Author Topic: 2015 Classic MX Championship Busselton WA  (Read 68223 times)

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Classic MX Championship Busselton WA
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2015, 09:20:08 PM »
If you'd been there you'd know, and have the opportunity to have your say.

Simo63

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2015, 09:21:03 PM »
I was at the briefing, you were not. The officials stated their reasons, and riders had the opportunity to speak. A few spoke, the decision was made, and as said most were happy.

Therefore I don't deserve to have an opinion Col?  You keep telling yourself that and see how many people make the effort to come to these events.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2015, 09:47:34 PM »
If you'd been there you'd know, and have the opportunity to have your say.

I was there. Refresh my memory of the stated reasons the Steward gave for shortening the laps before time constraints were tested.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline BA #63

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2015, 09:49:52 PM »
No matter what decision the officials make not every one will be happy and that's why if you are at an event  you have the right to  load your stuff and become a spectator and get your entry fee back and bitch and moan until the next national if you not going have an opinion but don't try knock the event until you know what's happening if the race was three laps and you won you would say   BEST RACE   EVER   give them a chance look what happened in Canberra     
I am still the fastest in the pits

Simo63

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2015, 10:04:09 PM »
No matter what decision the officials make not every one will be happy and that's why if you are at an event  you have the right to  load your stuff and become a spectator and get your entry fee back and bitch and moan until the next national if you not going have an opinion but don't try knock the event until you know what's happening if the race was three laps and you won you would say   BEST RACE   EVER   give them a chance look what happened in Canberra   

You sir are completely correct however anyone that has travelled that far is unlikely to load the bikes onto the trailer, get their entry fee back and then piss and moan.  No, I rather suspect they would just get on with it and try and have a good time.  And then likely piss and moan later on.

I honestly hope that despite previous event issues, this event is brilliant to the point it is an event that promotes VMX for a long time to come.  All I would suggest is you learn from previous events (maybe even talk to a couple of the event organisers from SA .. I can put you in touch with one or two that don't subscribe to Col's fine and dandy picture if you like) and don't let yourselves suffer the same fate others did at the hands of a few.

Anyway, I'll bow out of this discussion. Good luck and best of wishes. If I was in a better financial position I would be putting money up to sponsor as I have done in the past .. only this time, not for the Super Senior class :)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2015, 10:09:03 PM »
This thread, and all the promise of this event, shouldn't be whored up with the issues of the apparently excellent 2014 Classic Nats, but there's a persistent rumour that the races were shortened because a particular senior official wanted to go home.

I wasn't there. I've heard this from a number of sources. It may not be true, or it may be true.

Regardless of what actually happened, I think it would be good for the sport if such speculation could be avoided in 2015.

-----

I repeat: I wasn't there. I am not claiming this happened. The issue is not whether this happened or not, it's the perception that these things happen. :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:26:12 PM by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline BA #63

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2015, 10:29:18 PM »
 Vmx community should work together and get the sport going strong again as it is suffering no matter what any one says I will support any who puts up there hand because I don't want to do it  GOOD ON SA always putting up there hand I will go to Crystal brook anytime they ran an event that was brilliant  but I suppose someone though it was CRAP   nothing more to say Cheers boys  :-X :-X
I am still the fastest in the pits

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2015, 10:38:47 PM »
Simmo you demanded your $100 sponsorship money back at the QMP Nats when you didn't get your 1975 framed bike into Pre75
And I'm sure the Superseniors will survive without your patronage .
Nathan I agree it's bad form to bag the 2014 Nats, they did a good job and don't need to be criticised  by these guys. We should be putting out positive vibes for WA

Simo63

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2015, 10:44:34 PM »
Vmx community should work together and get the sport going strong again as it is suffering no matter what any one says I will support any who puts up there hand because I don't want to do it  GOOD ON SA always putting up there hand I will go to Crystal brook anytime they ran an event that was brilliant  but I suppose someone though it was CRAP   nothing more to say Cheers boys  :-X :-X

Agreed entirely. And a part of working together and getting the sport going (or keeping it going) is being honest about some issues and not sweeping them under the carpet.  If you are aware of the issues, accept the feedback as constructive and move on. By listening to understand (and not just respond) you will resolve them and only improve things.

To ignore them, gloss over them and sweep them under the carpet will only ensure an earlier demise of our great sport.  Anything I say is only done so with the intention of improving the sport, nothing more, nothing less.

Simo63

« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2015, 11:07:37 PM »
Simmo you demanded your $100 sponsorship money back at the QMP Nats when you didn't get your 1975 framed bike into Pre75
And I'm sure the Superseniors will survive without your patronage .
Nathan I agree it's bad form to bag the 2014 Nats, they did a good job and don't need to be criticised  by these guys. We should be putting out positive vibes for WA

Yes I did get my paltry $100 sponsorship back Col and my entry fee as well remember?  That was years ago and for you to bring that up now in an attempt to discredit me, discount my opinion and knock me down really does show your lack of calibre. There were other reasons as well like the fact you spelt my name wrong in the race program Col, despite me telling you 3 bloody times how to spell it. I have remained quiet about that one thinking it was an honest mistake but with your personal hatred for me I guess it was deliberate .. you're too smart to be making those sorts of errors aren't you Col?  Why don't you get out your program .. check for yourself .. see my name spelt incorrectly.  Talk about a slap in the face but I guess you don't care at all .... that was only the beginning of what you had in store forme that weekend wasn't it Col?

And just for yours, and the rest of the poor innocent readers here, information Col since that debacle in 2012 or 13 I have sponsored a number of VMX classes and events including 2014 Post Classic Nats and Conondale Classic events and for more than a paltry $100.  Each time I have put up my hard earned money to try and help the sport and the event survive.  Even got my struggling business name on some T-Shirts Col .. have you?

Like I said, I try where I can but I can tell you what Col, your personal vendetta against me is wearing thin.  Are you still pissed at me because I refused to pay your random sponsorship invoice for some event .. was it the 2014 Classic Nats??  I looked at that invoice just the other day Col and though to myself "How ? dare that ? Col Metcher send me an invoice demanding payment when he didn't even ask me if I was willing to sponsor the event in the first place".  Where do you get off on that??

Is that the source of your hatred for me Col?  If it is, you know where I live. Come on up and we can discuss it in person. 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 11:03:05 AM by Simo63 »

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2015, 11:29:40 PM »
I'm sorry I don't get it, we've just found out that the Nats are going to be held in WA.  All I can see is someone complaining about the length of races at an event they didn't attend.  All I say is attend the event then complain, otherwise the complaint is meaningless.  All those that attend the last nats in SA seem to have had a damn good time on and off the track which to me is what it is all about.  if you want to make a comment about the Nats please make certain you attend the actual event .  Please why do we always get politics coming into the celebration of our sport.  I was at 3 of the last four national events and thoroughly enjoyed all three none of which had races that went on forever, just damn long enough.

So if you have something relevant to say about the nationals please make certain you have been there before and are going to be there again, and I mean that Championship, not the Post Classic.  I have no axe to grind with anyone. just hate to see people dragging things down for what appears to be their own personal agenda.  I will be at this year nats I will laugh, drink, argue and race with the guys and girls who attend.  After the event I will hear the same old complaints about the event from the same people who did not attend.. Please this is an event I love to attend because of the great racing and friendships I have made not for the length of the races

My final statement is "Have we forgotten why we ride classic MX"  If I'm correct it wasn't for the wrong reasons.  Don't ruin my sport!!!!
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2015, 11:48:21 PM »
Simmo your statements are absurd. We were all too busy looking after the 166 entries to be plotting against you or anyone else.
Let's agree to keep this thread for promoting the event.

Simo63

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2015, 03:51:00 AM »
I'm sorry I don't get it, we've just found out that the Nats are going to be held in WA.  All I can see is someone complaining about the length of races at an event they didn't attend.  All I say is attend the event then complain, otherwise the complaint is meaningless.  All those that attend the last nats in SA seem to have had a damn good time on and off the track which to me is what it is all about.  if you want to make a comment about the Nats please make certain you attend the actual event .  Please why do we always get politics coming into the celebration of our sport.  I was at 3 of the last four national events and thoroughly enjoyed all three none of which had races that went on forever, just damn long enough.

SIGH .... That's right, I didn't attend the 2014 Classic Championships in SA. Focus on that if you wish and dismiss my comments out of hand.  But if you read my responses, then you might realise my comments are all about improving the 2015 event.  What's political about that Tossa?

I will say it again .... "I honestly hope that despite previous event issues, this event is brilliant to the point it is an event that promotes VMX for a long time to come.  All I would suggest is you learn from previous events (maybe even talk to a couple of the event organisers from SA .. I can put you in touch with one or two that don't subscribe to Col's fine and dandy picture if you like) and don't let yourselves suffer the same fate others did at the hands of a few."

I'm sure the change in the number of laps wasn't the only thing an event organiser could learn from the previous event??  There would be a plethora of other hints and tips the previous event organiser could pass on.

All that I repeated above ^^ is said with the intention of making this event better than previous ones. Is that not the right thing to do?  If you were an organiser would you not want to listen to, and understand, everyone's opinion?  You can't answer "NO" to that question and still want the event and the sport to prosper.

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2015, 10:09:47 AM »
Simple solution write to MA, I believe that is the way of the world to place your comments with the controlling body and if enough people do it they will change it.

Talk to the promoters! actually I was talking to the promoters before the event, during the event and after the event , because I was there and they took my comments on board

SA were not the only people who changed the number of laps, Qld did it the year before.

I am not jumping on Col's band wagon, and actually think it a bit demeaning for you to think I would.  It's just we start a thread to get people interested in coming to WA to ride in the Nats and all I see is comments about how bad the event is.  I will be talking to the promoters over here as will a lot of people but on the day they will decide.  Just get yourselves over here and if tyou can't get here because of financial or work that will be a pity.  But if you can't get here because of lack of interest.  keep those sort of comments to yourself or write to MA where the comments should go
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline bigthumpa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2015, 10:46:27 AM »
Many thanks to all of the contributors to this thread over recent days. As a state we will, as competitors and officials, endeavour to be part of an event that will showcase WA and more importantly the sport of Vmx to the wider community.
Please allow the organisers the courtesy to now commence the task of putting everything in place to conduct this years Championships, I am sure the date will be forthcoming as soon as possible so that everyone can lock in their holidays and make their travel plans.
I appeal to everyone to try and keep this thread relevant and true to it's intention, and that is for the promotion of the event.

Regards
Nick