Author Topic: The Nats  (Read 128573 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: The Nats
« Reply #330 on: March 28, 2010, 10:19:54 PM »
I understand how you may draw that conclusion...tho the catch all...."ALL DISCIPLINES"...must surely cover CMX as well....the specific section covering CMX does not cover all aspects....only those that allow us lucky CMX riders access to special items (special fuels)...etc.....I too can see the safety aspect of the pads....but just would like to know either way...given the backflip at Conondale...

Only just saw this...

The rule demanding a cross-brace pad is in the Motocross and Supercross section, not in the All Disciplines bit.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 29, 2010, 01:39:15 AM »
I remember a time when Victoria was the hub of vintage MX, not that long ago but the strongest VMX community was for many years Victoria. I guess the shift has been to WA and QLD but no sense in Victorians complaining about numbers.

Min for sidecars is 6 pre 65 and 60 is also 6 on a trial basis to try and create interest in the class all else is 10.

The JBS is a well known and tested pre 65 bike Freaky. Its the guy on the seat that makes it go, you could put those Cavill guys on a TAS 80 and they would probably win.

I thought thats what i said Dave ?

Its " mr T"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 01:41:48 AM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

firko

« Reply #332 on: March 29, 2010, 05:07:33 AM »
The JBS is a well known and tested pre 65 bike Freaky. Its the guy on the seat that makes it go, you could put those Cavill guys on a TAS 80 and they would probably win.
The JBS is owned by Frank Veradi from WA. It's had more controversy thrown at it than just about any bike in our sport, even Verns Cheney.

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 30, 2010, 07:43:40 PM »
if you have back to back races with differant numbers to you get time to change jerssey and how long
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 30, 2010, 08:09:24 PM »
vmx247 what do you have to do with the running of the nats
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 30, 2010, 09:03:00 PM »
My 2009 Manual of Motorcycle Sport  Page 157 18.4.1.2 d) Pre-1970 says the letter H. Has it been changed for 2010. Spewing if it has cos I've just hand made some H's and stuck 'em on! Jerry

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 30, 2010, 09:06:43 PM »
It's all right I just re-read VMX's post. No drama after all! Jerry

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 31, 2010, 12:04:43 AM »
if you have back to back races with differant numbers to you get time to change jerssey and how long

If you make yourself and your situation known to the Clerk of the Course before competition begins, he will make the necessary time available to you.
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 01, 2010, 11:07:11 PM »
Can someone tell me when the nationals were held at connondale?, from what I can remember they were just held back in aug or Sept??, so this means that the current title holders only held their titles for 7-8 months... ??? ???

Seems like a typical move MA holding their "Beautiful Bonza Dirt Bike Bonanza"  (Not Bullshit) and the nationals within a week at Broadford.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 07:33:22 PM by E74 »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 02, 2010, 09:29:34 AM »
There's not a fixed date for the Nats.
In theory, the 2011 Nats could be held on the 31st of December, and the 2012 Nats on the 1st of January and it would bo OK.

The other way to look at it, is that the 2008 Nats in Tassie were in early June, so the 2008 title holders had their titles for more than 12 months.

Whatever else you think of MA, I think its grasping at straws to claim that they're trying to undermine the 2009 title holders.

Similarly, I don't think that they're trying to "undermine" Classic Dirt - although they're clearly 'sharing' the basic concept, there's zero evidence that MA/BBB is trying to bury CD. I mean, if that was the motivation, then there's a ton of far more agressive things that MA could have done (closer date, make it cheaper/easier than CD, more dirt-only focus, etc).

I'd argue that having BBB and the Nationals within a week of each other (in April) actually offers CD7 some security. It is entirely possible that either BBB or the Nationals could have been held on/nearer to the June long weekend, which would have had far more of an impact on CD.

Don't get me wrong: I have questions about some of the things MA has done (and particularly the process they used to arrive at those decisions), but luke-warm conspiracy theories only serve to distract from the real concerns.

(Sorry for the rant, I've just been watching the conspiracy theories gain momentum and I am afraid that we'll all have to start wearing tin-foil hats before CD7).
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 02, 2010, 09:32:57 AM »
You playing good cop, bad cop thier Nathan? ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

All Things 414

« Reply #341 on: April 02, 2010, 09:39:01 AM »
"bullshit bonanza"
It's ours and we're quite happy with it thanks. :D
Saves us a 2000 KM trip ever year for CD.......

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 02, 2010, 09:55:34 AM »
Sorry, I just can't help but Hate MA, they are god awfull at promoting anything themselves however are very good at moving in on events/diciplines that have performed and grown much better than what they have been able to do.

Another thing I have witnessed first hand of late, is the treatment of contempt they show riders that become permenantly injured or disabled whilst riding, from what I have seen I would never pull out onto a track without independent personal injury insurance.

I do like Nathan however, when are you coming up for a drink??
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 07:30:12 PM by E74 »

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 02, 2010, 10:04:15 AM »
You Mexican's still have that 300km radius travel phobia dont ya?. I mean you cant even support the nat's at the same track a week later. Anyway, it's your loss.....CD at Conodale IS the BEST vintage dirtbike weekend in the WORLD!!!!.... just ask anyone who's been, people come from ALL over the world..... except Victoria..... must be that inferiority complex you's have!!. I apologise too the FEW good Mexican's out there, Geoff, I'm still good for that airbox I hope? ;D, anyway hope everyone has a good, safe Easter. Cheers bigears!
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

All Things 414

« Reply #344 on: April 02, 2010, 10:08:59 AM »
You Mexican's still have that 300km radius travel phobia dont ya?.

It's because we've got it all here...... ;)