countries even have CZ only meetings. As has been said Jiri already does a repo and he is flat out with them. They would be popular, it's just a matter of how popular.
I think the 250 would be the go. Between Jiri already doing a 360 replica and the fact you can convert a side pipe into a twin pipe 360 via Milos Henrik, it would make more sense.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2013, 09:25:49 PM »
Flat out while hand-making two per year will see him making ... a couple of dozen of them.

The bit where they're hand made by Jiri Starec also hugely adds to the value compared to a mass produced in China (my assumption on the China bit, but it is the most likely option).
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

albrid-3

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2013, 10:05:03 PM »
Yz 250 A replica will be next, (In Time.)

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2013, 07:23:18 AM »
Flat out while hand-making two per year will see him making ... a couple of dozen of them.

The bit where they're hand made by Jiri Starec also hugely adds to the value compared to a mass produced in China (my assumption on the China bit, but it is the most likely option).
China is not the most likely option. Made in Czech is the most likely. Same as all the new parts that are made now. You seem to be using your knowledge of Yamaha's in the Canberra area as a basis for your thoughts on this subject. CZ's are a different animal along with their owners. Shit look at Drakie.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2013, 12:28:51 PM »
Sure.
The single post on MXTrax gives nothing to go on, so I'm going with the "most likely to be viable" option.
If the idea is being driven by an enthusiast in Czecho, then sure, they may choose to keep it in Czecho. I assume labour and real estate in Czecho are cheap, but if it was to be made in any of the 'Western Bloc' countries, it would be considerably more expensive than getting it done in China...

It's also possible that (some of) the old tooling still exists, in which case that would be a big bonus in making it viable.

In terms of people placing value on the country of origin: Regardless of what anyone says, they don't really care when they're presented with the product. Everyone prefers to buy locally, everyone prefers to buy from not-China - but if the quality is there at the right price, everyone suddenly forgets their patriotism...

It's really a question of economy of scale - if its a slight step up in what Starec has been doing for years, then that's cool, but it hardly rates a mention, IMO.
But if its a proper production run, and consequent reduction in price, then that's worth getting excited about.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.