Author Topic: Rule Book changes.Pre68 All Powers 4-Stroke,  (Read 6205 times)

211kawasaki

Re: Rule Book changes.Pre68 All Powers 4-Stroke,
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 08:32:11 PM »
The concept was to have unit pre 68 and a pre unit pre 68, if you try and confuse it too much it doesn't work. IE if it has a separate gear box was built as the 67 model or earlier then its pre unit Ditto for unit construction except for the "unit".

Note that the class was in the book as a 2 year trial and wasn't picked up by anyone. It to be reviewed for 2009 based on events and class acceptance.

It was an attempt to give some traction to the big British bike thing that loosely follows what the experience is in the UK that seems to work there. I guess that the riders want pre 70, pre 65, pre 60 and not pre 68  :(

211kawasaki

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 08:38:13 PM »
Michael, your thinking too much, if they are identical follow on models the then they are OK per the GCRs the example of the 75 CR125 being considered a follow-on is the same deal.

Check out the words again, don't have my copy with me but its safe to say that if someone enters for pre 68 on a 68 B44 and the consensus is that they are the same as the 67 then it rides; in my opinion.

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 09:35:46 PM »
 Not stirring , just trying to be devils advocate,
All those interested in the GCR's  and eligibility should read more, in particular get a dictionary and look up the meaning of these words;nouns of course,
replica,
identical,
exact,
copy,
same,
similar,
and to think about the phrase in the rule book that says;
"remains unchanged"

211kawasaki

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 10:54:09 PM »
Been sitting a Law degree in the summer months Michael; when it becomes and issue - that is if it does then I'm sure it will get dealt with then.

You sure your not the Devil himself not just his advocate?

"remains unchanged" is the sum of all that you have, in simple terms if it remains unchanged then its a reasonably identical replica of the machine that was or is the similar copy of the exact same bike that was available just the year before.

firko

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 11:53:08 PM »
Ah Ha! Now it all falls into place! That's who Jikov is. And he had the hide to have a shot at me for using the word pedantic!
I should have known!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 11:55:53 PM by firko »

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 11:18:02 AM »
I never met a nicer bunch of guys to take the piss out of,or is that the "puss" out of,just because I dont agree  with you doesn't mean I don't like you, I suppose I just enjoy robust discussions, Mark ring me 0418 729 425 or text me your postal address ,
ps , I won't send  a letter bomb or white powder,

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 11:28:21 AM »
I woundn't want to belong a klub that would have ME as a member ???

firko

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 04:20:19 PM »
As long as you keep your tyre measuring calipers at home, you're welcome to drop in to the Kevlar Kompound for a kold Kozel Michael. Just remember that you'll be roughed up and then asked to leave at the slightest sign of the pedantic behaviour! You'll be very stoked at the little pre 65 collection we'll have at CD5. Everything from a Manx Norton Metisse to my humble 350 Ducati with all sorts of Mettises, Cheneys, Monarks and TRIBSAS in between. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 06:52:48 PM by firko »

211kawasaki

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 10:09:36 PM »
Garlic and a wooden stake at the ready Mark, cant be too carefull.

worms

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 06:57:18 AM »
this whole rule book thing ::) it would be much better if everybody read page 33 of the MANUAL first and then thought about how to apply their ? without assuming there must be a anwser in the book, as the manual allways states it is the onus of proof which decides particular bikes for classes not the rules themselves, so there fore present your bike with the proof to enable you to compet in competition,

clear as mud
cheers trev

firko

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2008, 07:46:15 AM »
Exactly Trev. That's what I've been saying all along. If your bike is borderline or one not seen very often, gather as much published proof (most importantly photographs in dated magazines) of your bikes eligibility for the class you are hoping to get it into. It's up to you to prove your bikes legality.

Dave...Garlic and a wooden stake are already packed away in the anti pedant kit. Jikov will be under the tightest scrutiny the Kevlar Kops have ever been called to deal with. One silly rulebook statement or tyre measurement and he's outa there.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 07:54:12 AM by firko »