Author Topic: Oxy/Acet' deal from Bunnings  (Read 11110 times)

Offline Tony.Brown

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Oxy/Acet' deal from Bunnings
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 07:05:21 PM »
From the Coregas website:

Coregas History

Founded in Australia in 1976, Coregas is now part of Wesfarmers Industrial and Safety. As part of one of Australia's most respected companies - Wesfarmers Ltd - we are an Australian owned gas company, which services all industries and has a wealth of experience and knowledge spanning over 36 years in the industry.

Nice work! So they are actual competitors.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2015, 09:03:28 PM »
I was using Linde from 99 to early 04 then I switched back to BOC
It was not long after I left Linde that the name change to Coregas happened, I thought it was just a name change but maybe it was a buy out.

Interesting to see that BOC is owned by the Linde group now, it's hard to keep up with the name changes and the sell offs.
Remember when BOC used to be CIG?
CIG, Commonwealth Industrial Gas
Was bought out by BOC which was a British company which is what the B stands for in BOC (I think)
You can still buy CIG welders but they have nothing to do with BOC

I would like to thank my sponsors, Google and Wikipedia :o
The Linde Group is a multinational industrial gases and engineering company founded in Germany in 1879
In September 2006 the company acquired its UK based competitor The BOC Group, and subsequently disposed of its non-gas interests.
Following the BOC acquisition, The Linde Group has become the world's largest industrial gas company.
In 2005, Linde AG and BOC together had 21% of the world's market in industrial gases followed by Air Liquide with 19%, Praxair with 13%, Air Products & Chemicals with 10%, Nippon Sanso with 4%, Airgas with 3% and Messer Group with 1%.

But back to Bunnings, It should be a good deal for the small user but basically the gas is quite dear (about 3 times what I currently pay for Oxygen) which is where they are making there money
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Ngapuhi

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2015, 11:12:14 PM »
Wesfarmers=Bunnings.

Offline dont

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2015, 06:30:47 PM »
At gasweld (at least around Canberra) you can get a good deal on oxy too, but not acytelene (but I use LPG/ oxy so don't care) different arrangement as you buy the cylinder thus there isnt a deposit you can get back but I guess you might be able to sell your cylinder to some one else if you no longer need it. I guess it comes down to the gas price, gasweld have oxy in c, d, e, g size botts a d refill is $80, initial $$350
I think there are prices on their web site

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2015, 11:01:11 PM »
I was using Linde from 99 to early 04 then I switched back to BOC
It was not long after I left Linde that the name change to Coregas happened, I thought it was just a name change but maybe it was a buy out.

Interesting to see that BOC is owned by the Linde group now, it's hard to keep up with the name changes and the sell offs.
Remember when BOC used to be CIG?
CIG, Commonwealth Industrial Gas
Was bought out by BOC which was a British company which is what the B stands for in BOC (I think)
You can still buy CIG welders but they have nothing to do with BOC
Yes I remember CIG. I worked for CIG for 10 years, 1980 to 1990. CIG was part-owned by BOC from the beginning but became wholly owned by BOC Gases in the early 1990s. Back when it was mostly Australian owned, we had a factory at Preston Victoria that made the welding equipment and there was also an aluminium gas cylinder factory at Maryong in Sydney (which used very advanced technology at the time). The welding equipment manufacturing part of the business was split off and called CIGWELD. Later on CIGWELD was sold off. CIGWELD made the CIG cylinder valves until around the end of the 1980s. Steel CIG cylinders were made in many places. Many were made in factories in Australia (one was Tubemakers). Starting in about 1986 we started buying new steel cylinders from Japan. They were amazingly straight, round and all of the same length, which was not the case with other steel cylinders purchased. Back in the 1980s a G size steel cylinder cost CIG about $220 to buy and the valve cost about $30 (all in 1980s $$$) and cost about $10 per year for maintenance. Cylinder rental was by far the post profitable part of the CIG Gases operation.
BOC British Oxygen Company
CIG Commonwealth Industrial Gases

I would like to thank my sponsors, Google and Wikipedia :o
The Linde Group is a multinational industrial gases and engineering company founded in Germany in 1879
In September 2006 the company acquired its UK based competitor The BOC Group, and subsequently disposed of its non-gas interests.
Following the BOC acquisition, The Linde Group has become the world's largest industrial gas company.
In 2005, Linde AG and BOC together had 21% of the world's market in industrial gases followed by Air Liquide with 19%, Praxair with 13%, Air Products & Chemicals with 10%, Nippon Sanso with 4%, Airgas with 3% and Messer Group with 1%.

But back to Bunnings, It should be a good deal for the small user but basically the gas is quite dear (about 3 times what I currently pay for Oxygen) which is where they are making there money
previous pseudonym feetupfun