Author Topic: HEY WHERE ARE ALL YOU OLD ***TURDS!  (Read 4812 times)

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
Re: HEY WHERE ARE ALL YOU OLD ***TURDS!
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 09:09:13 pm »
MA tried to double dip on the Championship permit fee of 3 grand for just three events, the pre 85's.

There are high profile people who should hang their heads in shame over the treatment and perception of Sliders across the board !!

Bring on a Classic DT only MA commission.

Foss
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:41:13 am by JAP 454 »

Curly3

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 09:40:04 pm »
I hear what you're saying Steve and you know better than most that I'm a Slider man, even if I don't/can't ride one anymore.
I don't think the clubs are to blame, they have to cater for the classes that have the numbers or no one would turn up.
As long as the Classic Classes are viewed as, Novelty/Support type events things won't change.
I do think that MA charging the same permit fee for a Classic title meeting as they do for an Open meeting doesn't seem right, not to mention their attempt at double dipping for just one extra class ( Pre85 ). 

Offline sprint76

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 10:45:36 pm »
I guess the point I was trying to make was, why is there a separate class for sliders.
They should be racing in with all the other brands of motorcycle. At every event not just national championship events.
Anyway I consider myself fortunate to have competed when it was `all in racing`. Ok I have said my bit I will leave it at that.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 06:29:43 am »
I guess the point I was trying to make was, why is there a separate class for sliders.
They should be racing in with all the other brands of motorcycle. At every event not just national championship events.
Anyway I consider myself fortunate to have competed when it was `all in racing`. Ok I have said my bit I will leave it at that.

Steve, I also hear what you are saying, but that's what I meant about " Perception" in my earlier post, Sliders ARE eligible to race with the stock frames in the appropriate year class, Sliders are not restricted, by the Classic rules, to the stand alone Slider classes.

Like you , I was fortunate to ride in the all in days, I had many a handlebar bangin' session with fellas on stockers, sometimes they won, sometimes I did, but it was all good stuff, Eh ?
Foss

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 05:06:31 pm »
I had a semi-official call yesterday about the Super S and slider situation yesterday and I got the inference that if any more entries are put in before there committee meets they have a chance.
 SO c'mon!
 according to rule 18.2.3.5 c)          "Australian Championship will be awarded regardless of number of entrants."

SO all we need is two more all powers pre 70 bikes and blokes to make it viable.
  So to quote the bimbo " where the bloody hell are ya"
 cheers.

rule18.2.3.5 (c      Refers to the Super Seniors.   pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Curly3

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 05:34:25 pm »
As I said Punchy, my moneys on you, I'll get the toilet seat ready for ya.

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 07:13:28 pm »
Stick it up em Punch!!