Author Topic: 2012 Classic MX Championships  (Read 127362 times)

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Classic MX Championships
« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2012, 05:44:53 PM »
Thanks Col for clearing that up, when l thought of it yesterday l couldn't find you, you must have been on the track, and your right lm not riding anyway, just thinking out loud. SORRY.   If this rain lets me get back to work l will probably be doing the Fink that weekend. (Hopefully)
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2012, 05:50:13 PM »
You shopping trolley people are nutters....dont know why you will turn up....Vwalter will kick your arses. ;D
Vwally needs a passenger,and I reckon you're the man Davey.
 :D :D :D :D :D
I've PMd him your number.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2012, 12:11:32 AM »
Walter, there'll be no pre85 legal or illegal sidecars.Thats just Vaughan having a stir

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2012, 08:40:50 AM »
I can see it now-Wally will be the official scrutineer for sidecars and that will leave just one on the start line-with no passenger :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
No wonder ASA puts on the only Sidecar titles worth going to.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2012, 12:27:31 PM »
The CB 2011 Aussie titles were worth going to and enought outfits to make a titles.  pity some people are too piss weak to leave there lounge rooms.

If its in your own state and you have a class bike you should have no excuse but to support it.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2012, 12:35:35 PM »
What I find really silly is the "in-fighting" between groups of people who have the same interest at heart... " one group " puts on a better national champs than the other..!! what a load.... The Crystal Brook event is the best (solo and chair) nats that I have been to for about 15 years....get over your petty differences and embrace the fact that we all like to ride.... would make the events even better...and also forums like this less unsavoury..

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2012, 01:30:36 PM »
my dear watto
its not infighting mate its just a gee up i wish we could get 50 pre 75 sidecars up here and i would be the first to pay my money to see it ,but we are coming from a sidecar point of view theres nothing better than seeing 15/20 sidecars in a race than 2 or 3 i know its a title and some people take it really serious but i ride a wasp outfit and would not have a clue on pre this and pre that i just want to go out and have fun.the amount of people that i speak to and tell them that i race sidecars can/t belive its possible or say they used to watch them when they were younger. all we are saying is to move our sport forward [sidecars ] we need numbers . ihope the nats are a great success and i will be there riding, watching or working. it does say on the first blog on here pre 85 sidecar support thats all we wanted..

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2012, 01:36:47 PM »
thanks Watto.
What i would like to say is we like to race.
When we can afford to we drive half way across Aus to do just that. When times are tougher, we stay home and race there.
We are very fortunate that Supersenior has put up his hand and we are having a great event back in Qld.
Being way past our best, we still like to put our bikes out there for others to see and admire and perhaps show them off to folk that haven't seen them for a while-if ever.
Sidecars have been part of the scrambles/motocross circus for ever-right back to the 40's and probably even before that.
We don't have a large fraternity of sidecar guys up here but we are growing at a fantastic rate from 3 in '09 to maybe 15 or 16 this year. All of these outfits are barn finds or rebuilds or a couple of new homebuilds and we are more inclined towards pre85 than the earlier class which are more prevailant in SA and WA and when the MA manual says frames are free but wheel travel and little else needs to be changed we get excited---because we get to race.
Then we are told that we must change things to the 'letter of the law', we consider it more important to get the guys out there on the track in numbers than to fiddle about over whether a brake master is round or square-3 old outfits raoming around a paddock are not quite the spectacle of 15 or 20 big twins throwing up some dust and clods.
THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO SEE. Even you solo boys sittin' in the pits. I'll bet any money that if we had 20 big twins out on the track the fence would be packed!!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2012, 01:04:28 PM »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2012, 07:34:45 PM »
Entry forms can be downloaded from the MA website. We can post you a form. You can enter on line through "nominate.com.au"

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2012, 05:17:44 PM »
Entries now available through www.nominate.com.au

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2012, 10:44:33 AM »
Got our first entry through Nominate, so it's up and running.
If you are entering a Pre75 age race but don't intend to do the "open" please signify on your entry, as we think the Pre75 Open classes will fill quickly. If you enter an Open class but dont start it may block out someone who does want to do it.

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2012, 07:02:33 PM »
PM sent col
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Simo63

« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2012, 07:35:32 PM »
Just did my entry via nominate.com and it's a very simple process  :) 

I know it's all a bit new but how long before you receive it Col?  And when do I receive confirmation my entry has been accepted?

Also I'm waiting for my license to arrive (should be here tomorrow or Monday as I received and email from MQ today saying it's been sent), is it okay to advise of license number and expiry date when I get that?

Cheers
Craig
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 07:45:44 PM by Simo63 »

oldfart

« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2012, 08:35:40 PM »
Entries-  submitted online today
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 05:11:40 PM by oldfart »