Author Topic: Bultaco Al bandito 360,  (Read 4877 times)

SAABCOMBI

Bultaco Al bandito 360,
« on: September 17, 2010, 07:10:42 am »
back in the 60`s a lot of fellows raced them very popular, but where are they now.

TooFastTim

Re: Bultaco Al bandito 360,
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 06:24:11 pm »
Probably been buried with their riders.

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 09:31:02 am »
Im with you Tim. Overpowered evil handling buckets of shit. Anybody who has tried to ride one has been killed. Cheers Jerry PS Much like the much loathed or loved TM400's

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 10:12:04 am »
Im with you Tim. Overpowered evil handling buckets of shit. Anybody who has tried to ride one has been killed. Cheers Jerry PS Much like the much loathed or loved TM400's

That's 100% true Jerry.

I have been waiting for someone to say it.

Buckets of shit.

and they were called "El Bandito"  ::)

"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 08:28:23 pm »
  It must be a slow death !
   I have been competing on my Montadero/Bandito for the last ten years in motocross,dirtrack,grasstrack and even vinduro.
  Its reliable,smooth powered and handles pretty good.It's a full sized and heavy pre 70 bike. Great fun to ride. note Fun.
   They were a competitive bike in their day,not too good at mx(heavy bike) but did well in desert racing and dirt track.
   As for a bucket of shit, I think not.
  Maybe you guys should get a ride on one before you claim someone elses opinion of the bike as fact, my bike is available at heaven meetings,you might be surprised.

Offline jerry

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 09:18:46 am »
Sorry Moto my comments were ill founded and insensitive. My sincere apologies. Cheers Jerry

Doggy Digger

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 11:20:20 am »
I think the Banditos were regular WINNERS in late 60s and 1970 in Californian desert races ....

firko

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 01:41:36 pm »
The old "this bike's a bucket of shit" or "that bike's a death trap"  are typical examples of they type of bigotry that does nothing but cause unnecessary angst . I've ridden an El Bandito and a Montadero and reckon that history has been a little unkind to them. Sure, they're probably a bit lumpy for motocross when compared to a Mk7 Pursang but in reality they're not much heavier than an XL Honda or an all steel RT1. They make excellent short circuit bikes and I reckon the el Bandito one of the most beautiful MX bikes ever made, up there with the Metisse and RZ250 Honda. They're most definitely not a bike for effete' girly boys or those who prefer to ride plastic clone bikes.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 01:45:13 pm by firko »

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 02:12:15 pm »

Offline jerry

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 02:21:17 pm »
The evil handling bucket of shit that I rode that nearly killed me must have been made on a Friday or something. Presumably all the rest are OK!. Having said that I will concede that sure are purty. By the way Firko what does effete mean? Cheers Jerry

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 05:20:14 pm »
Back in the Moorebank scramble days when I regularly exploded the gearbox in the modified AJay road 500 while half a lap in front, there were one or two blokes riding Pursangs while I was gnashing my teeth in the spectator area. These gentlemen that managed to find the readies to purchase these beaut looking machines wouldn't rev 'em and would chug around no-where near the power band. Most frustrating! How I would have liked to ride one of those at Nepean. Then when the Bandito appeared I wanted that even more. Great looking machines AND goers....cheers pancho
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 06:15:09 pm »

firko

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 06:36:31 pm »
By the way Firko what does effete mean? Cheers Jerry
ef·fete? ?
[ih-feet]  Show IPA
–adjective
lacking in wholesome vigor; degenerate; decadent: an effete, overrefined society.
exhausted of vigor or energy; worn out: an effete political force.
unable to produce; sterile.

My definition is a 'Nancy boy with no balls'......I was pretty close!

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 07:10:19 pm »