Author Topic: Crawford River Classic 2011  (Read 22951 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Crawford River Classic 2011
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2011, 12:48:09 pm »
And the vote on this amendment should have been

carried out at a special general meeting held at a

suitable venue eg a licenced club on a week night

not at Canowindra on a Sunday morning - IT WAS A SET-UP  :'(

GEORGE

That's wide of the mark. The meeting at Canowindra WAS a special meeting, that all members knew about well in advance - and proxy votes were invited. Meetings at race events are undoubtedly the way to get the most people to attend. They also have the bonus of being particularly accessible to the active club members, rather than just those that happen to live in the right part of Sydney.
I wasn't entirely impressed with how the discussion was run at that meeting, but to claim that having the meeting at Canowindra was some sort of "stitch up", is simply wrong.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2011, 12:52:09 pm »
Um Carl the only person that mentioned anything that could be construed as derogatory towards the CRC was a guy that was there and he was only saying that the numbers for a particular era's trophy race were dissapointing.

For my part I was defending what I saw as a proposal that had merit.

It's fantastic that so many people had a great time at the CRC, both Junior and Senior. It's just a pity you saw fit to change the event date otherwise you would of had another 20+ riders/flaggies there to also enjoy the fun. Call that politicking if you will but it remains a fact.

Why is this not the right place to voice opinions on not only HEAVEN as a club but also the future of the sport as a whole?

Due to the wide geographic area of the membership it is not always possible for all members to be at club meetings to voice their opinion. Not to mention the rest of the VMX community who also have a right to discuss the future of VMX in Australia. As the president of the club it seems to me that being able to hear as many points of view as possible would only be a beneficial thing as you make decisions on the future of the club.

Cheers
Shaun

TREV53

« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2011, 10:11:19 pm »
Hi my name is trevor i would like to thank all the people on sunday that helped me packed my car wile i was lying flat on my back winging i think it was more drugs was all  i could say ,and wear can i put this arm
thare was way to many to name but i would like thank Fernando for driving  my car home and you all now your names
thumbs up
Ihave been at work all week with one arm in a sling might be at the next gig
thanks for the great week end  Narelle and kev   
 The band was great on saterday night for those how missed it.

On another matter my cz that front brake . Larst meting at canbera first corner Sean cut me of i think hondas must be slower in corners but it tock my front brake out it has never done that in all the years of racing may be i will turn it over
and Mark it still going ts 185 modification

Don i hope you are recovering well

cheapracer

« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2011, 10:57:48 pm »
took my front brake out it has never done that in all the years of racing may be i will turn it over

lolz, sorry I jinxed ya Mate!!  :D :D

Offline rtb

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2011, 06:21:20 am »
Had a blast riding around on the motocross and grass track last weekend.

A point I would like to bring up, on the start line for the Evo 250 race was three generations of the same family. Pop at 68 ( back riding dirt bikes after a 30 year break), son at 48 and grandson at 18. We all had a ball and Pop even kept it on two wheels.

I bet you won't get that at any other meeting.

PS We lapped Pop in 4 laps, but back in the pits he was all smiles and can't wait for Canowindra. He is getting old and has to travel North in the motorhome for winter so he will miss some rounds.

Thanks to all the people who helped with the setting up and removal of the track bunting it is really appreciated.

See yo at the Lakes

RTB

TM BILL

« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2011, 06:31:13 am »
Had a blast riding around on the motocross and grass track last weekend.

A point I would like to bring up, on the start line for the Evo 250 race was three generations of the same family. Pop at 68 ( back riding dirt bikes after a 30 year break), son at 48 and grandson at 18. We all had a ball and Pop even kept it on two wheels.

I bet you won't get that at any other meeting.

PS We lapped Pop in 4 laps, but back in the pits he was all smiles and can't wait for Canowindra. He is getting old and has to travel North in the motorhome for winter so he will miss some rounds.

Thanks to all the people who helped with the setting up and removal of the track bunting it is really appreciated.

See yo at the Lakes

RTB

I can appreciate that i was fortunate to line up with my Dad and my Daughter at a meeting a couple of years back  :) we were about the same age as you guys then 69,46,20 and actually live in different countries .A great feeling and very proud to have 3 generations in the same race  :)

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2011, 07:48:15 pm »
Here's a bit of el cheapo helmet cam action from Crawford River 2011.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5rKUOsgYVM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf3It-anO0g
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 10:13:05 am by vmxrider »

Offline Husabergpete

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2011, 09:17:57 pm »
Barron VMX on page 7 said it the right. Like him I have brought my 16yo son into VMX so we could do something together. Build a bike, put the tent up and now 2 yrs on, ride in the same Evo 250 and all in races. Try that with League or Soccer. I also wanted to race the same mates I raced against in 1978, 79 & 80. With their sons and fathers for that matter. I could get involved in the politics and the arguements, but have seen enough to know those who do the doing should be congradulated and not put down. Those that help are needed and those that do nothing should take note.

Carl and I had a great time last weekend. With any event anywhere there is always room for improvement. Same as for the riders. when I am world champion I will ask for more than what I get out of a Heaven meeting.

PS - the band sounded even better from a warm sleeping bag.....

Pete # 100
KTM 250 1980,  Maico 250 AW 1977, Husqvarna CR 430 1981, , CZ 250 1973 and a 550 Husaberg

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2011, 09:35:43 pm »
Here's a bit of el cheapo helmet cam action from Crawford River 2011.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5rKUOsgYVM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf3It-anO0g

Hey thanks Vmxrider, as elcheapo as you reckon, I still enjoyed it, Cheers.
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2011, 07:14:50 am »

sorry, I have to say what I'm thinking, what a lack of respect to Magoo as the CRC was his baby and he made it such a special event. Very poor form. Maybe it's because I took pledges from some NSW wanabees for the charity rides for Magoo, for them to turn around and not honour them with lame excuses, that I dont care about upseting the pure bloods.

geez, he was about VMX you dills, not just EVO and Pre 85.

to hell with it, Worms

This is not directly exclusively (or even particularly) at Worms.

I think that using the memory of Bruce as a political football, and the continued grappling for position on an imaginary "Magoo friendship ladder" is far more disrespectful than anything the club has done or not done.

Everyone has their own opinions on what he'd have wanted, and which race meet the Magoo Memorial race should be included in, but I can't imagine him responding well to the bickering over the topic, if he was still around to hear it...

since when are you the measurer of friendship Nathan, your comment is gutless and unfounded, you were given the opportunity to remove your tripe, but hey , you are what you are! CRC and Magoo belong together, either honour the heavens commitment from last year or send it back to QLD where it will be amongst true "imaginary" friends.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2011, 10:55:43 am »
My point was that nobody is the measurer of friendship - so nobody gains anything by claiming they were more of a mate to Bruce. Specifically: such behavior is petty, and demeans his memory.

I don’t know how to make it any clearer.

There's no doubt that Bruce's passing has left a void in the Aussie VMX scene. We all feel it, particularly those of us that live in NSW. I am just at a loss to understand how using him as a political football helps anyone.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Barronvmx

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2011, 07:22:09 pm »
Worms and Nathan S I want you to hug and make up at CD8 or you will get big smacks.
Huskies
CR250 1972, CR400 1972, SC125 1973, CR250 1975GP, WR250 1979/80, XC125 1983, TX510 1983, XC125 1984 project, CR250 1984 project
Honda's
SL100 1971, XL100 1974, Hondasaki 210, XL185 1981 project
Jawa's
1959 250 project, 1969 175 trail boss project.
Sachs 1969 125

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2011, 08:00:31 pm »
Sorry Glenn, I'm not going.