Author Topic: Noel: Fernando said I can't race the postie! :o  (Read 26707 times)

hessam69

Noel: Fernando said I can't race the postie! :o
« on: February 29, 2008, 01:17:28 PM »
I was chatting to him today and he said because my bike's a late model (2003) it's not allowed.. It's completely out-of-the-box standard, I don't see it having much of a chance against the 125s anyway. Also the fact that it hasn't changed since 1981 or whatever means it technically is a 1981 it's just made later. He said to put a 1970s compliance plate on it but I don't see the point....

I was looking forward to it as well..  :-\   

Hessam

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
Re: Noel: Fernando said I can't race the postie! :o
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 02:47:21 PM »
Hessam, I can see you're keen to race but it's called 'Vintage' for a reason. ;)
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

hessam69

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 03:39:18 PM »
I know, but after all it is just a number  ???

magoo

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 07:19:43 PM »
I really don't understand why anyone would want to race a postie anyway. I just don't get it.

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 07:26:19 PM »
Hi,
the Honda CT range,from 1962 or there abouts  was just about the first mass produced  Japanese off road motor cycle ,therefore it should probably have as
much place in history as the DT1  :o
The posties frame and engine cases are the same as they were before 1969, the front forks of the 2000 on models changed to 1970's style of putting the springs on the inside of the fork tubes, visually the head and barrel look like they did when the first OHC engine came out in the sixties it is possible to tell them apart but not from 5 meters,

At worst it would be an "evo bike "( air cooled ,drum brake , none linkage suspension,) there fore eligible, ;)

I was using a different model pre 70 honda forks on mine in pre 70, and also raced this bike in pre 70 at Nepean,
I entered mine as 1969 K1B replica, about as original as a   brand new Metise replica ;D
I suggest you enter  pre70- and classic 125 and turn up a Clarence,

the only person that need's to get it is the rider.( It's got 2 wheels and an engine, and because you can) ;D
I started racing vintage on the postie and now have five "proper" vintage bikes, lets not "see "the forest for the trees

Noel
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 07:59:10 PM by Noel »

worms

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 08:27:13 PM »
just thought i would throw my two bobs worth in, the onus of proof lies solely with the rider not the scrutineer, he has to prove the machine is unchanged not just say it looks the same, and really i thought this was vintage motocross.

cheers Trev

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 08:42:06 PM »
Dear Postman Pat,
Stop annoying those Vintage Motocross people,remember they aren't like us they have real Vintage Motocross bikes and like to go really fast, so get back to work ,you have to deliver those  VMX magazines asap,
signed
The Post office
LOL

husky61

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 08:50:29 PM »
Yep

Get with the programe

Get a real bike and whilst your at it a bike that complies with the reg's (age that is ).

2003 is not December 84 , unless your watching back to the future.

Get with the programe and stop wasting peoples time.

Shoey  :o :o :o :o :o :o

PS: Noels postie should be registered with N A S A as it is a rocket. 8) 8) 8) 8)

hessam69

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 09:01:09 PM »

Yep

Get with the programe

Get a real bike and whilst your at it a bike that complies with the reg's (age that is ).

So what's this? A girly bike with a floral basket at the front?

2003 is not December 84 , unless your watching back to the future.

So what are you saying, my bike basically is a 1984, it's a bike that never changes, so why should I buy a 1984 model when it's the same bike

Get with the programe and stop wasting peoples time.

Alright I am not blind you don't have to repeat yourself twice

husky61

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 09:11:44 PM »
Yep your real fast on the up take buddy , What Im saying is get with the programe.

Correct me if Im wrong , but did you not state that the bike was manufauctured or the plate states that it is a 2003 model.

Get a real one fella and one that meets the requirements laid out , very clearly for every one to follow.

Oh no i feel a repeat coming on , get with the programe.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 09:17:19 PM »
Hessam, as with my first comment, "I can see you're keen to race..."
Mate, your choice of bike is up to you and our leanings are very wide and varied.
However, the members on this forum are Vintage MXers and dirt enthusiasts through and through. I haven't been on the forum for all that long but the passion of the members struck me immediately.
A 2003 bike is nowhere near the vintage mark.
A postie bike is not a common beastie in VMX - and I think a rarity unless anyone can correct me?

But the sticking point is absolutely the 2003 thing.
Expanding the acceptable range of what constitutes 'Vintage', ie: when is the cut off year and what about this bike or that.....
The heated discussions over eligibility are sprinkled throughout the forum.
People get very heated over proposed changes to the 'Vintage' concept - and 2003 is really recent.
I have stains on my shirts older than that...

Don't be discouraged at all; but seriously, 2003 is not vintage no matter how it 'looks'.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008, 09:38:23 PM »
I geuss I'm on the outer here.
but if you take this to the no sayers point of view,
 new  Replica HL yamaha's , or CZ replica' s, Metise replica's etc should not be allowed either
and don't put any new or re manufactured parts in your old bikes  ::) that would put them out of age range
Honda CT motorcycles are old bikes
they don't make them any better they just keep making them,
http://www.motorera.com/honda/h0055/trail105/trail105.htm
http://www.motorera.com/honda/h0090/trail90/trail90.htm
http://www.motorera.com/honda/h0110/trail110/trail110.htm
or do we want to become elitist  :'(
 :o
Noel
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 09:51:32 PM by Noel »

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 10:14:29 PM »
 Noel you are splitting hairs and shitstirring to no good end. All those re-manufactured bikes you mention still don't have discs, linkages, or other recent developments, and they certainly don't have a 2003 compliance plate from a major manufacturer. Bloody hell, where do you draw the line ? If vmx has classes that expire in 1975 and 1985, and your bike compliance plate says 2003, MAYBE it's time to consider either buying a bike that fits the parameters of the sport, finding a sporting outlet that already caters for postie bikes, or getting a firmer grip on what is required on a motocross track. Ever ridden a postie bike round an mx track ? Get a grip, Hessam, and try to appreciate just what it is you're trying to propose here....
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

worms

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 10:29:22 PM »
here we go again ::) go get yourself a 2008 MA handbook and start reading, the guidelines are set out for a reason, if you dont like the guidelines get on a committee and make a positive contribution to the sport, whether its Classic or Vintage motocross. as i said before the onus is on YOU to prove it complies not this forum. sounds like your trying to take the piss out of the sport and have little respect for the many clubs that do their best at promoting a great era in motocross.

cheers Trev

hessam69

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 11:10:57 PM »
My bike doesn't have a 2003 compliance plate