Author Topic: Penrith Club Charity Meeting-Magoo.  (Read 37581 times)

firko

Re: Penrith Club Charity Meeting-Magoo.
« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2010, 12:01:59 am »
More shots from the Magoo meeting.........
Noel and the big Yammie

Adrian Goold and his sweet 250 Kato

Justin Burdus on his RM250B

Getting ready for the Le Mans start of the pre '85 25 lapper.

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2010, 08:45:47 am »
Fantastic 2 days, last chance to enter Griffith, do it now. It is BIG. Interesting the Pre-75 classes still lead the entry list.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2010, 05:58:05 pm »
Another great weekend thanks to Chris, Mark, Neville and all the usual Penrith  push. Good racing, good track and lots of old & new friends. Good to put faces to a few more forum identities and chew the fat. Talking about chew the fat, Herb over fed us with some extra col sanders on sat. nite [and my leathers getting a bit tighter each year]. My slider did its "singing frog "act and would not perform for the masses. No spark after half a lap. Its got another chance at Griffith. Thanks to Ed from 'Heads Plus' for a ride on his 125 Elsinor however I couldn't do it justice, it prefers to perform for Adam Constable. Good to see a full grid of sliders in the first round. cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2010, 07:17:40 pm »
poncho leathers shrink overnight in the castlereagh climate.what you need to do is get them down to a new climate, like griffith and then they will be ok.
it`s great to hear the reply from the folk.hope all your travellers got home ok etc.
there was some personal donations as well as the money from the meeting this has to be totalled up and will get back to this thread when we have the grand total.
great photos firko love the one of ollie it looks like an american flat track shot.
now what`s next on the calendar.

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2010, 09:51:49 pm »
Re Ollie has some one got his contact details as he was not sure about coming to Griffith,I will cop his entry fee to get him down here. Just like the lads style. Need a Bully on the grid must be my spanish blood.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 09:53:35 pm by Grasy 6 »

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2010, 07:40:23 am »
Don't worry, Grasy there will be a Bully there, Tony's Astro with NOS motor from Antig is nearly finished , will fire it up for the first time today.
Foss

firko

« Reply #141 on: September 03, 2010, 12:15:22 pm »
Here's some more shots from the Penrith Magoo Meeting last weekend.
Below....I finally found a shot of Grasy that's good enough to put up here. It was the last action shot I took on the day so for some reason I initially overlooked it. Here he leads Jens Olsen and Mick Hockley

Thankfully there was only one major accident, this sidecar crashed right in front of me and the rider was in a fair bit of pain with a broken leg. Naturally I missed the crash shot.

It's good to see Steve Adamsons ex Tommy Thompson Redline Triumph back on the scene.

This DT1 powered home made slider has been around since the early seventies. It's recently undergone a good period resto and looks like it's straight out of a time machine. Unfortunately it wasn't listed in the program so we don't know the owner.

Brian Kelleher (650 Yamaha) and Billy Brown(Montesa 250) fight it out in pre '70

Noel Lewis (CZ) leads the battling pair of Ross'Turtle' Merrick (Maico) and Steve Adamson (Redline Triumph)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 12:20:14 pm by firko »

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2010, 08:54:04 am »
The DT1 slider rider would be Colin Laws. cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2010, 05:03:53 pm »

What a fantastic day out this was, I havenet set foot out at Nepean since 1983 which involved some laps on an RM465.  I even managed to catch up with an old former work-mate, Ronnie Davis, now there's a legend, the bloke has slowed a little since back in the 70's but is still SMOOTH AS SILK, still hard to get a smile out of too!  AND the bloke is still riding a TM400 he had back then!

Lots of nice old weapons getting around, bloody fantastic.

cheers,
K.t.

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2010, 09:51:23 pm »
penrith newsletter was in the post today a quote from the letter.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who attended the Bruce McFarland Memorial Dirt Track in August,it was a great event and a fitting memorial to Bruce.There are a few souvenir keyrings available at a cost of $10 each, if you want one, please contact Neville or Christine on 47214439

first thing on my to do list!!

firko

« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2010, 10:57:13 pm »
I've got the keyrings here. I'll be putting them on the forum as soon as I can get the bank details off Penrith club.
I'll make another attempt tomorrow.............cheers, Mark.

Update: To simplify the process I've handed the keyring deal back to Penrith club to make it easier to control the payment situation. As it was, I had no way of knowing whether a payment had gone into the account or not, making it a bit hard for me to do it from here. Stay tuned for new details on how to obtain these great little mementos of a good bloke.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 02:12:49 pm by firko »