Author Topic: Fire danger  (Read 18018 times)

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Fire danger
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2009, 04:46:21 PM »
Re-CLARKE family and Bendigo fires, the Clarke residence was not affected by the fires, as the crow flies however the fire was only about 1-2 kms from their place. The boys houses were also safe, with Noels house being the only one in the immediate fire area. Like all the other fires at the weekend they did not behave like a "normal" fire would, and changed direction several times, coming within metres of the local KTM and Suzuki dealership. Bendigo was fortunate (if you can call it that..)in a sense that  just 57 houses were lost and one person deceased, as bad as that is it pales into insignificance compared to Marysville and Kinglake. Had the wind not changed the center of Bendigo was under a very real threat. A scene of devastation in the Long Gully area, so many houses and sheds destroyed, many cars and bikes just melted blobs of alloy. One thing that really pissed me off was the rubbernecks who were just trying to get in and look at other peoples misfortune, even while the fire was still coming through like a freight train people were trying to drive in and take photos on their phones and generally getting in the road of emergency services vehicles.
1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

Macca#35

« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2009, 06:18:21 PM »
Still trying to get hold of Ray Stevens and the Dodd family (viper members), the mobile network is still down in the area. If anyone knows of there where abouts if they could please let every one know via this post. Our thoughts are with them.
Lets hope they are safe
Macca

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2009, 06:35:05 PM »
Fingers crosse Macca, if u know there address, one of my mates from king lake is in there and i spoke to him this morning. He grew up in there his whole life and knows the place backwards. He may know the condition of his street. The main town ship has copped it the worst, but there is still houses on the out skirts that weren't affected. Hopefull one being Rays and Grants houses..
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2009, 06:37:16 PM »
Interesting what you say about the rubber necking. In my job we see it ALL the time and it pisses you off every time.

It never ceases to amaze me ??? how

1) Someone would take the trouble to go to an affected area way out of their way.

2) That their only excuse offered is "to have a look" - forkin weirdos !!!

3) Try to capture the event on film. Worse they sometimes try and sell the images (the word vultures comes to mind)

4) Don't give a shit who they get in the way of (hope they are on the receiving end some day!!!)

5) Strain their necks to get a glimpse of a body as we cut it free from a vehicle etc - now that is SICK !!!

The should be a law against them all - weirdos with shitty pitiful lives I guess ?

Dave Mac >:(
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) vapourblasting@yahoo.com.au

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2009, 08:07:29 PM »
i hope they catch the person/people responsible and name and shame them. Plaster their face all on the news and send them to that military prison in Cuba? see how they like that!, but only after they have been taken to the hospitals to see what they have done. There is not justification for what they have done. They better not try and get out if by saying they were abused as a kid or are mentally ill and not thinking straight at the time and didnt know what they were doing. And today in SA we have another purposely lit fire in a forest >:(
i couldnt bare to think how painful severe burns are like other than that i have burnt my hands from hot objects/welding/fallen in camp fire etc and that is bloody damn painful, probably the worst pain i have had, so the trauma these burns victims are going though in hospital would be unbareable.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 10:46:22 PM by LWC3077 »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2009, 09:09:46 PM »

Just managed to get thru to Grant Dodd Snr briefly, before the reception dropped out & all is ok with his family & with Ray Stevens family also. Grant tells me they spent 4hrs trying to save Ray & Kellies home, the house has been spared minus a few sheds, Grants place has also been spared, but the sad part is, there are places all around them, which did not fair as well. They all hope they never have to experience such a horrific situation again in their lifetime. We can all be very thankful that all is well, to a degree.

Mrs Maico #54

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2009, 10:09:19 PM »
 Looking for any news on another missing mate Resident of Kinglake central  Mr Tony M. Active in post classic and period 5 road race sidecars in the nineties. Many friends looking out for you mate lets hear some good news, sadly we do know your home and property are ashes . Tim754

Now    Listed as missing pending search of ruins. presumed deceased
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2009, 11:00:32 PM »
Thats great news about the Dodds and Ray Stevens and there familys ,i caught a glimpse of young Grant last night in the background of a news clip and have searched all day to reconfirm it and hadnt been able to find it .Thanks Dawn .Sorry to hear about your mates Tim .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2009, 11:26:18 PM »
If this area is as old (little hamlet places) as I read to believe.
I feel very sad for the older community members ,that will be sent to Aged Care facilities/homes away from there districts and never get to go back and visit or rebuild like the younger people.
The on going affects will be prolonged and massive to the whole of the Australian people.

and some one light it,,,,,,,,totally evil.

Best is in the West !!

Macca#35

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2009, 07:24:16 AM »
Thanks Dawn, Thats really made my day, I know we have had some good news of people making it, but when its someone you know it makes it feel good. On Saturday I was deployed to longwarry and warrigal area's. Unfortunately I saw first hand what people where going through. You just wish you could have saved more houses and helped more people.
Macca 

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2009, 11:40:15 AM »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2009, 02:33:14 PM »
Just received the following email,

Hello all,

Fun4Paws is currently offering emergency respite care to the animals affected by the bush fires, however there are many more animals than we have carers.

There are large numbers of owners with nowhere to place their dogs. If you are able to offer a place to a dog in your home, please contact myself of Lynne Fitzsimmons and we will coordinate.

Luke - 0415 104 044 contact@fun4paws.com.au    Lynne - 0428 844 810 or
lynne@fun4paws.com.au

If you are interested please let us know when your home would be available (dates) and if you have any other pets for us to consider when placing.

Dog Listeners Australia wide have pledged $1000.00 the assist in the costs of food, petrol etc. so we hope that all costs of looking after a dog will be covered.

Please assist us by forwarding this email on to all of your contacts so that together we can help the hundreds of dogs in need of temporary homes.

Luke Williams
Proprietor - Fun4Paws

0415 104 044

contact@fun4paws.com.au
www.fun4paws.com.au

Devilman

« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2009, 06:59:16 PM »
hey 2 shocks do we know if Ray & Grant have lost their viper rides in the blaze???

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2009, 08:42:59 PM »

The money coming in for these Vic fire people is over the moon ,this picture is now world wide and for sale at $20 .....they will be rebuilding these little towns. ;D
Best is in the West !!