Author Topic: World Champions  (Read 5297 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: World Champions
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 12:33:35 pm »
and lycra
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 02:47:55 am »
You are a strange fellow Freaky
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

valleyam

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2011, 09:12:41 am »
I did manage to get out to the Classics at Murray Bridge Freaky, but wasnt allowed into the pits so didn't catch up. Enjoyed the night plenty of variety. Didnt look like a real bike friendly track. Pity the sidecar you were on was running like a bucket of ! I guess some of the bikes and car were dragged out of sheds and taken up there without much prep and probably havnt run for a few years. I noticed quite a lot of the solos appear to get the wobbles up coming out of turn 4. Is that the track or the bike?
Cheers
Andy

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 11:14:31 am »
Hey Andy , was a bit of a fizzer unfortunatley. 

Too many folks said the track was going to be shit and didnt front.  unfortunatly for those that made the trip up there, The track was umm shit. 

I dont know what they did to it or didnt do to it but it was terrible.  It was rock hard and ridged and holed, no matter where you went on the track it was like ridding on a bitumin road with pot holes.  Would have been better off on a road bike and putting the knee down.  It was a bit dangerous actually, you couldnt even get the back to come out so it was full grip all the while and the front would come up and done banging into the rock hard ground.

It either needed to be ripped so it was losse on top and hope it would powder up and not be chunks of hard mud boulder chips or they needed to put the water truck on it so at least it was greasy slippery.   

Sidecar yeah only got it back in the frame friday night and it would seem the timing was out and running at TDC so it was heating up and felt like on one cylinder too so we parked it rather then break the good motor,  good thing really i think the track was too dangerous for the outfit, on the back staight you had to sit back over the tray as the bike would tip as it was fully upright and you kept hitting hard mud balls/ ridges under the tray bringing you to sudden stops....... 

They car guys had issues with it too so im not sure why it wasnt prepared properly, i was told someone dug the surface back into the track from last weeks World cup and rolled it, it rained for a few day and it was like concrete when we go to it, as its a clay track it just wouldnt dust up , chunks just broke out leaving pot holes and then the piece that came out wouldnt break up so there where these to navigate around and ride over as well.  If you listened when the cars went around you could hear the wheels squeek and squeal on the surface never heard that before on a dit track so it was like concrete.

HAving said that it cost us only $25 to run around, good static displays of cars-bikes in the pits and it was prity cool to see some of those old cars i remember from the 70" spinning around the track.   Would i do it again.... . Probaly but id put more emphisis on the Static display side of it rather than expecting too much in the way of racing my bike.

On the good side the Aero-batic display from Chris Spero was bloody impressive and you also got the free fireworks in too so it wasnt a total waste of a sat night :O)

But yeah as a spectator im not sure id be too wrapped......
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 11:20:45 am by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff