Author Topic: Lest we Forget.  (Read 29387 times)

mx250

Lest we Forget.
« on: April 24, 2009, 08:10:46 PM »

Lets pause and remember that the pleasure of our youth and our VMX'ing was made possible by men and women who bought our freedom by paying the ultimate price. And then go out and celerbrat our freedom with a mono and a beer - I'm sure it will put a smile on their faces.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Re: Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 08:39:04 PM »
Tough blokes back then. they sacrificed lots for our freedom. many of them 18 years old too

Very hard to imagine the youth of today (the all about me generation) stepping up for their country today, sad fact isn't it.  :(
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 08:47:49 PM »
we just had an agressive attack here at work, AKs, shotguns and hand grenades - I shit myself I can tell you - these guys truly earned the title heroes because of what they did/went through - I learnt the other night I couldn't do it - and my hats off to the guys/girls in Iraq/Afghanistan etc as we speak!

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

gnomester

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 08:50:51 PM »
A day of Remembrance for all Australian men and women in all conflicts who gave the ultimate sacrifice.... Lest we Forget

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 09:04:04 PM »
Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC)
Rest In Peace
Our heart felt Thanks to all- for our freedom.

Best is in the West !!

Quicksilver

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 09:13:59 PM »

Very hard to imagine the youth of today (the all about me generation) stepping up for their country today, sad fact isn't it.  :(

Not completely so Hoony. My boy stepped up for 8 month war zone duty in middel east. Yes stepped up. He had a choice.

Lets also remember those on active duty as well.

Many many thanks for a hugh dept we owe the ANZAC's.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 09:17:26 PM by Quicksilver »

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 09:17:12 PM »
Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC)
Rest In Peace
Our heart felt Thanks to all- for our freedom.

Agree, and thanks.

"Lest we Forget"
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

mx250

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 09:30:02 PM »
I guess it would have been a dark clould if there wasn't some sort of silver lining.

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 09:41:48 PM »
    Thank you.
  Lest we forget.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 07:18:33 AM »
we just had an agressive attack here at work, AKs, shotguns and hand grenades...

Rossco

Where are you Rossco?
I only had to put up with two female paint sniffers fighting in the toilet corridor - and another complaint about our Trolley boys.
I don't think mine rates!

And I reckon our Diggers would rather be back here dealing with my trivial sh1t than sitting behind sandbags over there.
Let's hope they all come back in one piece and ASAP.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

mx250

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 10:22:18 AM »
We have suffered through Anzac Day and survived once more. We have heard every man and his dog bandy on about Mateship. I don't know if everyone, and especially recent immigrants, fully appreciate it's meaning. I thought I would post the following, scanned from the same wartime magazine, which I think shows true Mateship; not 'share a beer' friendship but blind faith, trust, 'never let your mate down' loyalty in the face of adversity and danger. Mateship lead to teamwork which lead to some of the best light infantry the World has seen, then and now.

I think this series of photos is pretty unique and captures Mateship and the spirit of the Anzac's exceptionally well.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 02:43:41 PM »
hell yeah lets remember, don't accept our personal freedom and what makes our country great being given away.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 04:14:03 PM »
Not completely so Hoony. My boy stepped up for 8 month war zone duty in middel east. Yes stepped up. He had a choice.

Lets also remember those on active duty as well.

Many many thanks for a hugh dept we owe the ANZAC's.

You must be very proud Quicky, hope he has a safe tour.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Quicksilver

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 06:58:33 AM »
Yes Hoony we are very proud. His tour over and now safely back in Oz. Last week end he did guard duty at our local memorial waring the metals he earned and his active service badge. Unfortunately for us its looking very likely he might get the call again. Dunno how we will handle the stress of it a second time. :(

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 10:40:58 AM »
We lost 3 aircrew in a crash heading to the dawn service in Wellington today, makes the day even more sombre around here
Rest in peace guys
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 06:51:15 PM by tony27 »