Author Topic: According to W.A. I'm the racist redneck from Hell  (Read 6850 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: According to W.A. I'm the raciest redneck from Hell
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 04:53:09 pm »
Load of cock. Survey was done by the University of WA.

I am always surprised as to what research is picked up by the press as valid and insightful. When there is a yarn to spin they will pick up on any old under grad research project findings and report it like it is incontestable fact. Most research is a small sample of which ever drunks were standing about at the time willing to answer questions and should be viewed as such.

formerly Marc.com

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 06:24:39 pm »
all ways a pleasure to hear from you dave
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

211kawasaki

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 07:34:03 pm »
Mike - time to let go of the cup son, its over you won and its now time to move on. Perhaps a nice Suzuki or a Honda or a gatuitous semi naked girl could replace it
Tanner

Offline Husk72

• B-Grade
  • Attitude? What effing attitude?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 07:52:30 pm »
Ok, first up.I am a proud Aussie.3rd generation,no convicts. ;)
I am happy to share my country with people from different countries,no problem.
I do have issues if they bring their harsh extremist attitudes to this country,or their oppressive religious ideals with them,of which religion,and politics blend as one in some countries.
How do people interpret that statement?
Does that make me racist?
Or,does it express my view that I am someone who'd rather have harmony between races,by sharing this great place with other nationalities?
And really,who could tell what I meant by those statements.
Anyway back to the subject.
The research was done by Professor Farida Fozdar of the W.A University,who is an anthropologist,and sociologist,who along with a team surveyed 513 people,on Perths Swan River for the Australia days fireworks,last year.
The survey they carried out was to find out wether there was a link between flag flying on cars,and racist attitudes.
It goes on. But,I stopped there.
In this country we have so many nationalities,who are proud to put stickers on their cars proclaiming they are from somewhere else. Kiwis,and Moaris proudly put the silver fern,and sometimes put names of NZ towns,cities on their cars.Most nationalities,can buy stickers,showing where they originally hailed from, Norway, China,or Denmark,etc,and put them on their car. So, are they racist? Or are they saying thats their nationality,and they are proud of where they came from?
Why can't I fly the flag on my car on Australia day,which is pretty much the only day I do put it on my car.I think, it shows my pride,and patriotism, along with living alongside those who are also proud to accept and to take part of being involved in Australias multi-culturism.
Lastly; why should I be branded racist by people who could read my views,and distort it to THEIR racist viewpoint?

Cheers,Mark.
I used to drink a lot.
I still do,but I used to,too.

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 08:14:37 pm »

From what has now been said on this topic it is surely drawing a very long bow to say that this survey has much credibility or is even remotely an accurate cross section of Perth/Western Australian or even Australian attitudes. 513 people surveyed in one little pocket of Perth (where I once lived for 12 years) and that is their findings. How could any one person make such a definitive and authorative statement about something that is historically a unique part of Australian culture. People have flag poles in their yards and all Federal and State Buildings have Aussie flags flying from them; does that make them racist too? A very divisive and questionable survey, perhaps undertaken by people with their own agenda. It doesn't seem to me as though they are taking the inclusive approach but rather an exclusive approach; which is precisely how you end up with racism anyway.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 07:14:32 am »
The research was done by Professor Farida Fozdar of the W.A University,who is an anthropologist,and sociologist,who along with a team surveyed 513 people,on Perths Swan River for the Australia days fireworks,last year.
The survey they carried out was to find out wether there was a link between flag flying on cars,and racist attitudes.

The silly cow missed the real link.
It wasn't the flags but the cars that were the link. :o
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 08:01:24 am »
The silly cow missed the real link.
It wasn't the flags but the cars that were the link. :o

Too true, Professor Fozdar probably just snuck in on the last boat of refos and hasn't been in the country long enough to work out that surveying drunks from Gosnells in lowered Commodores that park up on the South Perth foreshore may reveal gasp...... racist attitudes.

I bet people who drive Aussie cars are more racist than people who drive foreign cars.
formerly Marc.com

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 09:09:55 am »
Dave you love it. Now just for you and because your good at mixing Margareetas in the Kevlar Kompund i will bring back the Kevlar girl Avatar.
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 06:30:45 pm »
Damm I think Im a racist , Born in Germany on a British air force base to a Scottish father English mother ,moved to Australia in 68 . Bugger don't know weather to hate the Poms ,the Scots, the Huns . LOL
Iain
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 07:56:42 pm »
I may have been wrong in my criticism of the results of the flag/racism survey.
From what I have just seen on the news it appears that our flag does bring out the racist in people.

Also
Did they say that one of Julia's spin merchants has been sacked for their part in this cock  up ?
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Curly3

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 08:03:41 pm »
I just noticed that Hardex wrote, " Raciest " in the subject heading.
We all enjoy racing so we're all Raciest's, only the Qlder's could be Raciest Rednecks ;D ;)
I display our flag at every oportunity and wipe my bum with bog paper that is made in some 3rd world country like NZ :D
Does that make me a racist?
Two things I hate most are Racist's and bloody Asians.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 08:16:04 pm »
I just noticed that Hardex wrote, " Raciest " in the subject heading.

Missed that  ::)
Poo

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 11:20:08 pm »
(Tension is still high among some of the Aboriginal protesters at the Tent Embassy on Canberra.

About 200 of them marched on Parliament House in Canberra this afternoon. Some took part in the burning of an Australian flag. Other Aboriginal leaders at the scene have told PM that they're disgusted by the behaviour of what they describe as a "splinter group" of protesters.

Meanwhile the Australian Federal Police has defended the way that it removed the Prime Minister from a besieged Canberra restaurant)  (quote)

So if an Australian who sees himself as being patriotic leaves himself open to being branded a racist for flying the flag, then what are these ARSEHOLES.   I get sick of the pricks burning our flag every time they feel they have a grievence,     I believe in the USA it is regarded as a serious offence to deface their flag and they could be charged and risk a large fine or time inside,  that is if onlookers haven't sorted them out first.   Here it appears not to have any consequences and our law just looks the other way after all its just a piece of cloth and no one does anything.  Maybe because they to then would also risk being branded as racists can anyone else see a pattern forming here.   It seems that the shit like these flag burners and others play this racist card anytime they need to divert attention away from themselves or they want some publicity and the media (which I think also contains a large percentage of shit in thier ranks)  obliges.    Anything for a story but then why not do a story on why most of this lot are being funded by the government by way of dole payments etc,  Oh can't do that it would be racist.  I'm just sick of hearing it.

Zane     
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline k2000x

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2012, 08:18:14 am »
drop a match on there flag and f#$k wouldnt the shit hit the fan