Author Topic: Advice needed  (Read 952 times)

Offline maxi81

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Advice needed
« on: April 13, 2013, 05:40:48 PM »
I have just fitted a new mikuni carburetor to my RM 400 and when I twist the throttle I have about half the amount of rotation then previous I had before. I noticed where the throttle cable goes into the carby slide is on the edge not in the middle like the stock slide. Would that make any difference?? Otherwise maybe the stock accelerator cable is not suitable  ???

Thanks

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
Re: Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 06:02:17 PM »
Is the slide droping all the way down and hitting the idle screw , if not you need more cable free play.    or your cable maybe to short.
the cable should be in the centre of the slide aswell.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 06:10:45 PM »
Is the slide droping all the way down and hitting the idle screw , if not you need more cable free play.    or your cable maybe to short.
the cable should be in the centre of the slide aswell.
Exactly. If the cable hooked into the centre before then there must be a scew on extension to the slide on the stock carby compared to the cable attatching directly to the slide on the new carby, therefor you need a longer inner cable.

Offline ARN

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 05:09:03 PM »
i had this problem when trying different slides ,to fix it i tapped the 2 holes to use the existing cable mount. they are 4mm

cheers arno