Author Topic: Oh for goodness sakes  (Read 4122 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Oh for goodness sakes
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 07:47:39 pm »
The 250's this year and every other year were great, why mess with it ???

Next thing we'll have one standard bike and engine that all the different manufactures bolt their body work to, Nascar style....i can see it coming!

GP2 the replacement for 2 strokes is exactly that, engine is sealed 600cc Honda from HRC and chassis is open to all. So bikes will be on same tyres and engines but different chassis. This gives small builders a real shot and also gets some guys back from Super bikes. Grid is fully booked with and excess of entries.

The 2 stroke is as dead as mutton with 125s finishing as well.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 08:46:21 pm »
Well GP privateer luminary and RED BULL Yamaha team manager, Peter Clifford has different veiw to yours Marc and so has the FIM President. Peter gives an excellent synopsis of just how far down the gurglar Moto Crappy has gone, Moto2 and Moto whatever it is's going to be to follow very shortly after.
Pt 1

Pt 2
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 12:03:59 am »
Hey Lozza interesting read, but he doesn't pan the Moto2 rules as such, it is not prototype racing thats all, and like I said they are mobbed with builders so I think the first season will rock.

Dorna asked for TZs and is about to get them. Effectively it is a return to an era of production racers.

MotoGP will remain the premier class with thankfully a return to 1000cc rather than bloody 800s which everyone wanting to watch the fastest bike on earth had a psychological problem relating to 800s. Proper bikes are at least 1000cc.

i just see more of a progression now from junior ranks to production to superbikes to GP that had somehow slipped through the cracks. I have been to the HRC cup a few times, lots of rabid 10 year olds on NSF100s, 2 strokes are no longer built and are history. The Japanese have junior MotoGP series with hundreds of potential Vales who will have 6 years of racing 4 strokes under their belts by the time the ACU wakes up.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 07:47:26 am »
The Dennis Noyes articles point out the new dynamic, the MSMA(Japan Inc) no longer calls the shots, if the factories up and leave then then fine. With no more 'blue sky' engineering and big financial losses in Japan means the FIM and Dorna call the tune.
If the FIM/Dorna want 2T 125s to stay they will(highly likely because of the massive Euro 125 market and 125's have been dominated by Euro manufacturers), there hasn't been a decent 125 out of Japan since the Aprilia come along, the Moriwaki's MD250's raced here this year have been friggin slow, and if they are slow at National level imagine how slow they would be at International level. Show me a 4T 250 that has 55HP?
As many kids racing in Japan they is 10 times that racing in Spain and Italy on 25HP Metrakit 80's and 15HP 50cc minimoto's. Situation is the same as Karts, internationaly karts are not changing to 4T and probably never will, but every F1 driver will begin in karts.
Wouldn;t say this is a glowing endorsement................
MM: Have you been following the Moto2 developments?

PC: To a degree, yes.

MM: What do you think of the concept - apart from its sensitivity to political interference?

PC: Well it's not Grand Prix racing, is it?

MM: Because it's got a spec engine?

PC: Yes, exactly. It's a cup. You know, we've got the Rookies' Cup, and now the Moto2 Cup. What it is, if you have such a thing at a national level, it's fantastic, because it does allow people to go racing, build bikes. In many, many respects it's great, but it's not a Grand Prix class.

Dennis Noyes Pt 1
Pt 2
Pt 3
Jesus only loves two strokes