Author Topic: How to prevent 'monkey-butt' ?  (Read 8917 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: How to prevent 'monkey-butt' ?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2013, 08:44:55 PM »
I'd still have to bare my lycra'd form to whoever was nearby while putting my riding pants on. I'm way too shy for that ;D

Not sure how lycra covered bits are more offensive than those exact same bits laid bare?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2013, 11:37:17 PM »
.....get up on the pegs and stay there...

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 11:51:12 PM »
After I rode my 1st A4DE, I swore I'd work out how to get rid of the dreaded monkey butt. Here are my recommendations :-
1) NO Jocks - EVER! Now, I'm not suggesting a commando frenzy but rather boxer styled cotton/lycra blend undies. They make a HUGE difference. Just ensure there is no seams anywhere around the gooch section!

2) Hemorrhoid cream. Apply enough to leave the cheeks feeling "rosy". The antibacterial properties stop any nasties from infecting. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you EVER entertain using vaseline. Why would you ever rub petrol near the boys?

3) Stand. It's surprising how quickly the MIND adapts. The legs are the biggest muscle group we have but it's the mind that gives in 1st. Standing becomes second nature soon enough.
Destined to a life behind bars. A garage full of KTM's and a 73 CR 250M Honda....H7 250 Monty will be at Harrow!
A "never was" of the Nineties...

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 10:17:05 AM »
1) NO Jocks - EVER! Now, I'm not suggesting a commando frenzy but rather boxer styled cotton/lycra blend undies. They make a HUGE difference. Just ensure there is no seams anywhere around the gooch section!
2) Hemorrhoid cream. Apply enough to leave the cheeks feeling "rosy". The antibacterial properties stop any nasties from infecting. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you EVER entertain using vaseline. Why would you ever rub petrol near the boys?
3) Stand. It's surprising how quickly the MIND adapts. The legs are the biggest muscle group we have but it's the mind that gives in 1st. Standing becomes second nature soon enough.

agree 100%, pretty much EXACTLY what i do, or DID!

Kt

Offline Bitten

• B-Grade
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 05:26:42 PM »
Just got back from a weekend on the moderns up at Coffs with the Detour guys and suffering badly as well as I forgot the 'Skins'.

The Skins bike shorts are pricey but they last for years, coupled with baby nappy rash powder (Curash) which is water proof and keeps the skin dry while sweating seems to work a treat

Cheers
The best of both worlds! - '82 RM465Z & '10 KTM 530 EXC

Offline PE sicko

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 07:04:32 PM »
The night before riding I apply a generous amount of 3B cream, available from your local chemist. This stuff is so good ya just go riding sans undies, hangin' loose. Never had monkey-butt since (even though I look like a Silverback). Found its no good for pullin' though. ::)
Why do I have to keep repeating the Old Bull/Young Bull story?
Your an EMO kid? Pfft, Tsst. Go away or I will get my axe.
Suzuki PE250X (One of the best around)
Yamaha TY175 (Wear this thing like a G-String)
Montesa Cota 348 Trail (Boyhood Dreambike)

Offline Big Scotty

• C-Grade
  • Heaven 380
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 07:48:08 PM »
I think we need to go back to thicker seats and get rid of the gripper seat covers,I can ride my yz all weekend with no problem but  30 minutes on my modern and your suffering  :'( :'(
Cheers scotty
yz400d yz125d yz490k

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2013, 08:05:06 PM »
In the 60-70's on Short Circuit & Speedway, most set's of leathers were not lined.
There was a full "Jumpsuit' available, similar to the material of  today's Skin's, commonly known as a "Sexy Suit".
I think the WAG's called them that.

Tony T

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2013, 08:11:11 PM »
Funny you say that, Scotty. Cos I've found the exact opposite.
Unlike me to be different......  ::)

Even touring on one of my old Safari bikes, this seat with the gripper top and rock-hard foam was always better than the stocker.
Might also be because it's height made it easy to go from sitting to standing so I spent more time standing...... dunno......  :-\

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2013, 09:59:13 PM »
I think we need to go back to thicker seats and get rid of the gripper seat covers,I can ride my yz all weekend with no problem but  30 minutes on my modern and your suffering  :'( :'(
Cheers scotty

Yeah, recover the seat with old school vinyl and apply some "armour all" No more monkey butt...

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2013, 10:12:52 PM »
Someone amouralled my seat once ,bounced out of a berm and nailed it and the bike shot straight out from under me . skins are the go
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2013, 10:21:15 PM »
Someone amouralled my seat once ,bounced out of a berm and nailed it and the bike shot straight out from under me . skins are the go

;D good work Hilly, although watching someone do something quite similar earlier this year i think that move is called " The Gruber"  ;D ;)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2013, 07:00:33 AM »
Can't go past a silk g banger. J