Author Topic: Aurrum plating  (Read 8079 times)

Offline pecrazy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Aurrum plating
« on: July 22, 2015, 05:58:47 PM »
Does anybody know if Aurrum plating is still in business? trying to contact them for awhile.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Aurrum plating
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 06:21:25 PM »
It would be a shock if they were
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline pecrazy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 06:40:32 PM »
Phone rings out and no replies to any emails.

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 09:00:38 PM »
Don't know if still in business,I tried them a long time ago, 100% fail rate with every cylinder they did for me.never went back,tried electrosil  in Melbourne,100% success rate,been using them for ages now.
1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

Offline pecrazy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 06:06:47 AM »
No surprise to anyone but I had a failure with one of their cylinders, lasted 5 hours putting around behind the kids. Was going to try for a warranty claim.

Offline pecrazy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 11:07:35 AM »
Found out they are in business, think they were just ignoring my emails. Called them up but it has been too long they didn't want to know about it. Explained that their poor workmanship had caused $1000 worth of damage and they should be liable no matter how long ago as I had emailed from day one. Didn't do any good, got sick of arguing with some asian chick who I could hardly understand so I just hung up and vowed to tell everyone about their work.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 11:27:19 AM »
Lodge a complaint with their state Department of Fair Trading (or whatever the latest new-broom politician has renamed it for this week).
It might not fix your problem, but if enough people do it, then it will be noticed.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline pecrazy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 11:30:10 AM »
I admit it has been awhile but it took me over 12 months to get 5 hrs ridding time on that bike, then I was told they were out of business so I didn't bother any more.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 09:05:38 PM »
Same as Suzuki311.....they did one cylinder 3 times, had to get it sleeved in the end.....absolutely useless ....have used Electrosil a few times.....100% success rate.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline EdgyAl

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 10:26:42 PM »
I would normally rather keep the money in oz, but Powerseal USA give perfect customer service, they are fast, and do 100% top notch work.
I have sent 2 cylinders to them, couldn't recommend any higher, a heap of mates have used them and all had the same experience.

http://www.powersealusa.com/

cheers Al.

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 07:12:33 AM »
NZ cylinders in Ashburton has a very good reputation as well, postage & exchange rate would be better than sending to the states
www.nzcylinders.com

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 07:51:27 AM »
Why would any Aussie send a cylinder overseas to be plated when there is a perfectly good business in Australia?
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline tymes

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 08:38:11 AM »
Why would any Aussie send a cylinder overseas to be plated when there is a perfectly good business in Australia?

Exactly!

After speaking to a legendary Australian dirt bike dealer they told me that exact same thing, every cylinder they do whether high performance race spec or trail riders they send them to a perfectly good Australian business that has never let them down.

Maybe they are not the cheapest option available but when you start crunching the numbers on cost if it fails, its a no brainer. Shopping around you can save money and find a cheaper job, but would you save money and shop around for a cheaper Chinese piston?

Offline madmxrestorer

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 08:38:34 AM »
Hi, can you guys give me a rough idea when you had these jobs done ? I have had 4 cylinders done maybe 3 years ago (recommended by some one I know to them) and I will not start these bikes if there is a hint of a problem . surly they  must of done a good job at some stage I only spoke to a woman with a German??? accent when I had my work done ,. thanks for the heads up on this Cheers Robin 

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2016, 08:41:16 AM »
In my case I am looking to get an IT200 iron bore plated to bring it back to spec.

I had a sleeve on order, but apparently they are made of unobtainable now and the mob refunded me.

Ive spoken with NZ cylinders and they claim they can do nikasil onto cast and it sticks. Nobody else in Aus can do this.