Author Topic: Another Ebay Scam to be aware of.  (Read 8069 times)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Another Ebay Scam to be aware of.
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2011, 09:37:04 am »
I have a major problem with Paypal currently, and looking at closing my account because of it.  Because I work overseas for extended periods of time Paypal picks up that I have made a payment from my account from overseas and not Australia - so randomly (but often) the Paypal system rejects the payment leaving me stranded.  When queried about this I got the news that I can only use Australian Paypal in Australia (news to me) and that the system couldn't be changed because it was automated.  All of this after chasing a phone number for hours because it certainly isn't readily available from their website.
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

oldfart

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2011, 10:08:07 am »
Maximum profit all right, in the Billions. To me it's all about making it hard for the consumer to make contact in person.
Traily has a fair point , does this meet fair trading practices .... computer generated decisions

Offline MX?

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Classic Bike Forum
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2011, 07:31:46 pm »
Well, this story has more drama than the Soaps ::)

Around a week ago Oz Post finally got back to me.....

"I refer to your enquiry......a thorough investigation has been conducted. Unfortunately, our efforts to locate the item were unsuccessful....blah, blah."

So OK I thinks, and file a compensation claim. I didn't insure for extra, so max. is $100 + postage costs.

Friday I get a call from Oz Post.
"The copy of the receipts says you sent a coin set".
"Yes" I say.
"It's not legal to send a coin set international, so we won't be able to pay any claim" She Says.
"Well when I posted it I wrote on the Customs Notice....COIN SET. Why didn't they tell me then?". I say, barely containing my frustration.
"I doubt we can pay it, but please send a copy of the Customs Notice, we MAY review it"
"Don't you have the Customs information" Still trying very hard to be civil.
"No" She says.
 >:(

So this morning I fire up the 'puter to scan the Customs Notice and bugger me but here's an email from the buyer.

"Hello , please contact me, your set is trapped willfully by customs.
Regards"

Bloody hell! >:( >:( >:(

So now I have to send a declaration saying it is was a  sample only and then they'll release it and send it back to Australia.

Things may have a happy ending after all, and it says a lot for the integrity of the buyer as well.

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2011, 07:36:04 am »
Good to hear that it may work out in the end. Providing there are no more twists and turns.

I recently sold a potbelly stove on ebay for $340.  No contact from the buyer, so I sent a email stating that it would be re listed. Immediately got an irate phone call from buyer about my rudeness.  She then arranged to come and pick up the stove in ten days.  Get an email that morning that they're on their way.  Then no show.  I file an unpaid item claim with ebay, when I close it I find that I can't leave feedback for the buyer, but, the buyer can leave feedback for me.  So they can give me a neg, but I can't give them one.  Ebay said that bidding restrictions would be put on their account.  So 3 weeks have passed and I still had this potbelly stove, so I get a can of VHT give it a quick shot put it back on ebay and it goes for $760, felt like emailing the original winner and telling her to suck pus.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2011, 08:16:31 am »
At last, I have won something outside of e-bay...

Heineken International head office
Visiting address:
Tweede Weteringplantsoen 21
1017 ZD Amsterdam
The Netherlands.

Dear Internet User,

This Email is to inform you that you emerged a winner of the sum of 750,000.00 Euros in the Heineken grant donations with the following numbers attached Ref Number: PW 9590 ES 9414,Batch Number:573881545-NL/2011 and Ticket  Number: PP3502 /8707-01 on our online draws which was played on the year 2011.

For further Information about your Winnings,contact your Lottery Claims Officer with the following contact Address Below.

Mr. Wine Gudvanson
Tel: +31-684-246-075
Fax: +31-847-241-406
Email: [email protected]

You will provide him with the following information:

First name:
Last Name:
Telephone/Fax number:
Nationality/Country:

Congratulations! Thank you for being a user of the World Wide Web.

Online Coordinator; Joseph R. Coriaty.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2011, 11:30:40 am »
Geoff dutch beer normally its Nigerian!!!
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2011, 11:49:10 am »
Mr. Wine Gudvanson
Geoff...I think you'll find that email to be legitimate. The sender is my uncle Wine who has recently taken over the family's brewing interests in Nigeria. I speak to him regularly and know that if he's signed the form, it has to be right. I myself was recently left around 200 million American dollars in Uncle Wine's wifes will. The cheque is apparently enroute as we speak.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha