Author Topic: falta 250 timing  (Read 3247 times)

Offline Kiwi

• Novice
    • View Profile
falta 250 timing
« on: December 12, 2019, 03:06:09 PM »
gee old bikes are fun,just finished swaping the 250 motor into the 125 falta with new vape internal rotor ignition,not many specs for the falta i know older czs are 2.8 to 3.btdc i set it at 2.9 it backfired and broke the kick starter knuckle luckily not my foot.the ignition came with very little imformation,nothing about timing.the donor motor which had points had 2.8 painted on the ing cover.ANY IDEAS.Anyone got a kickstarter for sale or swap i have quite a few extra parts.thanks for any help Kiwi.

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: falta 250 timing
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 10:15:04 AM »
Hi, I fitted a new Vape (external rotor) to my 360 sidepipe , timed as per CZ specs , and also did the "Fuk Fuk Fuk" dance around the workshop, eight weeks later,reset the ignition , retarded the timing  0.4mm, now at 3.0mmBTDC, and now its great  . cheers

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: falta 250 timing
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 04:45:15 PM »
Haven't seen the internal rotor ignition on Vape's site but the instructions for the external rotor says to line the short mark on the stator up with the line on the rotor at the normal firing point or to start at 2mm BTDC & work from there
Going off Bamford69's experience I'd set the timing at 2.5mm
Gerard Copping at CZStuff told me he finds that with modern petrol that the bikes get better overall performance with the timing set slightly closer to TDC. His numbers for 360/380s are 3.3 - 3.5mm depending on single or twin plug ignition