Author Topic: Dont leave a fire unattended  (Read 1933 times)

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Dont leave a fire unattended
« on: August 23, 2008, 08:48:01 PM »
spent the afternoon digging some old frames and bikes out of the blackberries and long grass because they were dissappearing into the wilderness.
then had the bright idea to have a fire to clean up the mess.It all went well so I headed inside to have a beer and some food.
one of my sons came home and said there was a fire in the paddock so I told him I was just out there.

then the second boy arrived home and said there was a huge fire threatening to set the trees on fire and sure enough it had crept along to the stack of old car and bike tyres and was raging.

I rushed down and the seats on two bikes had just ignited from the radiant heat,problem was all the bikes were leaning on each other and could only be pulled out from the fire side :o
there was only one option and that was to sacrifice the TS185 that was closest to the flames and pull the other ones free.
here is a pic of the sacrificial offering,my apoligies to Doc and the other suzifiles

it was a very poor rusted 74 model but I was sure it could have offered some bits and peices

another day,another lesson learnt :-[

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Dont leave a fire unattended
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 08:56:26 PM »
Fark you should've given the food a miss aye, :o

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 10:12:08 PM »
 :'(  sniff

prolly still start first kick being a TS185 ;)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 12:02:00 AM »
Yes it is so bloody shitty losing bikes and parts in a fire, Lost 11 complete and 6 parts bikes plus a shitload of spares myself. Tony T has had the crap happen too. Dont bother thinking your home insurance will cover the bikes or parts.... But it does cover the ride on mower and your expensive chainsaw that got fried plus various tools the fences and shed .... ;) OK.... ;)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

oldfart

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 08:51:04 AM »
Suppose it's one way of relieving the stress facture in the frame  :o  sniff- sniff sniffle
All my bike are insured  ;)

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 12:51:57 PM »
Suppose it's one way of relieving the stress facture in the frame  :o  sniff- sniff sniffle
All my bike are insured  ;)
   shit   wally.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 06:46:15 PM »
the poor old suzuki and lawnmower have seen better days,also two XL175 front wheels but at least I saved the other relics which are not worth much but may come in handy ;)

my wife seems to think that it would have been better to let them all burn :o

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 06:48:20 PM »
shovel it all into a drum and then they can organized a race for the ASHES