Author Topic: Should I buy it or an I waisting my money.  (Read 2755 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Should I buy it or an I waisting my money.
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 11:41:38 am »
Firko the side covers are not a problem I found a pair on ebay US and sent them to Prixhistoric f/glass in Vic . they make top quality copies
Thanks Iain, that's handy to know. Because my new DT2MX is missing the original tank, mudguards and side panels I've been searching eBay and the Swapmeet for original items. I was lucky enough to find a straight, original tank and pristine front and rear mudguards from a guy on Marks Swapmeet. I'd purchased something that had nothing to do with DT2MX and as I always do, asked him if he had any other stuff coming up for sale. He then revealed that he was a restorer who concentrated purely on pre '75 era twin shock Yamahas and the DT2MX/RT2MX in particular. He sold me those parts for silly money and told me that when the bike gets here to do an inventory of what's needed and he'll try and supply the missing or broken parts from his stash.
It was a great example of the VMX global village in action.

As far as the question you asked me in your PM mate, If I do decide, you'll be the first cab off the rank! ;)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 11:43:28 am by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 12:40:31 pm »
your talking about 3 differant bikes here, yes i have some RT360 but your also talkikng about differant periods in this thread.  IF you want a 1mx pre reed then yes your still too pricey and yes it is pre 70, the DT2mx that firkos talking about is reed so its not pre 70 its pre 75.  Just before you try and race it and it all goes pair shaped.  So are you after a DT1mx or a later Dt2mx or just a 360 for you mate and what does he wan tit for ? if he is doing pre75 then he may as well by my MX360A
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline farmpro

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2011, 12:47:42 pm »
Hey Guys !!!
I've still got too many toys.
I've got a DT1MX,RT2MX,DT2MX YZ 360B motor,MX250B converted to a twin shock Flat Tracker and a MX400B,YZ250B & YZ360B still Motocrossers but converted to twin shock.We can't run Monoshocks in Pre 75 here in Texas.
I'll let them all go as a package or individually.
I also have a XS650 Rickman that Pete Lee just raced Flat Track over here recently.It was originally built as a MXer and I have all that stuff too.
Plus plenty of DT/RT/YZA/B parts.Also 3 PDV's 250 & 360 too.
Let me know.

Bill Davis       Texas Vintage Racing Club

albrid-3

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 01:13:44 pm »
Hi Freaky,
If you buy the new Just bikes in colour you will see the Dt1 250 mx for sale for $7950 which I feel is a Very nice bike but too much for me, I was looking at a DT1 mx pre 70 Yamaha just out of curiosity.
 I think that they would become a low budget bike for pre70 class, and I wanted to get everybodys opinion on them, thats why this forum is so good most members will give you an honest opinion.
Now about the RT1 360 freaky, one of our club memebers in the CSC here in victoria asked me last week that he would like to buy this model could I find him one ( so I am asking around. This member already races a YZ250A, and currantly restoring the DT2mx model the one I got of Mark Firkin. This mate races a RT360 and I feel that he would like one to restore and add to collection.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2011, 02:09:03 pm »
I'm starting to get confused now. I don't know where all of this other stuff fits in. Dave asked about a DT2MX and that's what we're discussing. What is an RT360 Dave? Are you talking about a black tanked RT1 or an RT360MX? All of this "I'll sell you my???" is confusing the issue. Do you want a pre '75 or Pre '70 bike Dave? If you want a DT2MX stick to the plan and forget the other stuff. 

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

albrid-3

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2011, 05:33:50 pm »
Hi Mark, this thread is not about me, the fellow in our club comes from timboo here in Victoria he is the fellow that is looking for a Yamaha the same model as his 250, the 360 model with the silver tank and black stripe.

SPANISH ARMADA

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2011, 07:52:12 pm »
yes dave as i thought he wants an rt2mx best start looking off shore they come up on marks vintage swapmeet site know and then