Author Topic: City of Penrith MCC Classic Dirt Track Charity Day 3/4th August  (Read 18954 times)

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
Re: City of Penrith MCC Classic Dirt Track Charity Day 3/4th August
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2013, 06:30:56 pm »
I think you may have misunderstood what I meant by 'attitude' Shaun. I know quite well the work that Penrith club put into the sport.....I can't fault their work ethic one bit. What I meant by "attitude" (which on reflection isn't the word I should have used) was acceptance that the meeting on Sunday was a great meeting when, compared to previous events, it clearly wasn't.

Sorry Firko but other than yourself I don't recall anyone saying that Sunday was any better or worse than previous events. Both Noel and myself simply stated that we thought the weekend was fantastic and both of us clearly said we felt this was because of the relaxed atmosphere among other things. I ride plenty of big meetings and to me vintage is the perfect avenue to not take things so seriously and just kick back and have some fun riding old bikes.

Of course for the titles at Temora I will be making an exception to that rule.  ;D

I'm sure Roy and the Penrith executive have not forgotten the importance of vintage to the club and I can tell you that my club, Northern Districts, as well as other member clubs have already begun to formulate plans for some events next season. These days will be specifically aimed at giving those who desire a more relaxed club day feel the opportunity to compete and will include a full array of vintage classes alongside modern age racing.

I truly feel that there is currently a need to provide such events and that they may entice some of the not so serious racers back to Nepean for a few extra rides additional to the Charity Weekend. If it goes the way I hope it will we may see the Charity Weekend to climb to the previous numbers you have spoken about.

So that is what I and other's intend to do. We would certainly appreciate your input and your network of previous competitors to reinvigorate Vintage DT in Sydney.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2013, 06:43:44 pm »
So Shaun.....A meeting that now gets about half the entries of only a few years ago is great because it's relaxing?  ::) You've totally missed my point but that'll do me, I've given my opinion.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2013, 06:56:12 pm »
Sorry I should have qualified that statement with as "as a rider".

Maybe it is not great in your, greatness is measured by participant numbers ideology, but as a rider I thought the event was excellent.

I have outlined how I hope we can regenerate interest in vintage Dirt Track over the next year.

So are you and your mates in or what?

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2013, 08:34:41 pm »
Interest and participation comes & goes in every sport or hobby.
Financial insecurity has a lot to do with things in our sport but I have no doubt interest will bounce back.
I think this event had more exposure this year than ever, having said that I'm def guilty of not even turning up to watch.

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
  • Just call me...ALVIN !!....courtesy of Slides 29 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2013, 08:40:47 pm »
Interest and participation comes & goes in every sport or hobby.
Financial insecurity has a lot to do with things in our sport but I have no doubt interest will bounce back.
I think this event had more exposure this year than ever, having said that I'm def guilty of not even turning up to watch.

Your absence was noted Steve........I had Black Sambucca this meeting........maybe Port next meeting ? 8)
Dirt Track Racer late 60's/throughout 70's

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2013, 09:35:28 pm »
All talk & no action, thats me.
Im def heading out for the entire King of Nepean weekend inc the Sat night, need a break.

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2013, 08:55:56 am »
Being an OSSA fan, how quick was K.H. on Phil Young's bike? Also,...what about you Alvin?
regards  Mark

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
  • Just call me...ALVIN !!....courtesy of Slides 29 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2013, 04:53:39 pm »
Being an OSSA fan, how quick was K.H. on Phil Young's bike? Also,...what about you Alvin?
regards  Mark

Hi Mark
My bike is so close to being A REAL GOER, however, I spent this meeting trying to get the carby mixture right......It was ok down low on Saturday, but pinging its head off up high..........cured the PINGING on Sunday, but had nothing down low.......very frustrating........I'm running a 38mm carb off an '84 YZ 490........It's a lot harder than I thought to match it to the '74 SC 500 settings......Matcho Mick and I will get it right over next couple of weeks........I HOPE!!
Having said all that, I felt good on the bike, and with some quality track time, WE'LL BE STORMING by Temora..... ;D
Dirt Track Racer late 60's/throughout 70's

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2013, 11:27:24 am »
on a postive note an e mail has been sent out to members about the meet
the weekend raised $1044.50 for the charity. 1st emu plains scout group.
before we start quoting it is lower than last year donation that`s because nepean raceway for the 1st time charged track hire fees.
there goes my help at their king of nepean meet.

thanks to the sponsors, AAAA, Reflex and the XS 650 club for there donations.

Offline kitakitsune

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2013, 08:39:57 pm »
Hi guys,
             just had to write in about this one. First up, a big shout out to Roy and the whole CoP machine. It's the standard, well executed, you have the information, take responsibility for your want M.O. that I experience whenever I attend their events. Gods greatest gift,to you, after life itself is freewill. You want to ride - come and ride. You want to express your disappointment in a days events - do that. That's your freewill. For myself, I don't care if I win and more importantly, I don't care if I lose. I must have come live last in the evo 25 lapper, being lapped 6-7 times by the winner. No problem, I tick the 25 lapper off my list. There is talk of a high octane past with a carnival atmosphere at previous classics. Like our hair and our virility, those days are gone for US over 50s. The past doesn't exist. Come back to reality - 2013 and for the luckiest generation to walk the earth, opportunity is knocking loud and hard. A low key, race what you brought, walk around and chat to anyone, joke with your friends, yet still competitive event is here at exactly the right time for US. Opportunity doesn't knock for long. What will you tick off your list tomorrow, next month, next year?
Cheers Kitakitsune
Go no-where in your mind, and
you are now-here.

Offline kitakitsune

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2013, 09:04:38 pm »
ps  thanks to the sponsors, Team AAAA (those guys rock), REFLEX EQUIP, handling-storage-lifting (ph 1300 774 872) and the XS650 club - the white XS doing full arc feet up slides was a sight to behold. Really had his mojo on until the puncture.
Go no-where in your mind, and
you are now-here.

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2013, 05:11:44 pm »
Anyone do any helmet cam? My crappy cam failed to work, a go- pro is on the wish list.
Great meeting BTW, best fun I've had in ages, and easy on the aging body compared to MX. Also great its only 45mins from home.
Went out the following week to watch the solo speedway meeting, I'd really like to have a go at that.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2013, 05:26:33 pm »
Anyone do any helmet cam? My crappy cam failed to work, a go- pro is on the wish list.
Great meeting BTW, best fun I've had in ages, and easy on the aging body compared to MX. Also great its only 45mins from home.
Went out the following week to watch the solo speedway meeting, I'd really like to have a go at that.

Hey go one better, get a Hagon slider, best of both  worlds!
cheers pancho
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Dono113

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2013, 07:22:39 pm »
Here here the event was well run to say the least, a big thanks to all the officials and helpers, keep up the good work Rooster! Win , lose or draw I'll be back ;D
1983 CR125R
2003 CRF450R
CB750K1
2005 YZ85
1969 TS 250

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2013, 05:04:21 pm »
big thanks goes out to VMX mag & ken smith for the four page spread in your great mag. (ps ken did fish pay you to get in the mag  :) ? )