Author Topic: zinc platting Brisbane  (Read 3105 times)

Offline JIM77

• Novice
    • View Profile
zinc platting Brisbane
« on: January 27, 2014, 10:59:39 PM »
Anyone know a zinc platter in Brisbane that will do a small batch on the cheap. I had all the big stuff done by CP platters and wasn't overly happy with the finish, I want to get a few redone and about 30 small bolts that I forgot.

Offline PEZBerq

• Legend
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: zinc platting Brisbane
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 11:07:10 PM »
I only know of CP in Eagle Farm these days in Brisbane. Others I used have either shut down ( a mob in Brendale) or else I wont use them again - such as Pine Rivers Electroplating. The quality was very good from CP but I did make sure the parts were well prepared and cleaned. Included spokes that come out really good. If you don't put the effort in and clean them up first you will only get zinc plating over a shitty surface.  Good quality and cheap don't go together unless you are lucky!
Husqvarnas: 78 390AMX, 82 430XC, 84 240WR, 84 500AE, 84 510TE, 87 510TE

Offline PE sicko

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 11:14:47 PM »
The Electroplater in Boniface Street, Archerfield will usually take on a job like that if you ask nicely enough. Nice work, good pricing. Not the most affable chap you will meet but is reliable and I have been happy with his work.
Why do I have to keep repeating the Old Bull/Young Bull story?
Your an EMO kid? Pfft, Tsst. Go away or I will get my axe.
Suzuki PE250X (One of the best around)
Yamaha TY175 (Wear this thing like a G-String)
Montesa Cota 348 Trail (Boyhood Dreambike)

Offline JIM77

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 11:30:13 PM »
I only know of CP in Eagle Farm these days in Brisbane. Others I used have either shut down ( a mob in Brendale) or else I wont use them again - such as Pine Rivers Electroplating. The quality was very good from CP but I did make sure the parts were well prepared and cleaned. Included spokes that come out really good. If you don't put the effort in and clean them up first you will only get zinc plating over a shitty surface.  Good quality and cheap don't go together unless you are lucky!

I did Prep them, I spent a couple of hours in front of the wire brush on my bench grinder. Most were pretty good, I think the finish is because they don't individually hang them. Collar washers were the ones that came out the worst, flaking and pitted type finish.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 12:01:33 AM »
I can do it, we normally sandblast the parts first, then clean up any marks etc and then wire buff. Sometimes just buffing is not good enough. I'm on the Southside, Coopers Plains. You can ring me tomorrow  0412 747 729, cheers John.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline DR500

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 09:51:24 PM »
I have used'
 Custom Coatings
21 Leonard Crescent Brendale QLD 4500