Author Topic: when is it reasonable to let a moron know he really is a moron  (Read 6620 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: when is it reasonable to let a moron know he really is a moron
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 10:24:46 am »
I also realised that the biggest whinger is easily flipped around to your biggest  convert.

Your a Missionary on these poor lost soul's Lozza  ;D 

In Ref: to BigK  ABC Grade..Id say we are A/B Class swingers when it comes to our local shop MX.  8)
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 01:53:33 pm »
piss funny just had a wanker explosion,he decided to have a go at one of my mechanics,coincidently hitatree from the forum.he beat me to it.bad form to work into the workshop and start mouthing off ???10 mins of fine abuse ending with you only work here you cant tell me to #@uck off out of the work shop thensaid only robin can make me go.should have seen the look on his face-rosco its time to go(not rosco from the forum) priceless ;D ;D ;D

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 03:23:40 pm »
With working in customers homes for nearly 30yrs I can gauge a customer in 15 seconds, I used to get into some right barneys with the 5% that are never going to be happy. After reading a basic psycology book I realised that a barney is exactly what they want, obligeing them just confirms the opinion they had before. Learning how to disarm them is the trick, and I also realised that the biggest whinger is easily flipped around to your biggest  convert.

Can you work your magic on some of the cranky sods that inhabit this forum Lozza?

Or is that too much for even a man of your skill and daring?  ;)
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 03:35:23 pm »
With working in customers homes for nearly 30yrs I can gauge a customer in 15 seconds, I used to get into some right barneys with the 5% that are never going to be happy. After reading a basic psycology book I realised that a barney is exactly what they want, obligeing them just confirms the opinion they had before. Learning how to disarm them is the trick, and I also realised that the biggest whinger is easily flipped around to your biggest  convert.

missed reading this one and you are right thats what he was after,a blue had the hide to come back and ask for his 10 dollars back!

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 04:13:02 pm »
 Had a customer years ago who wanted to put on a show in the front of the shop. I can't remember now what it was all about but I recall having the moral highground. He got himself so agitated that he plonked his open face onto his head - backwards  :D It was probably the laughter from the other customers enjoying the show that drove him out of the shop. You reckon the peakless look is bad, try the backwards look!

Had another guy argue the cost of a s/h part. I knew the price I'd given him was well under its value and a good deal. He wanted to make a point in front of the other customers about how much of a rogue I was blah blah. I offered him 'the double jeopardy' - I ring a dealer and if my price was too high I'd lower it.....BUT, if my price was under I'd increase it accordingly. Couldn't be fairer than that. He said OK. The rest of the patrons were enjoying the exchange too. Guess what, my price was too low, so......he decided he'd take it for the first price. I said no deal. He wanted to play the game and then not abide by the rules. Off he went stridently partless and red-faced embarrased. I never missed having him as a customer but I picked up a few of the others as regulars 'coz they liked the way I operated! You don't have to be nasty to make a point.
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

oldfart

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2011, 05:23:55 pm »
Gentle persuation works better than hostile confrontation.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 05:44:29 pm »
I just tell them to fark off.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 07:09:14 pm »
i worked for kennards .
  chainsaw
I've heard that kennards rent chainsaws. [ Very game ]
Customer told me THAT when I said NO CHAINSAWS.

We work on the principal that if they have trouble with a car trailer.
We try to rent nondangerous stuff but the list is getting smaller by the day.

i think it was col joy who fell out of a tree he was cutting down on his property about 18 years ago got pretty badly injured he was using a kennards chainsaw at the time.cheers

Offline hitatreeonce

• A-Grade
  • rather be an old fart than a young dickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 07:18:50 pm »
Well my tirade this arvo has made the forum! let me explain for the record........ sitting down after having a tasty ham cheese and tomato sanga washed down with some orange juice, I light a bunger and get into a deep disscussion about how Monday its time to flip the page on the calander and miss Augusts lovely funbags will be on display for the next month when this 5'2" guts on legs walks in and starts babbling shit. I wont get into the details mainly because I wasnt paying much attention, shitboss dumpster owners who find their tyres on a rubish tip rate fairly low on my importance scale. After several years of putting up with this short fat flea I'd had enough! I proceeded to explain to him what a tosser he was, in hindsight this was fairly stupid of me as his IQ level is somewhat below room temp and it only made his blood pressure rise and fill up his brain cavity to the point of bursting. While he was hurling abuse at me, I was confused as I did not know if I should laugh or pull the pen from my pocket thrust it into his left eyeball and release the pressure, the later being against the law so I decided to tell him to get the fork out of the workshop and dont come back he didnt listen so I told him several times, he left, my consulation being the boss asked him to leave, oh well I'll wake up to morrow another day older and he'll still be a forkwit, but a forkwit annoying some other bike shop and I'm sure another forkwit will replace him, just like space invaders!  Anyway looking forward to the changing of the calander on Monday and to perving on miss August for the next month.

Offline QLD779

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 07:55:14 pm »
It's the opposite in mackay. You can't get anyone to do anything properly. Ordered some bolts and received some 10mm too short. Sent my cylinder head in to get valves ground. Took three weeks to do four valves and they managed to loose an exhaust stud???
You don't have to be, but it helps.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2011, 08:29:52 pm »
so does that make you an A grader or a C grader 779?

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 09:40:27 pm »
Years ago I got sick of dickhead customers, so I opened a shop without a sign.  I figured people would have to have half a brain to find me.  Worked like a charm.

Offline chrisdespo

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 09:37:46 am »
I think davey has the right idea...
i used to love it when the looser would come in and ask how much for a Part and you say $20 dollars and they say you have to be jokeing thats way to much, then you say oh sorry i mean $40 he says you can.t do that  and again you say $60 the blood starts to boil and they say you have no right to do this and get wilder you just hold up your hand and say do you want it or not as i will sell it later and by the way thats $80 now. I can get away with this as i am 130 kg and six foot seven inches tall see ya!!!!
When in DOUBT GAS IT!!!

kevwrx

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2011, 09:33:03 pm »
Grade your clients: A clients are good paying, return customers who deserve your respect and good service. B customers are those who are a little awkward but you think could be upgraded to A's with a bit of nurturing. C customers are the slow paying, whinge over anything, dickheads you really don't want or need. Sack them! I actually tell my B customers of the grading system and it is part of the upgrade process, the look on their face is priceless. The A's are un-aware of the grading but don't need to be, the C's don't get a look in and are short shifted quickly. All you forum members should be asking yourselves if you are A, B or C's to anyone you deal with.
K
This would make me a Z customer then ?