Author Topic: One bike in Pre75/78  (Read 27449 times)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: One bike in Pre75/78
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2016, 01:31:19 pm »
Possibly I am way off?
But I think Heaven may have adopted this approach
Because, when making up the program based on PRE-ENTRY numbers,
 If one class has low entry numbers on the day?
It may indeed be run with another of low entry numbers (two birds with one stone)
Scored at end according to race number prefix?
The next race already waiting on the grid to jump as soon as the track is clear.

It is amazing how much they fit in, in an organised non-confusing manner.

And as Nathan has said
HEAVEN runs three capacity classes for each era, plus an unlimited (all in) class.
So everyone gets at least two rides on each bike.

Plus most events have racing on Saturday (either trophy racing or the GP Series), so even the person who only has one bike can get plenty of ride & racing in.

It all works well, and complaints are very few and far between.

Plenty of Extra opportunity for rides
Heaven also run,,,

Classic GP – 15 Min + 1 Lap
AND
Post Classic GP – 15 Min + 1 Lap
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 01:34:27 pm by Mick D »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline mboddy

• A-Grade
  • Canberra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2016, 01:31:51 pm »
... riding a Pre-78 bike in both Pre-78 and Evo, ...

Pre-78 is a period class. A bike is only eligible for one Period This I was told by the Commissioner who was The Eligibility Scrutineer at the Nationals.
Evo is not a period class. It is for any bike or components from Classic or Post Classic Era that comply.

Therefore no problem with a bike being eligible for Pre-78 and Evo. Or for Pre-75 and Evo. Or for Pre-85 and Evo. Etc.
Vinduro Penrite Team
1980 Yamaha IT125G, 1979 Yamaha IT175F, 1984 Yamaha IT200L, 1977 Yamaha IT250D and IT400D

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2016, 01:35:08 pm »
... riding a Pre-78 bike in both Pre-78 and Evo, ...

Pre-78 is a period class. A bike is only eligible for one Period This I was told by the Commissioner who was The Eligibility Scrutineer at the Nationals.
Evo is not a period class. It is for any bike or components from Classic or Post Classic Era that comply.

Therefore no problem with a bike being eligible for Pre-78 and Evo. Or for Pre-75 and Evo. Or for Pre-85 and Evo. Etc.

I have always wondered why that was?

Great explanation, thanks.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2016, 02:52:07 pm »
It seems there's a bit of confusion with a few posts advocating/defending Heaven's stance on the one bike/one era thing while questioning the same at a national title? Heaven's constitution was/is not in question here, that's their own business & unless I'm mistaken Momus was & is referring to the upcoming classic nationals, perhaps he should clarify.
K
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 03:08:39 pm by bigk »

Offline Momus

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2016, 04:01:42 pm »
As Big K suggests I'm referring to the Classic Nationals but the bike in question is not my old Elsinore. The BMCC have added a Pre 78 4 Stroke all powers support and as well there is Pre 75 Solo 4 stroke All Powers.  I have entered a K1 XR75- built from a frame Mick sold me from his pile- that could do both these classes.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 04:43:17 pm by Momus »
If you love it, lube it.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2016, 04:50:42 pm »
OK, I was wrong then,,

Not even a phychic could have pulled that one out of a crystal ball ;D

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2016, 04:53:43 pm »
Send someone from BMCC an email & ask. Being a support class it may well be ok. I guess the other issue you may have in both classes is a mini in amongst full size bikes? Is that ok regardless of era eligibility?
K

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2016, 05:49:51 pm »
The reason for a Pre78 4str"support" for the Classic Nats was there was a request from Victoria that a group of TT/XT Yamahas would like to enter Pre78 263+ and was there a way for a separate ride. I won't enter in to the CR125 carry over being able to ride P75 and P78, and at this point no one has entered such. The eligibility scrutineer is from WA, and I suggest the question be put to MA pronto for a ruling on the XR75.
We are running per the MOMS so you can rode up an era EXCEPT into Pre78.

HeavenVMX

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2016, 08:54:32 pm »
Pre-78 rules say manufactured 75, 76 & 77 and within suspension travel limits.  So a follow-on pre-75 bike is both pre-75 and pre-78 – no argument possible; anybody who says otherwise is twisting the rules to suit what they want

And just asking - do the Heaven rules of not being able to ride two classes mean that if I own a 77 Husky I can only ride in pre-78 or Evo but not both, and the mate who has 77 & 80 Huskies can ride in both classes?  That's discrimination against somebody who can only stump up $ for one bike because the 77 Husky clearly fits both pre-78 and Evo – again no argument possible - as the redhead QLD girl would say "please explain?"

Does anyone actually read posts before commenting.

Heaven VMX has a Club Rule, and has done for at least 10 years, that allows a rider to enter a bike in two classes within one era only. So from your example a '77 Husky 250 can enter either Pre78 or Pre82 or Pre85 or Pre90 for that matter BUT NOT more than one. Usually a rider with that bike would enter Pre78 All Powers and Pre78 250. This means they would have 4 races for the day along with 2 - 3 hours of practice on Saturday. What the MOMS wording is on this matter is irrelevant and it works for our club.

Our meetings run with rider marshaling so if riders were to show up with one bike and ride every ERA we could not run the meeting. As our club averages over 80 riders per meeting(this weekend we have 105 riders at Cessnock and 119 recently at Gloucester). This club rule does not seem to be too restrictive.

Should your club have a similar rule? Who knows it is completely up to your clubs membership surely.

If you don't like that rule it is completely OK and is your prerogative to do so as I am sure there are rules at your club that many would find unpalatable. The Heaven Club is not concerned either way we just get on with it.

This type of post is exactly why the larger clubs within VMX are using this site less and less. Hopefully your club provides its membership with an excellent program which is supported by its members and with luck expands its member base.

End of comment on this thread ::)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 09:47:21 pm by HeavenVMX »

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
  • Google "Ancient Greek Sculpture for Kids" 2C more
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2016, 01:17:27 am »
Well said Heaven - and understood - so at Heaven its ok for one bike to be shared between two riders in different classes - thanks for clearing that up.
And yes - we do read what is said and that often leads to contextual Q's, that's how "threads" work; as said thanks for answering, appreciated
Interesting to note the different "management" in Vic and maybe other States? (not saying it's better - just different) where the club/track gets a fee for providing flaggies or volunteers are used and that frees up riders for a lot more rides if they want (or can!)

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2016, 09:09:56 am »
Seriously? All this fuss, even if it is interesting to read, is for an XR75 being entered at a national competition?
I know there are some pretty quick XR75's out there but it is still a MINI bike. There is a place for big blokes on little bikes to have their fun, but I don't think a National Title event is one of them. I'd be very surprised if the XR is allowed to enter among a field of full capacity bikes.
Just my opinion....nothing more ;D
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2016, 09:35:24 am »
Seriously? All this fuss, even if it is interesting to read, is for an XR75 being entered at a national competition?
I know there are some pretty quick XR75's out there but it is still a MINI bike. There is a place for big blokes on little bikes to have their fun, but I don't think a National Title event is one of them. I'd be very surprised if the XR is allowed to enter among a field of full capacity bikes.
Just my opinion....nothing more ;D

XR 75 ran at Coff Nats 2006 ? at was up there .

I got kicked out of all in 4 stroke  on Dodgeys  XR 75 a couple of years later reason being it was a mini bike . I was running mid pack but was told it wasnt allowed .

So theres a contradiction  ::)

Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2016, 12:03:50 pm »
Interesting the question of so called MINI BIKES in classes.  Lets look at this RE the Classic MX section of the MoMS.

1.  There are no restrictions on wheel sizes.  No mention at all, but as an example in the MX Junior section where wheel sizes are given the 125 class sizes 17 to 21 front and 16 to 19 rear.  This permits a 100 BW into the 125 class. But again no restrictions in the Classic MX rules.

2.  The 125 classes for Classic Aust MX Champs all state "up to 125cc" so that is 1cc to 125cc plus 5%.

3.  Also note the 125 classes for Post Classic all state "125cc" so it can be agrued that that means 125cc plus or minus 5%.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2016, 12:05:51 pm »
My feeling is a mini won't be able to run with full size bikes, not from a performance aspect, more of a safety aspect. Unless your the size of a 10 year old, adults on mini's is all wrong, they are simply not made for it and in my opinion an accident waiting to happen. I for one would be ragged at getting involved in an incident with an adult riding a mini in any race, let alone a national title race, not that the classes Momus want to ride in affects me. I am a cranky old prick though. Mini's aren't allowed in the same race as full size bikes in modern MX, even though half the kids who ride them are more than capable of kicking an old guys arse. I will be interested to see the ruling on this.
K

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2016, 12:17:47 pm »
My feeling is a mini won't be able to run with full size bikes, not from a performance aspect, more of a safety aspect. Unless your the size of a 10 year old, adults on mini's is all wrong, they are simply not made for it and in my opinion an accident waiting to happen. I for one would be ragged at getting involved in an incident with an adult riding a mini in any race, let alone a national title race, not that the classes Momus want to ride in affects me. I am a cranky old prick though. Mini's aren't allowed in the same race as full size bikes in modern MX, even though half the kids who ride them are more than capable of kicking an old guys arse. I will be interested to see the ruling on this.
K

Wrong!!!!  A Big Wheel 100cc is allowed in so called Modern Junior 125 classes and the classes for MX chapter 12 all state the lower classes as up to 250cc.

Please note the so called modern 85cc 2/-s and 150cc 4/-s are probably bigger and more powerful than the Pre 75 and older 125s.

Also please note the reason these classes are up to is simple.  Some vertically challenged riders prefer to ride and race bikes they can touch the ground on.  In particular female riders.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 12:20:30 pm by KTM47 »
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490