Author Topic: The Nats  (Read 128560 times)

oldfart

Re: The Nats
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2010, 01:43:08 PM »
  Alison,  That's Dons bike of  Coffs Harbour, It's been around the traps for a while.

211kawasaki

« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2010, 02:39:23 PM »
Who is going to run the Nats in 2011?

Any takers? I dont agree with the no capacity age class nore the support races (myself)  but its the promoting clubs choice to promote the meeting within the footprint that is the GCRs as the case with the Nats 2010.

The way to make sure you get what you want is to run it next year and I suggest that you get in the submission quickly as the decision time is in May.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2010, 02:50:13 PM »
here here and may the promoting club be a strong advocate & visionary of preserving Classic Motox 8)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2010, 03:30:03 PM »
Hi
you are right, looking to the future, Evo, pre 85, and pre 90 all have to be catered for at the National level , and maybe even age groups somewhere as well , so the competitors of these classes should trying to determine their own destiny now , before the powers to be tell how "they" want to have it run .
All of these classes are able to run on any MX track , anywhere, so the hard parts are already done .   

211kawasaki

« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2010, 05:13:12 PM »
The opportunity to run the Nationals is there, the question is who is up to it.

The proposal that puts forward a split say (for example) runs pre78 and all age classes as one event and EVO, Pre 85 as a stand alone with modern support or pre 90 support - whatever -  is there . What it takes is a club or clubs with some forward thinking inderviduals to put up the concept of their choice. I know MA is all ears for anything that promotes the sport, looks outside the box, is inovative that creates interest and keeps alive what we do; its just a matter of doing it.

It may be that another Conondale is run that incorperates all aspects of the competition in a single event - Conondale proved last year that with slick organisation it is more than possible to run the event.

Michael is right, its up to the stake holders (riders) to set the course of the sport.

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2010, 11:36:12 PM »
i also dont agree with the no capacity age group
they have obviously studied the gcr,s
and decided to cut them to make room for other classes
and make it a allpowers
what next ???
follow me to first turn

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2010, 11:43:29 PM »
What also annoys me about the Nats is the fact that it will be held a week after the Broadford Bonanza where a rather large amount of people will visit, now I know MA has promotion's people so you would think the best way to showcase our sport (VMX) would be to do it in front of a large crowd of people to gain maximum exsposure, obviously we dont rate so we get punted to the next weekend where the majority of people there will be the competitors, familly and friends and of course MA ect get their grubby little hands on some more payola!....Bastard's.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2010, 02:41:13 AM »
Reference my post 113--some stats from Conondale which may illustrate the age/capacity issue.
Pre 75 263+ age races had a combined total of pointscoring riders 42. Only 20 scored in 263+ open
    "     250    "      "              "               "                "              42    "    26     "        250      "   
    "     125    "      "              "               "                "              29    "    25     "        125      "

CONCLUSION   Of the 113 riders scoring in the age races ,only 71 did so in the open.the rest [apprrox 40%] either didn't enter or were eliminated.This is a clear illustration of the popularity of the age catagories.

Of the 42 age riders in the 263+ class ,6 rode all three capacity classes.[if only age races are "all powers"-a loss of 12 entries]
 "         "           "              "         "  ,13  "          two     "            "           "                                "         "        13    "
 "        30          "            250 class that did not ride in 263+ ,6 also rode 125.[ "       "                    "         "         6
                                                                                                                                                    Total 31    "
CONCLUSION Based on Conondale ,31 entries are lost when age classes are reduced to just "all powers"

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2010, 01:38:52 PM »
OK.. forums are good ..ya can bitch heeps...
So we have 18.2.2.1   which can be twisted and screwed around to suit when needed.

Then you have a club that asks for ".................." in line with the GCR's and  POW ,,,,,,,,no you cant do that------quick change the rules for next years GCR's !
This is so controversial/hypocritical its off the wall.

whats good for the goose is good for the gander (not)

ah I feel better now  ;D
Best is in the West !!

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 03, 2010, 11:35:07 AM »
Just wanted to make a comment about the proposed race format for the Nats.....I see the U 30 yo are on early in the day..race 4 and the "real" old guys are race 14...how about the oldies get moved up to the early slot whilst the track is relatively smooth..let the younguns loose later...also....pre 75 250 and 263 ond over are only one race apart...."most" (I think) guys who race pre 75 have a 250 and an open bike ..once again there is only one race between.....shove in a pre 85 or evo in the middle to give some of us a little bit more rest in between races...Come on PD.... ;)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 03, 2010, 12:28:44 PM »
Here's and idea- divide the nats up into twin shock and evo.
It appears to me that the evo bikes are much harder on the track and make it very hard on the older bikes.
That would also open up the oppurtunity for the later lightweight sidecars to come back and race with the evos. There must be lots of those sitting in sheds around the country. 

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 03, 2010, 12:43:32 PM »
Hi'
One more time 
Heres an idea , divide the Nats into;"Modern Vintage"  Evo, Pre 85 , Pre 90 , and Pre 95, (think ahead), to be run at a different time and place than the "Classic Vintage" ie; Pre 60,65,70,75 and pre 78,(we'll toss a coin to see who gets the sidecars) then we can make the tracks to suit both groups and all the riders', then we will have plenty of time to run the age group races just as Vintage MX has done in the past.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 03, 2010, 12:59:43 PM »
This has been said a thousand times, but everyone just stares at their feet for a bit, until the subject changes to something else.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 03, 2010, 01:19:33 PM »
Hi
Yes you are right , but in the not too distant future a change will be made, and  those same people will still be bitching , start making plans to change the way YOU would like it to be,before its too late.
Some people make it happen
Some people watch it happen ,
The other people wonder what the hell happened

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2010, 02:36:09 PM »
Here's and idea- divide the nats up into twin shock and evo.
for a first time Nats competitor at conondale 09, riding both pre~75 and pre~70,
i never had an issue with the conondale track at all.
one small pothole {that i could ride around anyway} was all that bothered me over the 3 days of track time.
National events of the moto~x nature have for "years" been renown for getting chopped up.
ride around it, or over it, or just straight through the problem.
same track for everyone.
but having said all that,
i can understand the older guys needing things a bit smoother.
perhaps let them do all thier racing earlier in the program before things rut up too much.
"flat bickie"