Author Topic: The Classic Dirt 9 Thread  (Read 62518 times)

Offline 35elsinore

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: The Classic Dirt 9 Thread
« Reply #270 on: September 11, 2012, 09:56:54 pm »
Friday as you can see wasnt a good day for cheap quick shades

Offline 35elsinore

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 11, 2012, 10:06:25 pm »
Ballard the rocket ship. For most of us the older we get the faster we were, but Mr Ballard showed no signs of getting slower.

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 12, 2012, 09:06:45 am »
I'd like to thank all the riders and spectators for taking all there rubbish to the bins provided. Walked round the pits after everyone had left collected 3/4 of a bin bag of rubbish Fantastic,  except the p%@*k who decided that after bringing a motor cycle rolling chassis to sell  leave's it there for us to get rid of!
If you didn't enjoy those tracks you need to find a different sport they where perfect. We had a ball on the sidecar out there, in fact I rode the wheels off every thing I had.
I'd also like to thank Manly club, Ken ,Geoff,Shoey, Reekys and Wayne for getting stuck in and making it happen there are others and they know who they are but those guys  where the main players there from start to finnish, Thankyou

Nice job Steve , i guess now we know the lay out , next year will be bigger and better , after all it will be the big number CD - 10
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline 4V5

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 12, 2012, 11:15:23 am »
I'd like to thank the organiser's for an amazing event, the sights and sounds of so many bikes being used cannot be beaten!

I also saw one of my brother's old bikes on the weekend, still being used too!! the last I saw it was in the late 80's. amazing to piece it's history together, seems it's almost been raced constantly from new.

except the p%@*k who decided that after bringing a motor cycle rolling chassis to sell  leave's it there for us to get rid of!

What was frame was it? I had room to drag another project home with the barely rolling DT250 I'd picked up.. pretty rude leaving anything behind for others to clean up.

Cheers!
Leslie

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 12, 2012, 11:25:40 am »
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 13, 2012, 09:57:25 pm »
It was even better riding on it .Yeehah .Hilly
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 14, 2012, 03:03:33 pm »
I know I'm a bit late with this but I bought a new computer on the Monday straight after CD9 that immediately shit itself as soon as I set it up. I've only now got it back so here we go....  First up I'd like to congratulate everyone who had anything to do with getting CD9 up and running. After three brilliant years at Conondale it was always going to be a difficult act to follow but I reckon the boys got it pretty right first time out. Sure, there needs to be some minor fine tuning before the next one but to pull off an event with so many logistical problems on virgin territory was a big effort.

On a personal level I'd like to thank a bunch of folks for making my weekend so brilliant. As many of you know, I've had a shitty year with health problems that almost prevented me from coming. I had a slight relapse in the preceding week trying too hard to get my Maicos ready so I was pretty spent before I even left on Friday. Thankfully I've got a pretty good bunch of mates in Klub Kevlar who went out of their way to help me with stuff I couldn't manage. I'd especially like to thank my old Kiwi mate, this forum's "Bazza" for helping me load and unload my bikes and clean up after me here at home! Bazza's battling his own recession fed business woes and a continuing shoulder problem and even though he didn't ride this year he still managed to attend his ninth CD in a row, a perfect score. I'd also like to give a big group hug to my beloved Klub Kevlar cohorts for keeping me thoroughly entertained all weekend. They might be old and ugly but they're a seriously cool bunch of 'good 'ol boys'.

* Cudos to Jonesy, Husky Pete and Doggy Digger for organising the top secret presentation to Frank Stanborough with "Franks Cranks" t shirts, stickers and limited edition posters. The old fella was in tears after he recieved the original t-shirt artwork from Roger which now has pride of place on the Stanborough living room wall. His new Mojo framed Matchless pre 65'er was well recieved as well.

* The standard bike restoration and preparation was astounding. Everywhere I looked I found new bikes that took the restoration bar to new heights. Trick bikes were everywhere but Yamaico's two forum el-cheapo specials stole the weekend. Pete's set new standards for what can be done with a shitbox for little money.

*Thanks to the forum's 'Head' for the genuine RT1-GYT manual I'd been looking for for years to match up my DT1 version and to 'Stan' for bringing me a set of Goki fork air caps for my Cheney..again, something I've been searching for for years.

There were many more highlights of my CD9 but I won't drag it out. It was great catching up with the many old friends I've made in the sport and I enjoyed meeting many new friends and putting faces to forum names. Finally, thanks to Phil and his staff at the Rydal Pub for their great hospitality and warm beds.
Bring on CD10.....I might even finally finish my Hindall for it!
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline HuskyPete

• A-Grade
  • Huskys Only, maybe a CCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 14, 2012, 05:45:54 pm »
Frank's Cranks

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 05:48:29 pm by 67Husky »
1967 360 Viking, 1969 360 Cross, 1974 250 Mag x 3, 1974 400 Cross x 1, 1974 450 WR, 1975 250GP, 1976 250 WR, 1978 390 Auto, 1982.5 500 Gold Bullet. 1976 390 OR, 78 CCM

Offline XC83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 19, 2012, 01:36:00 pm »
Link to a youtube video of the vinduro course.
My first try of the camera, first video and first video compression (1.3 gig to 220mb) - a bit shakey, loss of clarity but you get the general idea. Look mum no clutch lever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwLZQY1UMU4&list=HL1348024976&feature=mh_lolz

Offline 35elsinore

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 19, 2012, 07:17:50 pm »
Great vid XC83. Looks like the organizers had a fantastic loop also.
Cheers Troy

VMXUK

« Reply #280 on: September 24, 2012, 10:39:38 am »
Hi all, just waiting to catch the plane out of Sydney back to the UK after yet another brilliant time in Oz. CD9 was the 5th CD event that I have been to and I would like to thank Ken and Alistair for putting on the event in the first place under what in the end turned out to be quite challenging weather conditions. At least it didn't rain this year, only a bit of sleet (!) - but I did get the blame for the wind instead! Also thanks to Steve Baker for putting us up and looking after us, and putting up with us. Thanks to Rob Shoemark for entrusting his beloved Husky's to me over the course of the weekend and to Husky Pete for the loan of his gear. (sorry Pete, I hadn't realised that it was your gear (I thought it was Rob's) and didn't find out until the end of the event otherwise I would have thanked you personally. Thanks to Ken for 'Ken's Tours' again and to Ajay and the band.
But most of all thanks to you lot out there in 'VMX Land' who came to CD9 from Australia, NZ and beyond, as without your support there would be no event. Every year I have been to the CD events I seem to make new Aussie 'mates' and bump into ones that I know from previous years and to see everyone having such a great time at CD year after year always makes me want to come back for more.
Keep it up, all of you, and see you next year!
All the best. Chris

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 09, 2012, 08:35:14 pm »
November ADB Magazine...

Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia