Author Topic: The Nats  (Read 128120 times)

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The Nats
« Reply #360 on: April 02, 2010, 03:06:45 PM »
If somebody is that small-minded and protested you for that, I'd be ripping open the MoMS to All Disciplines 12.6.4.1 (pg 94) and making sure their own numbers were Arial Rounded MT Bold font. But surely there's no need for that sort of carry-on at vmx.... ::)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 02, 2010, 03:28:58 PM »
Howdy boys, it's Easter, so how about you put the Snappy Tom back in the fridge, trim the claws & have a coldie ;D  ;D

This came via our Clubs website, hope you can help. I'm glad to see we arent the only club who struggle to get people to do Cnr Duty  ::)

Australian Classic MX Titles - Broadford

We are urgently looking for a few flaggies to help out with this event.

Fri, Sat and Sun.  9th, 10, 11th April.

So if you are looking for an exciting day or two of racing, your assistance will be greatly appreciated
and they will really look after you.

For more info please call Sue on 0408488353    0393723388

Mrs Maico #54

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 03:32:46 PM by 2 shocks »

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 02, 2010, 04:32:23 PM »
WOoooooHooo, man you Victorians sure bite hard,  :-* :-* :-*,

Time to lighten up and have a VB, I didn't really mean it... ;D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:37:10 PM by E74 »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 02, 2010, 04:33:43 PM »
Calling Mr T.... (tanner) guru of scruit & knower of the dark arts (protesting).. I went out & Decal Works myself up a set of back grounds & jee they look good but I bunged my letter on the RHS of the number instead of the left. Accidentally thumbing my nose @ sub-section 18.4.1.1b) of the hallowed GCR's, which my bro waved under my nose when I proudly showed the ones I'd brewed up 4 him...
Now Mr T i dunno if you'll be official dutying at the titles but my 1st question is "Will it be passed by the scruits?"..... then, if my DIABOLICAL plan of class domination comes together & I prevale... Can it be protested??? Would something like this be upheld or held in contempt.. or both??? I beseech thee

While I can't say they there couldn't possibly be a drama, I reckon you'd be damn unlucky for it to even raise an eyebrow. Plenty of bikes have competed in previous years with the letter above/below/to the RHS of the main number, so it would surprise me if it became a drama this year...

And I'm not familiar with the finer points of MA's protest procedure, but I think that it would be very hard for a competitor to protest you over an administration issue? I mean, if its a 125 that's actually 150cc, or 12" of travel in pre-78, then those sorts of things clearly give a performance improvement and are asking to be protested. But when its a rule that relates entirely to the event admin, I can't think how an competitor could protest you - esp as the protest would only come after the scrutes etc have passed it.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 02, 2010, 11:44:29 PM »
up dates on prestonmcc website

Best is in the West !!

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 03, 2010, 06:02:57 AM »
so when do we find out if our class is championship or not ,on the day.what about rase numbers,on the day.
this is the nats not a club meeting come on victoria .
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Devilman

« Reply #366 on: April 03, 2010, 09:01:35 PM »
Thanks NatS but bro...... if people can get a protest upheld to SNEAK up the podium..... some of them will for sure & I've only been on the Nationals circuit 4 years..... I've never been protested personally but my mate the 'CHEATER' says it $ux a$$.... 

« Reply #367 on: April 04, 2010, 07:50:23 AM »
Thanks NatS but bro...... if people can get a protest upheld to SNEAK up the podium..... some of them will for sure & I've only been on the Nationals circuit 4 years..... I've never been protested personally but my mate the 'CHEATER' says it $ux a$$.... 

Protests are for eligibility, not if your spokes are loose or if your you don't have a bar end plugs OR the letter is in the wrong place. Eligibility is for example, you have a '78 model front end on a pre '78 bike, or a '78 swing arm on a pre '78 bike or even a thinly veiled '78 model bike made to look like a '77 as was the case at Conondale. 
Also be aware to all that eligibility issues are going to be looked at and picked on at scrutineering instead of only if someone protests.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:12:05 AM by 090 »

DR

« Reply #368 on: April 04, 2010, 08:09:15 AM »
 :D mmm, 'some'  '78 swingarms are perfectly legal regardless of how many people try to crucify you for even contemplating the notion ::) All I can say, if you have the proof of legality onhand to back your choice of parts then there is no contest ;)

« Reply #369 on: April 04, 2010, 09:11:18 AM »
Also be aware to all that eligibility issues are going to be looked at and picked on at scrutineering instead of only if someone protests.
This of course will be done by the eligibility scrutineer.

:D mmm, 'some'  '78 swingarms are perfectly legal regardless of how many people try to crucify you for even contemplating the notion ::) All I can say, if you have the proof of legality onhand to back your choice of parts then there is no contest ;)

Dodgey just got a copy of the rm A and B parts book that has the optional alloy (c) swingarm in it. I don't know if the fact that the book is a repo makes any difference opposed to an original. Too bad you can't see the brake arm mounting points.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 04, 2010, 09:15:55 AM »
All I can say, if you have the proof of legality onhand to back your choice of parts then there is no contest ;)

and if you don't have proof ? Anyone got a picture of a KennyRoberts alloy swingarm for a YZ400?

TM BILL

« Reply #371 on: April 04, 2010, 12:08:53 PM »
If you aint got proof dont test the system at the Nats  ;)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 04, 2010, 02:47:21 PM »
If you aint got proof dont test the system at the Nats  ;)

yer I figure it not worth it

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 05, 2010, 04:07:40 PM »
Persistant rumour on the weekend was that the Nationals would run the track anti-clockwise (rather than clockwise as at HBBB).

Anyone know anything about this?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 05, 2010, 04:30:12 PM »
The Track was run in reverse direction for HBBB and is being advertised as running that way for the Nats . And was a big improvement on last years HBBB with the jumps smoothed out and no uphill doubles .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436