Author Topic: Can't we replicate this in Oz?  (Read 8930 times)

cheapracer

Re: Can't we replicate this in Oz?
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2011, 01:49:58 am »
I have to applaud the South East Queensland Councils and the State Government for taking a chance on something like this.

Geez it's a long way out (further than Smith Rd) and certainly a bonus for responsible riders but doesn't cure the problem of the ones who cause trouble anyway. I wonder how many non-bike Dads who would have taken Johnny to Stanmore/Wheelstanders with his 80 will go that distance...

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2011, 02:34:35 am »
Someone should send this photo to Brisbane City Council as an example of what is needed here, I know a few new sites have been talked about, like something to replace Fort Lytton in the Port Precinct and also a move of a venue currently being used by two clubs to another location. If they could allocate decent land and facilities for young kids, intermediate and expert modern MX as well as the growing VMX, Flattrack and sidecars it would be a venue and a asset to Brisbane.

Some place safe and organised for kids to learn and enjoy their bikes with Mom and Dad, a place that could hold Australian and possibly International events, a place we could all use and local clubs could benefit from the income produced. A place that was media friendly that would allow TV broadcast of events and advertising. I see money being poured into RSL Clubs after the floods so the locals who have lost their properties could go in and loose their shirts. I see money being spent on toll tunnels that we didn't want and don't use. But I see very little money being spent on our sport/sports, and for the life of me I can not understand why not?

Fort Lytton needs replacing its a shit track! no disrespect to the guy who runs it!!! he is doing an awesome job with fork all resources and land! but its a mini bike V's SX track and not much fun at all! 2nd gear all day long:(

give me rolling hills and wide open spaces anyday:)

but they need something. and better that
Cheers

Nada
Honda is the only way to roll!

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2011, 06:26:25 am »
it may look a long way i drove up there to have a look a few months ago took about 45 min to get there im in mt warren park near beenleigh.were i ride every weekend most people are travelling around half an hour to get there to ride illeagally most i speak to where i ride cant wait for it to open me likewise.but depends on pricing to how much people will go there.cheers gary

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2011, 06:49:51 am »
that track is not as nice as it looks,  i rode it around 8 years ago and its real hard work.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2011, 07:35:17 am »
The problem with Aus tracks is a very simple one. Most Aus clubs are run by mini bikes parents so they build tracks to suit. Most have no understanding of what a motorcross track really needs and they mostly listen to little Jonny hot shot racers opinion who thinks he is a SX god.
A case in point, a local track I used to race on is run this way, This track is were Josh Strang cut his early laps. After a huge revamp the club officials all feeling chuffed with themselves ask Josh who was home at the time to do a few laps and give his opinion after doing 10 or so laps he comes in and tells them the track is just ok for SX practice and has no were to pass. Needless to say the Club officials stop asking Josh and just went on their path regardless. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 07:40:06 am by Slakewell »
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2011, 08:57:38 am »
Most tracks are approved by a offical track inspector by a State Body of Motorcycling Australia and comply to so many meters wide,by so many jumps and corners.
All the track we have left are designed and have been at the same venue for over 50 years.
Having natural terrain tracks is the other option.
This is why us as vmx riders/people we have to have respect and nuture our farmers/property owners, if not then we are doomed.  :o
re:travelling to an event..example:dont people travel from the Blue Mountains on a train down to Syndey for WORK  :-\
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2011, 01:21:53 pm »
that track is not as nice as it looks,  i rode it around 8 years ago and its real hard work.

Dave, I thought I was the wimp  :D

Apart from Farleigh Castle, what other great tracks are there in UK and Europe that are twin-shock friendly?  Didn't you do an event in Belgium this year?

Offline chrisdespo

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2011, 11:27:57 am »
I love the look of that track, reminds me of the old wallan track. or the old bianco park track any of the good tracks of old where built in a valley or ampitheatre more come to mind like the melanisia track at hervey bay, conondale ect. you have to remember that SX was an invention of the USA and when it started i think it may have been indoors cause of the crapy snowy and frozen winters so you could race all year round may be i dont know. Then australia whent mad for SX (stadium cross) so you could have a spectical for entertainment you know a saturday night out tight tracks action aplenty. Then some dumb people build Quads and table tops into our great outdoor tracks and basicaly ruin them at the Hervey Bay MCC (not to be confused with the club there now) we even caved into pressure from some people and added quads, why i dont know . I guess it was just the done thing, in hindsight i wish that we just added an extra 1 Km to the already 2.5 K track that would have made it better as Moto's were 30 or 40 minutes plus one lap almost on the edge of a tank of fuel in those days now that would have made for better rideing. ;D
When in DOUBT GAS IT!!!

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2011, 12:21:17 pm »
You be lucky to burn 5 liters in a whole race day these days as the tracks are covered with so much BS. 
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline chrisdespo

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2011, 12:33:38 pm »
I know what your saying :'(
When in DOUBT GAS IT!!!

PB20

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2011, 07:10:48 pm »
I could get close to it on my farm. Those drop off are pretty cool.

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2011, 07:49:06 pm »
 ;D imagine having to wait for the pee wee's to do their 3 laps,  yawn  :o :o
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2011, 08:14:15 pm »
Pirie593, No I have never raced in Belguim, Mt Kembla would have been close, I have never had the privilage to fly out of Australia, only one can dream, the track on this thread in France would be brilliant, I love track like that, but  It lacks a long straight, to whine the bike out.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 08:17:18 pm by 33M »