Author Topic: Ok, who ordered the factory kawasakis?  (Read 9331 times)

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
Re: Ok, who ordered the factory kawasakis?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2010, 06:44:02 pm »
no you cant have my clutch covers i am keeping them all ;)
follow me to first turn

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2010, 06:49:29 pm »
Get em out of the shed and let them be enjoyed if VMX people know who they belong to then the chances of them going underground could be far less or if the ownwership is known you think it would be beneficial to the owners if there was a theft?

PB20

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2010, 07:00:06 pm »
They'll show up at a bike race/event somewhere.

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2010, 07:04:15 pm »
The sum total of the details are "Australia": So we know the bike is somewhere within 22 million people and over 7.5 million square kilometres.

If that's enough info for anyone to track the bike down to steal it, then they were going to be able to track it down anywhere in the world.

If you stole it, you could never use it, could never sell it and could never even show it to anyone... WhyTF would you bother? Maybe the local dead-beat my be willing to thrash it around the scrub, but if the security at the new owner's house is such that a local deadbeat can take it, then they don't deserve to own the bloody thing in the first place. And I really doubt that the local deadbeat is the one to work out exactly where its going based on an overseas internret forum posting that says its going to Australia.

FFS, are we eight years old?

Edit: This is completely different to "Fred Marsh from Bulli has a really nice RC500 and a YZM500 in his back shed". That's what vmx155 seems to be talking about and I understand that point. But the statement that started this off was "Australia"...  ::)
I've lived the early Mazda dream (even when living in Wollongong) so I know the dramas... I know its futile, but I'd really live to drive a stake through the heart of the paranoia about "If anyone knows you've got it, then it will go missing", particularly when it comes to a very small, very tight-knit community like the VMX one.
Despite Husky67's scare at CD4, I am still to hear of an Australian VMX theft that wasn't just opportunistic thieves who have taken the easiest bike they can get their hands on (which sometimes happens to be a VMX bike).

Well thanks a lot Nathan,
Fred Marsh,
Bulli

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2010, 07:27:02 pm »
OK , there mine and NOT Holeshots, i was running out of sinkers and thought how about a ton of kawa bits!

Cheers Worms

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2010, 07:27:10 pm »

Who's got my YZM

Fred Marsh

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2010, 07:29:04 pm »
two blokes called Fred Marsh, spooky ;D

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2010, 09:06:19 pm »
You seem to be angry all the time Ross, or at best confrontational, and it seems the topic of the post's don't matter, you always (mostly) take a contrary position to the general concensus. I guess you enjoy a bit of controversy. I remember saying gidday at Blue Rock, no-one else?
K
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 09:16:14 pm by bigk »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2010, 09:09:29 pm »
It's about the principle of privacy for me here. OK the post was "innocent", however as some people have eluded to already, those in the know could have a fair idea where the stuff is headed. Now with all the loose lips around, this fellow's hope of any sought of privacy is shot to hell. If you've ever had anything nicked, you'll know how sickening it is, not that this is the point but must be considered. NR's post was probably in his interest of VMX, but IMO it's the new owner who should get the say of what, when & where. I had a phone call the other day from someone I didn't know in another state, who proceeded to tell me some of the things I had in my shed, in some detail! The world is small.
K

I don't get the privacy thing - at least not to this extent. It mostly seems to be an adult male version of an eight year old girl saying to her friend "I know something that you don't"...

If people have been able to figure out who the new owner is by the word "Australia" then they'd have been able to figure it out anyhow. If it really mattered, then the owner's mouth would have been kept so tightly shut that nobody would have even been able to guess.
Hell, if it really mattered, then they'd have asked their pommy friend to keep his mouth shut - and the pommy friend would have obliged because he understood.

I sometimes wonder if people like to carry on as though they own the Mona Lisa because it makes them feel important? Like when people grossly inflate the supposed value of something they own because it makes them feel good about themselves - and they don't realise how ridiculous they sound when they say that their ratty old trail bike "is worth $7k easy"...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

firko

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2010, 11:42:15 pm »
1:who the fu*k is Fred Marsh? ???
2:Who cares who bought the Kawasaki stuff? Good luck to him, it's nice to have this stuff in Oz but it ain't going to change my life. As far as 'security' goes....get real fellas. Those photos from the UK tell us diddly sqaut about anyones identity.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2010, 12:27:24 am »
1:who the fu*k is Fred Marsh? ???

Nobody. I made him up. Lives at 97 Wilcath St if you want to go and check his back shed, though.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

All Things 414

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2010, 06:46:10 am »
The "general concencus" is that this is all a crock of shit K..... ::)
I see the thread's been pulled on that Pommy site. :P
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 08:30:00 am by All Things 414 »

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 08:05:34 am »
I am amased this thread is 3 pages ???

mx250

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2010, 01:49:15 pm »