Author Topic: value of a Maico 490 , i know, i know  (Read 4452 times)

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: value of a Maico 490 , i know, i know
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 08:24:44 AM »

Good result for what still needs at lest 4k spent on it, good on him, bet it owes that at least.  Now who is the lucky new owner?

TM BILL

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2013, 09:16:57 AM »
Its funny i have been into VMX for a long time, in the early days it was about the bikes and what we could find in sheds and swap meets  etc, big fields at all events and people enjoying the bikes and simplicity of a bygone era.

But like everything it has become all about $$$$$$$$$$ to some ,whats this worth whats that worth , he paid to much , hes dreaming. Small fields at events and events cancelled due to lack of interest , is VMX becoming like its contemporary cousin ? the one i stepped away from to enjoy the simplicity of VMX .

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 09:24:31 AM »

Bill, its not becoming "like" it, it ALREADY is exactly like it!  Just riders with a fast approaching expiry date!!!  AND MORE INTERESTING bikes and riders i might add, the modern stuff is just so disposable, they are off loaded and the latest scooter "hire purchased", kids buying fun instead of houses!  At least its a healthy pass time ay?

Kt

TM BILL

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 09:58:43 AM »

Bill, its not becoming "like" it, it ALREADY is exactly like it!  Just riders with a fast approaching expiry date!!!  AND MORE INTERESTING bikes and riders i might add, the modern stuff is just so disposable, they are off loaded and the latest scooter "hire purchased", kids buying fun instead of houses!  At least its a healthy pass time ay?

Kt

It used to be , i'm not sure anymore  :-\

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2013, 11:18:59 AM »
yeah maybe.  The thing i love is the bikes.  Started with wanting to buy back the ones i used to race, harking back i suppose....50+ and all that, but change of heart, now i am chasing bikes i never got to own back then, NOT ones i even wanted to race back then, just the little luxuries i guess, ride em, look after for a bit and then move em on in a couple years, at the moment an RM465, RM500 & Maico Magnum are keeping me smiling, and some timein near future a Maico Mega 2 will join them...either 250 or 490, dont really mind which...why? why not i say!  Life is for living, living for me is getting my wife back to good health and then bikes after that.

WHO WANTS TO SELL ME A MEGA 2?  Dont want a garage queen, just something clean and tidy,complete and running...price adjustable depending of course!!!

Kt.

Offline Husky1

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2013, 12:31:43 PM »
People are buying the more iconic bikes as works of arts and not riding them as they value them too much and in some cases are not keen to use them in anger any more. Not good for VMX as a sport, unless the trend is to cheaper more modern bikes, but these do not exist and are expensive to race due to the technology involved.