Author Topic: VIPER. Ideas for 2012  (Read 7690 times)

maico police

Re: VIPER. Ideas for 2012
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 12:44:30 PM »
Everything's fine. This sand feels wonderful!  :)

Offline FDR

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2012, 01:03:13 PM »
Nothing wrong with Viper formula, current race program pretty well covers all classes what more do you want.

All riders have to do is get there entries in early with payment, turn up and support host club & Viper committee who give there time to make it all happen.

I believe the flaggies issue is a problem and needs to be addressed, as previously trialed paying flaggies is the way to go. Simple no flaggies no race meeting.

Good quality newsletter with relevant information will also help.

How about supporting Mr & Mrs Maico who are working hard on securing venues for 2012 series, speak to your local club and discuss possibility of running a Viper meet.

maico police

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 01:15:21 PM »
Mont i hope to hell that you have no say in Vipers future.

Oh. Bye the way Frank.

Yes I do.....  ;)

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 01:42:33 PM »
Don't cave now Ross, I have no idea what your post about the sand means? Keep it on track and constructive else it will all be for nought.
Here's what needs to be addressed.
1. Attract more riders. Q: How do we attract more riders?

2. Attract/excite clubs to hold an event. Q: How do we attract/excite clubs?

3: Make it easier for hosting clubs. Q: How do we make it easier for hosting clubs?
K

Offline POM

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2012, 01:42:52 PM »
"Nothing wrong with Viper formula, current race program pretty well covers all classes what more do you want."

Frank, how can you say its all good when its not uncommon for only 3-6 bikes come to the line  in several classes?that is not good!!
Its nice to have a class for everybodys make/model/taste however theres just not enough of us turning up to make some classes exciting......3 bikes in a race is not exciting,some classes(not all) have to be combined..
Improving the numbers who turn up is the ideal, but seems increasingly hard to do,so common sense says we have to capitilise on the numbers we already have and compressing them into less classes and increasing the number of rounds seems very sensible to me.
Dont give up with this ross,I think its worth a go. imho.

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2012, 01:44:05 PM »
Change is good.With the dwindling numbers at viper meetings something needs to change and fast.An agm might be the answer as long as members go along and have a say.
The newsletter would be a great idea as the web site is a joke.Have to read this forum to find out whats going on.
I think there is a new committee this year so lets all get behind them and help when we can.
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2012, 01:45:48 PM »
What I'm talking about Brent is combing classes to make it a real race, not four guys following each other around. When you have twenty people or more it looks and is exciting! Less is more because we could actually have four rounds.

And by saving money on trophies we could actually be using that money to promote ourselves! You know. Show it off a bit TO ATTRACT MORE PEOPLE.

But anyhow, as I said, people seem to happy to leave things as they are so I guess that's what'll happen.

Ross we  would all like to see full grids and exciting racing.Its happened before and it can again but will combining class's attract more riders? Will guys on 125's and 250's go wow its a combined class now I'll go for that and suddenly start coming back - probably not with a few exceptions .Like FDR has said there's nothing wrong with the VIPER format.Perhaps some fine tuning but not a complete overhaul.I dont think that people have dropped out because the grids aren't full , they have dropped out for other reasons which has resulted in reduced class's and grids.Combining class's is a regressive move and will always effect someone ,like when I turned up at the begining of the season last year and found that the 2 bikes that I had put so much work into were in the same combined class.
As for trophies on the day, well yes they dont matter that much but the ritual of trophy presentation does.You said about people driving off, well that will always happen ,some people travel far, its understandable and if there was no presentation then noone would have the opportunity to thank the club and officials.Is that better?Will ex VIPER riders hear about the new no trophy on the day set up and suddenly race back into the scene?I dont think so.Adding a class for guys who just want a ride with no trophies and loose rules might bring in a few numbers.
As I already said I didnt think that VIPER was cash strapped,someone correct me if my info is off.I agree with the fact that there could be better promotion , building up the website as you suggested would be a great start.
Cheers Mate

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2012, 01:50:21 PM »
"Nothing wrong with Viper formula, current race program pretty well covers all classes what more do you want."

Frank, how can you say its all good when its not uncommon for only 3-6 bikes come to the line  in several classes?that is not good!!

[/quot

Who said all is good ? . Like FDR and BigK have suggested its not the format thats the problem.

Offline POM

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2012, 02:08:46 PM »
"Who said all is good ? . Like FDR and BigK have suggested its not the format thats the problem".

Agreed!! the format is not completely the problem...but it is some of it without doubt...example:pre 85 125 class ,there are only approx 3 riders consistantly competing in this, how can that carry on? evo 125 is the same.....and pre 85 250 (myclass) not much better either.
I also agree compressing classes could be viewed as a backwards step,however unless somebody can magic up more riders (probably at least another 30 or so...good luck with that)to attend what other options are there?Remember compressing classes doesnt have to be permanent,if and when the numbers do finally return things can always be reverted.

maico police

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2012, 02:23:10 PM »
Ok. Probably wasn't a good idea putting this up here. I thought people might want to put some ideas out there but I'm copping it in the neck.
We'll try and get a meeting and a vote on some things. Don't know where or when but it'll happen before we have any changes.