Author Topic: aussie dollar  (Read 3988 times)

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: aussie dollar
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 06:57:22 pm »
The USA is not at all happy with China as they believe the Chinese currency is way undervalued, which is why chinese exports are booming, but that,s another story.

The Chinese currency is directly tied to the value of the Greenback, so they shouldn't be surprised, and so it shouldn't it affect the cost of Chinese imports into the US.

The US is unhappy because they are selling the family farm to China to fund their lifestyles and they will have to make extremely unpopular [politically suicidal] changes to stop the rot. If you reckon the Greenback is low now, wait till the reserve cranks up the printing presses… then the world will really see something…  :o

Interesting times ahead.
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 01:46:38 pm »
At noon (AEDT), the dollar was trading at US98.73c

news last night was a match...christmas shoppers are going crazy online..,, support and buy local they say for christmas..we'll try  :)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

TT

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 02:18:36 pm »
I've got about 6 packages on the way from the U.S. as we speak.
Not so much because of the dollar, just stuff I've wanted, but the dollar helps.  ;)

monaro308

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 02:23:28 pm »
I would buy local,except the "locals" are buying O/S and marking up things 200%
I get things delivered from the States quicker than what i can get posted in my own suburb.
If the business' are "in it" to make money...well guess what? I'm "in it" to save me money!
I will always support the local when i know i'm not getting shafted.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 02:45:37 pm »
When I was a kid the US$ was equivalent approx. to 50cents Aust. but of course the Aust.$[pound] wasn't floated on the world market and was set by the Aus.fed gov. Thats basically what china is sticking to now. The upshot of this is that any Aussie manufacturers are seriously suffering because our products have increased in price by about 30% in the last year or so. [because the world {stupidly in my laymans opinion} trades in $US]. Add to this the fact that local small businesses cannot borrow money from banks and its plain to see that local manufacturing is in trouble. A friend has been manufacturing mining equipment for years for overseas use but has effectively been seriously undercut. Even though China is artificially cheap, companies that want quality don't often use them more than once. However Germany is now heaps cheaper with manufacturing than oz is. To me the US$ has been floating on bull sh*t for years. cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 03:28:37 pm »
Just watched the ABC news and China is slowly shutting there gates to mineral imports.
They are keeping there specialty minerals to themselves..
Looks like we might have to get off our butts and do some more mining for ourselves and all those little bits needed for computor and technologee
Your mining mate Pancho ! may have to mine for himslef so to speak. ;D

cheers
news flash::The big 4 banks post profits totaling $20billion. That's $1,000 per Australian!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 07:04:01 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!