Author Topic: newbie  (Read 4829 times)

Offline Fenno

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« on: August 27, 2007, 05:12:40 PM »
Hi ,
new to this site and internet forums
I ride late model KTMs but thought that I would try some vintage racing as old bikes are cool. I have just purchased 2 CR 250s one is and 83 and the other looks like and 82 both due for resto's. Havent got much idea on bike set ups but I will build one and race at Canberra to start with. This VMX stuff is massive any way I posting some stuff on the honda page   
CR480rd
CR250rd
plus years of collecting 83 Cr junk

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 09:05:21 PM »
Cool.
I assume that you're ACT based?
How young are you? You're not gonna take away my title of youngest rider on the old bikes at ACTMCC events are you?  :D (er... Not that I've done many ACTMCC events this year).
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 12:28:28 PM »
YOu must be young-en , i wouldnt call a 83 CR an old bike.  I think they may have even got suspension buy then :O)   hehehhe
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 12:35:19 PM »
ACTMCC runs a pre-85 class at their club days - so they're "old bikes" in that context. :)
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 04:55:28 PM »
Onya young pup, when you join the ACT club you get a tartan travel rug, a thermos for you tea and a years supply of "Depend" undergarments.How cools that?
 ;D ;D ;D
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 06:32:51 AM »
I hear tell that the ACT Pre 85 crew all sit around together between motos, getting some sun in their recliner rockers, and doing a little knitting (or swingarm scraping???). It's always nice to see the old blokes on an outing, isn't it?

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 12:43:21 PM »
Onya young pup, when you join the ACT club you get a tartan travel rug, a thermos for you tea and a years supply of "Depend" undergarments.How cools that?
 ;D ;D ;D

When you join the Newcastle club, you get a half empty long neck of VB, a set of knuckle duster, some ug boots, and a copy of the locally published book titled "Responsible Parenting: Why you should wait until you're 15".

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 12:58:16 PM »
Every self respecting Bogan knows they are 'UGH' boots. Now where's my TAB form guide........ah under Mum's dole forms. :-* :-*
PS you forgot the beanie and trackie dacks
Jesus only loves two strokes

Rosco400

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 09:46:34 PM »
And the Flanno and mullet haircut and we wear our G-Strings back the front just to show off our blowfly eyes ;D, Born and bred Newcastle boys, just doesnt get any better :D :D

mx250

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 11:01:37 PM »
;D, Born and bred Newcastle boys, just doesnt get any better :D :D
Yeah, quite right; you can always tell a Newcastle boy - it just that you can't tell them much. ;D

husky61

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 02:21:25 PM »
Yep

You can always pick the lads from Newcastle , Beer in one hand , hanky in the other and a pocket full of Ecstasy.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 02:37:12 PM »
HANKY ;D

mx250

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 09:36:49 PM »
.... and a pocket full of Ecstasy.
Hey, it was only one tablet,right, got it. One tablet. A complete stranger just walked up to me a slipped into my pocket.

::)

husky61

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 07:24:33 AM »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o Oh thats so depressing , i think i need another exxxxxy.

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 04:26:30 PM »
The new Joey Johns meal at McDonalds...no burger,no fries. Just coke and ice!