Author Topic: Is anyone else this silly  (Read 22362 times)

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
Is anyone else this silly
« on: February 16, 2014, 10:49:18 PM »
I took my TM125 out on Friday and got the jetting problem sorted. I ran out of gas but figured I'd run it again today to just tidy things up.

Loaded the bike, riding gear and tools. Drove to my local riding area, unloaded, got changed and tried to start it.
Guess what? NO F*CKING FUEL

The ONLY thing I needed to do to the bike was fill the tank!  The ONLY thing I forgot to do was fill the tank!

Is this what old age has in store for me?????????????????????
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 11:12:27 PM by brent j »
The older I get, the faster I was

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
Re: Is anyone else this silly
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 11:07:24 PM »
sounds normal procedure to me  ;),hour into the trip,had to go back for me boots ::), :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

EBT

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 11:55:13 PM »
I ran out of gas

Maybe try some PETROL  ;D  ;)

Offline kdx 175

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 05:23:16 AM »
the only thing about getn old is looking for my glasses im sure my kids hide them. Pay back for makeing them do dishers

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 07:42:31 AM »
Wouldn't worry too much Brent cause that sounds about right. ;D
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 07:51:11 AM »
so it was running lean then !
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 08:42:54 AM »
Guilty as charged your honour! A couple of years ago I finally finished my Spanish GP winning Jim Pomeroy replica. I was feeling pretty good about life and so I thought time to start this bad boy. Many kicks later and after checking for spark and fuel, yes and yes! I decided it would definitely bump start down the road (steep)outside my place. You guessed it NOTHING! Being stupid and determined I pushed it up and rolled it down a few times untill I slumped exhausted next to the letterbox. My neighbour was watching my exertions with ever increasing amusement and offering advice. To say I was pissed off was an understatement. How could this be after all the careful work I had done? Why was life so unfair etc etc. Then I had a thought! Did I remove the rag from the carby before putting the air cleaner on? No way, a bloke couldnt be that stupid surely? Damn right he could be. Started first kick of course! J PS Plenty more stories like this one available as I am a serial offender!

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 10:01:44 AM »
and not on your robinson crusoe either I bet.
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 10:11:53 AM »
Yep been there, done that. CB 500 RR bike , no go, push like buggery up an down street, still no go,owner had tank off etc, gunna check all sorts, I noticed kill switch was in OFF possie, he near hit me for telling him !!
Foss

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 10:21:13 AM »
Travelled all the way to a Woodstock Park dirt track back in the early 70's (4 hr drive in a V4 Transit), three bikes loaded into the Transit, Esky full of piss...........and discovering upon my arrival that my tools, fuel and riding gear were still sitting in the driveway at home.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 10:54:49 AM »
Travelled all the way to a Woodstock Park dirt track back in the early 70's (4 hr drive in a V4 Transit), three bikes loaded into the Transit, Esky full of piss...........and discovering upon my arrival that my tools, fuel and riding gear were still sitting in the driveway at home.
At least you had the Piss !!! ;D
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 11:01:20 AM »
Nice one brent :o
I leave little written notes (tags on string on my handle bars) , so I don't forget to put oil in and other things  ;)
don't worry brent my memory is getting bad , that's why I rely on notes ???

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 11:43:37 AM »
bagging the guy in front of me in the scrutineering que at winton bitd,"the only reason your sump plugs not lockwired mate,is coz you havn't put the oil back in!!," sez me ,2nd scrutineerer doing me,whispers "psst Mick,your gearbox plugs not lockwired either"  :o,fork,& theres no oil in mine either!!, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 12:34:36 PM »

I've done a couple of no-brainers....mostly, well all a long time ago, in no particular order have arrived at the track with...NO helmet, ONE boot only, EMPTY tank and no fuel drum for a one day cross country ...DOH!  and miles from the nearest supplier.  The worst one though was a bike i had just had the motoplat replaced ....well seeing as how i was the dope working on it at Husky Imports you'd have thought i would have actually bolted it up BEFORE putting the cover back on and on the ute to the track....left some of the bits on the bench!!!  Lucky had two of those F*#*ing Huskies on the back! 

the result of above is i am totally ANAL-RETENTIVE about prep now, got to be perfect or its not close enough!

Kt.

Offline D project

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 12:47:13 PM »
All these stories sound like they are out of Super hunky strait out of motocross action 1979 ;D