Author Topic: Mounting Grips on your bars, what is your tip?  (Read 3666 times)

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Mounting Grips on your bars, what is your tip?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 04:37:44 PM »
good Hairspray does the trick on our bikes.
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline CRTAD313

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 05:58:43 PM »
Get a contact adhesive spray can, i use sellys kwik grip. spray it in the grip it slides on easy as you like and takes a little to dry so you have heaps of time to spin the grip to exactly where you like it then leave to dry. Works a treat, grips won't move but can be removed without damage and any excess just peels off with your fingers.

Offline crs-and-rms

• Legend
  • heaven 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 07:31:38 PM »
we use quick grip at work .clean the bars rub quick grip on bars and some inside the grip and slide on

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 09:06:52 PM »
Air compressor jet up the grip.

Gets em off in a flash and the same way back on, they seem to fit on and stick by themselves.  Seems the dust on them is what makes the spin.
Same for me. I've never needed solvents, tapes, glue, hairspray or paint. I do put tiny holes in the ends to inject the compressed air through
previous pseudonym feetupfun

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 05:29:43 PM »
 In the olden days we used to dip the grip in petrol then shove it on with a finger covering the hole in the end. If the the thing came loose I  would get a piece of the old type insulation tape made out of cloth and tar [my ol' man called it 'friction tape'] break a strip off, run it down to the end then back up to the length of the grip then bash the grip back on with a convenient heavy implement.

Remembering a day at Moorebank on a Tiger 100, just turned into the the right hander into the sand section with a big handfull when the twist grip pulled straight out of the circlip [triumph invention]  my hand with twist grip hit the sand closely followed by the rest of me.
 Ah memories.  cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline chrisdespo

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 07:30:06 AM »
Goa contact adhesive an amount into grip slide on let dry.the no brainer is make sure like kleen grips and bars
When in DOUBT GAS IT!!!