Author Topic: 2015 Classic MX Championship Busselton WA  (Read 68219 times)

Simo63

Re: 2015 Classic MX Championship Busselton WA
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2015, 11:08:53 AM »
Many thanks to all of the contributors to this thread over recent days. As a state we will, as competitors and officials, endeavour to be part of an event that will showcase WA and more importantly the sport of Vmx to the wider community.
Please allow the organisers the courtesy to now commence the task of putting everything in place to conduct this years Championships, I am sure the date will be forthcoming as soon as possible so that everyone can lock in their holidays and make their travel plans.
I appeal to everyone to try and keep this thread relevant and true to it's intention, and that is for the promotion of the event.

Regards
Nick

Agreed.  Good luck Nick. I said it before and I'll say it again, I hope you put on a showcase event that ensures the longevity of Classic MX Championships in this country. If I can make I will but it's unlikely given financial issues.  If those were better then I would love to make the trip given that I lived in  WA until 12yrs old, still have family there and haven't raced there since the Shell Oils Aust Road Race Championships in 1992.  If I could I would also gladly throw some $$ your way to help with the financial burden.  And if I lived closer I'd be out there helping to get the track sorted out.

Best of luck  :) 

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2015, 11:22:11 AM »
Simo you are always welcome as is anyone else, difference of opinion are a fact of life.  Nick did you get Linda to write the last statement, to good for you!!lol
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2015, 11:28:31 AM »
Simple solution write to MA, I believe that is the way of the world to place your comments with the controlling body and if enough people do it they will change it.

Talk to the promoters! actually I was talking to the promoters before the event, during the event and after the event , because I was there and they took my comments on board

SA were not the only people who changed the number of laps, Qld did it the year before.

I am not jumping on Col's band wagon, and actually think it a bit demeaning for you to think I would.  It's just we start a thread to get people interested in coming to WA to ride in the Nats and all I see is comments about how bad the event is.  I will be talking to the promoters over here as will a lot of people but on the day they will decide.  Just get yourselves over here and if tyou can't get here because of financial or work that will be a pity.  But if you can't get here because of lack of interest.  keep those sort of comments to yourself or write to MA where the comments should go

Yes QLD did change the laps. Started racing with 6 laps, went to five after a couple of races and stayed at 5 all day Saturday. Then 4 laps all Sunday. They did this after testing time constraints, the correct procedure, and realised the meeting would not finish on time. Unlike what was dished up in SA.

Approx 9,000 klms return trip for us for only 3 x 3 laps. It doesn't add up.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2015, 11:59:13 AM »
Seeing this thread is still off track, I'll start another, and please leave the new one for facts and information directly relevant to the 2015 Nats

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2015, 12:52:42 PM »
Perhaps the forum needs it's own section for all the sad sacks, dooms dayers & naysayers. Then they can bleet to their hearts content.
K

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2015, 01:13:37 PM »
Perhaps the organisation could get off their arse and write rules that don't need interpreting and also stick to the supp regs that people expected and paid money for and presto, the doomsayers, naysayers and sad sacks will disappear.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2015, 03:37:46 PM »
Clearly what the Classic and Post Classic MX (and DT) Championships need is a section in the MOMS like

15.16 Race Meeting Protocols: Australian Motocross Championships

This outlines how a Championship should be run.

Practice (number of laps or time)
Racing (number of laps or time)

Etc etc.  There is also a similar one for the Junior MX Championships.

Really the championships should be the same each year.  Also race distance should be time (eg 10 minutes) etc.  This can be as near as practicle to the time not time plus 1 lap.  This way you can work out a schedule and after the first leg of every class you can then see if you need to adjust the number of laps (which you will now know.

Any decision to change the sup-regs or program can be approved by the MA Steward, but it should be after the C of C has asked for that permission.

Anyway I'm sure the organising club for this year has taken note of the concerns expressed and will do the right thing.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2015, 04:06:46 PM »
Me thinks not Ted, you're either a glass half full type or a glass half empty type. Wouldn't matter what was written to the second type.
K

Offline Spanish Armada

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2015, 06:36:38 PM »
Yes this sort of doom and gloom really explains why vinduro has taken off  ::) ::) with just ride with your mates all day with no pressure .All this crap in the last 3 weeks on other topics u will struggle to get hosting clubs in future and numbers might fall off.Just my 2 bobs worth better go know b4 the the dooms day prepers show from the states starts . It's good to watch childish behavior reminds me of here.Go ride your bike of some sort and stfup.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2015, 07:07:47 PM »
Fair dinkum. Some people would argue that the sky is overcast on a perfectly clear, 25 degree spring day.

For what it's worth, I made the effort with 1 other mate to get to WA for the VMXWA 15th Anniversary in 2010, along with a few QLD'ers and even some OS notables from the past. There was a couple (hubby and wife) who came from South Africa too. Yes, they both rode and rode very well.
The event was an absolute blast. More Classic bikes in a pit area than I have ever seen since I got into VMX. The numbers would of actually embarrassed a quite a few modern meetings I have been to over the years.
The organisation of the event was second to none. Everything ran smooth. The natives and officials were friendly. The bench racing was outstanding. And importantly, the track was the best I have ridden on a vintage bike.
It was well worth the time and money to get there. And this year being the clubs 20th year, I'm sure they will have something EXTRAORDINARY planned.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2015, 10:18:13 AM »
anybody woult think you want to comer again.  As long as you bring the port we'll be fine!!
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2015, 11:08:40 AM »
anybody woult think you want to comer again.  As long as you bring the port we'll be fine!!

I think you had enough port when you typed this Barry......

I'm sure you could clue me up as to some good WA port that would be suitable. Yes, I do want to get over there again. Hopefully I can find a few Vics to commit to come along as I simply couldn't afford to do the trip solo.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2015, 11:18:53 AM »
have you thought of the container option that we use to get bikes over.  It is a lot easier than people realise. Didn't you bring a truck over last time, sell space on the back for bikes.  Hopefully we'll have a date soon for you to work around
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2015, 02:30:23 PM »
Never been to a VMXWA event but having followed the club and watched the members at other events in the east I would imagine this event would be fantastic .

Any club that can stick to its era formula and not be swayed by outsider opinions and remain as successful as VMXWA are have to be worth a go I reckon .

I wish I was I a position to make the trip but that wont happen due mainly to the financial constraints of living in another country .

Think positive and get in behind the event  :) I think the club is well enough respected and is the master of its own domain to let any outside interference upset their event  :)

Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2015, 03:46:00 PM »
Have to agree with Bill Doe, well said.  ;) ;) ;)
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina