Author Topic: Dump Finds  (Read 44903 times)

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Dump Finds
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2011, 11:36:24 AM »
Given a Rickman zundapp metisse complete except for barrel and head.  $100 for a 1981 Suzuki RM250Z, motor turns over, needs exhaust, carby, axles and various bolts.  Big year ahead!!!
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2011, 12:16:42 PM »
First dump find for me was in the early 70's it was a PUCH, next was a bike that i intercepted before it made it all the way to the dump a CZ  then a xl185 wich i got going, xr75k1 motor went to rebuild it but needant bothered it didn't need it, ahh those where the days  :) no dump finds for the last 15 years  :'( still have the xr75 its in a k3 frame get this that me mate raced as a kid at T.T.G which i swaped for other dump finds, that bike did do teach heaps of kids to ride and was ridden by the bloody big kids (ADULTS) as well its still going still teaching still has the origanal rubber rim savers with tungsten carbide knobs (i think thats how hard they are now) only things done to it in the past 24 years petrol, oil change, points reset and airfilter oh and pumped the tungsten rim savers up a few times  :o

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2011, 05:17:11 PM »
Since I've been working in CQ,I have yet to spot any old bikes at the tip,or lying around in farm sheds.
Must say I'm a bit disapointed.
I thought out in the country bikes and parts would be sitting out front of everyones property,like brown snakes,and I was going to have a glut of bikes to bring home.
I s'pose if I was into old cars I'd be on a winner,plenty of them lying around out here.

Cheers,Mark.

I've done a few rides out in the desert and I was offered a shed full of bikes that were heading to the tip.  I turned them down sight unseen because I knew what they would be.  Most of the stuff out there that I have seen is either ag bikes or TS185er's, KLR's TTR225's etc. all flogged past death with lots of farm engineering to keep them just running.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2011, 09:34:28 PM »
Mate of mine was collecting scrap metal and often had over 14 ton in his backyard.
I often saw complete bikes in the heap.
At that time I had no interest.
Duhhhhhh :'(
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline ty4

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2013, 05:14:14 PM »
and it runs :D

maitenace....whats that??

quick repair on the pull start..add fuel and away we go..  even has a new air filter ellement :o

my teenagers are in love with this little leg breaker ::)

cheers

tony

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2013, 05:21:51 PM »
I'm so jealous. What a great find. I love those 70's.
Looks like one of the first ones too.

Offline ty4

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2013, 05:31:24 PM »
needs a rear tyre and seat cover, plus a good wash.... just did some ringing around for tyres and they are not cheap :o

K1 model so 74 ish???

Offline The Stroker

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2013, 06:22:38 PM »
found a carby ,set bars, complete front end, rear swing arm and a staintune all off a 2001 tt250 at Middlemount dump at chrissy, was doing a dump run for daughter and son a law who are up there working on the mines. Pipe and bars and maybe front end all going on the KLX, woo hoo. The son in law is on constant dump watch duty  ;)

Offline noisy toy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2013, 06:35:53 PM »
Went to a local tip-maybe- and saw a drum brake rear end sticking out of a pile of rubbish. Tip bloke may have said grab it.... turned out to be most of an 88 husky wrk 250! grabbed all the bits i could see an dragged it home. Found a clutch cover with a good water pump, chucked it on then rode it!
USD forks, disc front, ohlins, brembo, marzochi, cagiva engine......  :)

Tony T

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2013, 06:48:54 PM »
You blokes are all bastards.....  :D :D :D

Hey Tony, is that a 70 or a 90?
I've got lots of engine parts for 90cc stuff if you need anything.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2013, 10:31:17 PM »
found a carby ,set bars, complete front end, rear swing arm and a staintune all off a 2001 tt250 at Middlemount dump at chrissy, was doing a dump run for daughter and son a law who are up there working on the mines. Pipe and bars and maybe front end all going on the KLX, woo hoo. The son in law is on constant dump watch duty  ;)

I'd be interested in the Staintune and/or the front end if you don't use them!  ;)

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2013, 10:50:01 PM »
 Is ATC70 Mr T ;)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2013, 12:08:38 PM »
needs a rear tyre and seat cover, plus a good wash.... just did some ringing around for tyres and they are not cheap :o

K1 model so 74 ish???
What size tyre ? What price are you being quoted?

Offline ty4

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2013, 03:25:58 PM »
tyre size     16x 8 x7

genuine.. IF.. they can be found  $180 and up

something chinese to make it move and would need a pair  70 to 90 each

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2013, 09:52:25 PM »
    Picked up my 1963 Honda CZ100 monkey bike yesterday nice thing and as rare as.  The bloke I purchased it off picked it up at a garbage tip about 50 Kim from where I live. Hope to have a look around up there soon might find a couple of the missing bits.
   My computer has shit its self so I have to use this I Pad thing and I don't know how to add photos with it, so I  will post some when I get my computer back.
                                                                    Zane.
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.