Author Topic: According to W.A. I'm the racist redneck from Hell  (Read 6855 times)

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
According to W.A. I'm the racist redneck from Hell
« on: January 26, 2012, 07:45:37 am »
According to the University of WA research suggests people who fly Australia Day flags on the side of their cars are more likely to be racist ,there for I must be the racist redneck from Hell ???.Why can't we be a little more loving of our flag Like the Americans? whats wrong with our Country??? :-[

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:28:11 am by Hardex »

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: According to W.A. I'm the raciest redneck from Hell
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 08:39:45 am »
This crap is all over the place. I can't believe people are so dumb to swallow the racist bullshit. It's really getting to me. I have had two emails, one about the Dutch government and one of the French government turning this pc shit around. I hope it's true as the spineless pollies here would not do it on their own back. I'm an Australian. Embrace our way of life or piss off!

TM BILL

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 08:50:45 am »
Hardex Firstly happy Australia day  :) Be proud and show it you guys have a lot to be proud of 8)

I think you will find most Western universities (outside the US ) are full of foreign students and immigrants . The reason all these ridiculous studies and the general PC crap the world is littered with these days gets noticed is that Westerners and real people generally get on with life , have the occasional moan but live and let live  ;)

Where as the extreme factor allbeit religion, radical Wogs,  greenies, the PC morons etc all spend their entire existance trying to force their will on the real people of the world  >:(

Fly your flags with pride  8) you live in a great nation and long shall it remain

This is my office door , i have had to modify an Aussie sticker as you cant even buy ones with NZ flags  ::)

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 08:56:26 am »
    Well said brad ! i think it gets to most aussie's ! but the pollies still seem to get away with it ! we need to unite and stand up on this one before it gets to far -the diggers would be rolling in their graves  ???

Offline paco

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 08:57:28 am »
Fox shocks , Works performance , Ohlins , mmmm

« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:50:45 AM » Quote  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardex Firstly happy Australia day   Be proud and show it you guys have a lot to be proud of

I think you will find most Western universities (outside the US ) are full of foreign students and immigrants . The reason all these ridiculous studies and the general PC crap the world is littered with these days gets noticed is that Westerners and real people generally get on with life , have the occasional moan but live and let live  

Where as the extreme factor allbeit religion, radical Wogs,  greenies, the PC morons etc all spend their entire existance trying to force their will on the real people of the world  

Fly your flags with pride   you live in a great nation and long shall it remain

This is my office door , i have had to modify an Aussie sticker as you cant even buy ones with NZ flags  

my sentiments exactly.One flag/one nation.p        Happy Australia day everyone.
what ! Who me ? Nah

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 09:30:31 am »
    It seems the "she'll be right mate" does'nt work in this day and age ! the pollies get a free rein to do what they like  - Wrong  !   :-[

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 09:52:30 am »
I think it is hard to argue that Australia is the most accomodating country in the world - maybe to our cultural detriment!  :'(
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 09:55:17 am »
Most people who chuck the racist word around have not bothered to check out what it means.
I suppose most of them don,t own a dictionary.
It,s a pity that the Australian flag pisses some people off but just think it could be the Japanese flag or for that matter any nations flag.
Every ones got a grievance somewhere.

This week the Aussie flag is pissing off the Indians.
Oh well you can,t win them all.
Hang on ,yes you can  ;D ;D
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 10:34:06 am »
 Onya Mike
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 10:48:36 am »
    It seems the "she'll be right mate" does'nt work in this day and age ! the pollies get a free rein to do what they like  - Wrong  !   :-[

And so does everybody else because we are told to be tolerant. If we are not tolerant and voice a contrary opinion about the direction that this country is going in, we are branded as non-progressive, arrogant racists. On most of the major issues such as, ownership of land, immigration (not to be confused with the whole boat people issue), ever increasing new taxes (to cover incompetent fiscal management), the lack of integrity in politics, law and order (or the lack of) and the reducing of services (health, education, police, emergency services) we, the people don't even get consulted. We only have to look overseas to see where this so called modern and progressive approach has taken some countries. If what some people have said about their own countries is accurate some of these policies have just about ruined their country. And once these policies are in place it is almost impossible to reverse them. Australia Day to me is sadly a day of lamenting, as some of the great things about this country have vanished. Don't get me wrong, we are still way better off than many places, but the social engineers of the last 20-25 years have got it badly wrong and I don't think there is any going back. I am still very proud to be an Australian and so grateful that I live in one of the best places in the world. Happy Australia Day.  ;)

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 12:26:06 pm »
Was there a question on the survey that said"Do you fly an Australian flag on your car,and if so do you consider yourself to be racist?"How the hell do they extrapolate the racist tag from people 1 expressing their national pride and 2 answereing in the affirmative that they are worried about the dilution of Australian culture and values.As previously expressed on this thread this is bullshit.Throughout history all nationalities are inherently racist and this is how they impose  themselves,their government and their values.Do we label the Chinese racist for the way they treat the Tibetans,the Israelis for the way they treat the Palestinians,the Indonesians for the way they treat the West Papuans?To the academics who conducted this study pack your shit up and go and do your work in one of these places if you've got the plums,it might do more good.Everyone here gets a fair shake,all we ask is you leave your baggage at the door,do the right thing by us and yourself and make the most of your opportunity.There is no more democratic,tolerant place in the world.Be proud ,be patriotic fly the flag,we've got a lot to be thankful for.To the knockers,social engineers,pollies,some academics stop trying to make us quilty for who we are:this applies to you Love or Leave it..........rant,rant,rant >:(

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 01:30:18 pm »
Come on fellas - the study basically said that people who flew the flag on Aussie day were more likely to be racist.
It was NOT "If you fly the flag, you are racist".... ::)
And that's assuming that you're prepared to give the study credibility in the first place.

Personally, I won't fly the flag because I reckon it is often used as a thinly veiled racist statement. It shits me that our national flag is being hijacked by racist elements - that its symbolism in day-to-day life isn't about the universal positive attributes of our country, but about a minority point of view [racism] that many disagree with.

Ditto the southern cross, and the Eureka flag.

Before you start with the usual "the suburbs are a war-zone" type of stuff: I know there are racial and cultural issues in this country, that are not being addressed. I just don't think that "Love it or leave" is a productive way of dealing with those issues... FFS, that statement cuts both ways - if your bogan arse doesn't love it, you can leave too...  ;D
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 02:12:06 pm »
what is the point of a study like this anyway?"more likely to be racist".As soon as you put that word out there people get their backs up.As you say we have to accomodate some with a racist attitude which is not the prevailing sentiment but that is part of democratic free speach and vilification has been legislated against.Racist and Flag should not be used in the same sentence either in the study or by vocal minorities.I think that it still symbolizes "the universal positive attributes of our country" so that's why I'm flying it today....my bogan arse is quite happy where it is... ;D

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 02:39:33 pm »
Load of cock. Survey was done by the University of WA.
You've got to ask : who commissioned it, and who paid for it ?
Needless to say the sad sack bunch of mindless gibberers who masquerade as press over here pounced on it....clearly a slow news day AGAIN... ::)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

211kawasaki

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 03:35:37 pm »
Fly it with pride I say, if that makes me somewhat more likely to have racest views so be it but I think its just bullshit perpetrated by those who have a vested interest in achieving their own political and social goals - none of which would be in keeping with my anglo Australian 4th generation pride in my country.

Frankly I find it offensive that the question would even be raised and would love to take a good look at the person who did the study and what his or her sample range of views was.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:44:33 pm by 211kawasaki »