Author Topic: Penrith Club Charity Meeting-Magoo.  (Read 37550 times)

Curly3

Re: Penrith Club Charity Meeting-Magoo.
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2010, 08:57:46 pm »
I found a new drug.
Well not so new but I haven't enjoyed its affect since, what seems like a lifetime ago.
ADRENALIN.
I managed to stay upright and even got a bit more "Competitive"????????? as the day wore on.
After spending Saturday night around the fire with the "Griffith Maffioso", I'm even more convinced that the Oz Titles in Griffith on the 18-19th of Sept will be a meeting to remember and I'm peed off I won't be there.
Anyone sitting on the fence should pull their proverbial's out and get your entry in tomorrow, I'm sure Dave will bend over to help accommodate you ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D, he is a St George supporter after all.
There I was thinking I managed to complete the 25 lapper only to be shot down by Dave when he happily  pointed out that I only did 22 laps, I got lapped 3 times. It felt like 250.
Thanks to Jim for your help in the last couple of weeks.
Steve.

P.S. The pre 75, 25 lapper was actually won by Dave Gras, Peter Lee succumed to the pressure of Olly and dropped it at the right hander, Olly then dropped a chain and Dave picked up the spoils.
To finnish first, first you've got to finnish.
Sorry Firko.

firko

« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2010, 10:55:54 pm »
Curly putting the pressure on Jim or visa versa..

« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 11:38:34 pm by firko »

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2010, 06:28:09 am »
had a great day thanks to everybody who helped put it on
its 6.30am and evey part of me is feeling my age.
no 2 is curly3 and me 454 steve beat me to the flag which was 10mtrs away for 3rd in pre 85 open heat 2
jim

Offline Turtle.Inc

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2010, 07:20:08 am »
Big thanks to Penrith club and everyone who volunteered/marshalled both days.

The 25 lappers were a blast and went by to quick, was only getting warmed up by about lap 24 ::)

Good to see a few Heaven guys made the trek to Nepean.

The guy on the PE400 was #108 Chris Jones who went through the weekend unbeatable, doubt there would have been room in his van for his head on the way home ;D.

All I could manage was a lay down at the end of the straight and skinned elbows, always next time tho ;)

Special thanks to Anne and the kids for coming out for the day

Cheers Rosco
Always looking for Maico parts/bikes, cash paid

Offline nifty

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2010, 08:10:25 am »
Fantastic weekend, congratulations to the Penrith club for a well run event.
Only made a distance of 100M in the 25 lapper and that was only with the help of Roger helping push the flooded Maico!
Sunday was a blast and had some great racing on the Honda but couldn't catch Clarky or Brett.

Turtle, you have a nice silver cup to pick up off Noel from the 25 lapper, 2nd I believe, well done.

Good to see Ann and the kids at the event. Another congrats to the club with the medallions, now have a good memory of the big fella!

Nifty

Offline Turtle.Inc

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2010, 10:56:44 am »
Fantastic weekend, congratulations to the Penrith club for a well run event.
Only made a distance of 100M in the 25 lapper and that was only with the help of Roger helping push the flooded Maico!
Sunday was a blast and had some great racing on the Honda but couldn't catch Clarky or Brett.

Turtle, you have a nice silver cup to pick up off Noel from the 25 lapper, 2nd I believe, well done.

Good to see Ann and the kids at the event. Another congrats to the club with the medallions, now have a good memory of the big fella!

Nifty

Couldnt hang around for the presentation, didnt mind at all being the first loser :D
Maicos, the start ya bastard wasnt working on any of em as far as I could tell, plenty of tired Maico riders just from the push starts :P
Always looking for Maico parts/bikes, cash paid

firko

« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2010, 11:04:23 am »
I reiterate everything Nifty, Rossco, Jim and Curley said......the Nepean Magoo meeting was a brilliant day of dirt track. The vibe, quality of racing and number of never seen before bikes could only spell a positive for the sports immediate future. Griffith will go off like ripper, you watch!

It was so good to see Anne and the kids and being able to have a chat with them. They're such a nice family and although 'ol Magoo's not with 'em any more, I think Ann's strength of character will pull 'em through. ;)
I ran off a few photos of the action and must apologise for the lack of variety. My old 'war injury' was playing up big time which pretty much limited me to staying on the speedway bend.
Below: Olly Smith is a spectacular young bloke and is getting even faster on John Imries ex John Hines Astros.

Jonesy debuted his new 4v Jawa with a class win

Will Davey had a good day on his slick DT250 Yamaha based flat tracker

firko

« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2010, 11:12:36 am »
Peter Lee brought out the old SL350 rocketship for some pre '70 action.

Grasy was so fast I couldn't get a decent action shot of him...they're all blurred ;D. Despite my wrong reporting earlier in the post, Dave won Saturdays pre '75 25 lapper.

Rossco putting on the style on the big Maico.

firko

« Reply #128 on: August 30, 2010, 11:24:59 am »
Old stalwart Mick Cram is having some health problems so Allan Bennet rode his Jens Olsen prepped TS400 Suzuki

Another shot of Alan Jones stylin'. For the first time im memory Black Betty stayed home, getting a rebuild for the Nats.

The forums Noel Lewis trophied on his cool TT500 tracker

Brett Chipperfield gets the start on his orange Elsinore ahead of Ollie #99 and Rossco on the wheelying Maico
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 11:35:44 am by firko »

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2010, 08:24:01 pm »
What a terrific roll up for the Magoo Memorial weekend , good one guys. 

EA and I had a great day on Sunday, just watchin' the Skids an catching up with old friends and making some new ones , a lot of the old Dirt Track suspects were there with some stirring racing to be seen and we both found  the Trophy Presentation to be extremely moving , also the Sidecar boys tribute to Garry Anderson was very fitting , what a wonderful spirit our sport has  !!

One thing that struck me , after Firko posted the photos of Jim and Curly gettin' into it on the speedway bend, was that they were both running their older brothers race numbers from the '70s.

See ya all at Griffith

Foss & EA

Curly3

« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2010, 08:49:33 pm »
The only thing missing Allan, was that I didn't SPEAR Jim.
Just goes to show how much little bro's looked up their big bro's.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2010, 08:55:01 pm »
steve
i nealy speared you in the next race in the drag to the 1st bend.i got buggered riding 4 bikes so i wont be doing that again.had a lot of fun now for the nats
jim

colmoody

« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2010, 08:55:13 pm »
Ditto to all the above re the Nepean weekend. Great images as always Firko. Anymore where they came from. Dont hold back on us now. Same goes for anyone else whom might have some shots from the weekend.  Only managed to get out for a look for a few hours yesty and as usual the Griffith connection on there filthy four strokes where honkin as were a whole heap of others whom names allude me at this time. Everybody, including a few stand outs (they know who they are) all contributed to what was a great weekend's racing. Alway's great to see a newbie (kinda) step up to the plate and in this case it was Steve Askew (Curly 1,2 or three) on the DR500 Suzuki. Talk about a kid in a lollie shop. Did'nt get to see any finals but saw Steve place in a few heats and semi's and he was on a mission. Noel on the CZ.

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2010, 09:01:48 pm »
Thanks Penrith Club & committee for the well organised & layed back program that I hope raised some good money for a needy cause.
 The pits was a place full of happy faces & was great to meet the forum gents.

Hats of to Mark , Christine & Co to get such a large number of entries after the postponment of the original date.

See you all at Griffith or next year at the Charity Day. Can some one tell Ollie it is not on next year (that boy is great to watch from the fence or from behind).

Hey Curly what size boots do you wear as we (Griffith Maffios) are making some concrete booties for you. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:05:30 pm by Grasy 6 »

Curly3

« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2010, 09:09:05 pm »
Sorry Dave, what I meant to say was that you would bend over backwards to help any late entries.
There were definitely no homosensual undertones meant :P :P :P
I was tired.
Pete must have gotten in Carlos's ear today because he's keen to get down there.
It was good to finally catch up with you guy's.
Thanks Col, I loved every minute.
Go the Rooters.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:11:11 pm by Curly3 »