Author Topic: Just Joined  (Read 2358 times)

Offline russvr4

• Novice
    • View Profile
Just Joined
« on: March 21, 2010, 09:19:27 PM »
Hi there
           I was reminiscing about the good old days with a guy at work and i was telling him about how fast i thought i was until i got passed like i was standing still by a guy called Derrim Porter.So i googled him and came upon a thread about xr 75 hondas on this site.I used to have a k3 model i think it was and guess what now i wan t one again oh and a cr250 r elsinore i can see my wife and i having a few discussions [arguments] about aquiring one as the garage already contains a wr400f , cbr929rr and a early 80s xr 100 that is in need of some serious repairs oh well the bug has bit
                                                                       cheers Russ

Hornet

Re: Just Joined
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 09:38:33 PM »
Hi Russ ,  welcome to the forum . Normally thats Graems job , but his days are to short  , to do everything , so VMX 247 does it kindly  for him .But  right now she is flat out   ;D.  Here we are , welcome Russ .  8)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 09:56:32 PM »
Welcome Russ.

so tell us where you used to ride in those days on the XR75K3? i am guessing your a Victorian or where back then.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline russvr4

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 10:17:51 PM »
Yep was a victorian then and still am.I used to ride at wmmcc on wellington road just past vfl park from about 1976 to 1981 just about every saturday and sunday rain hail or shine gee those were the days , spend most nights in the garage cleaning polishing and tarting up the bike fiking up all the bits that broke or wore out or the bits that i broke doing my maintenance i stripped quite a few bolts in my youth ,making stickers for my bike and helmet by cutting ads out of the mags and applying them with clear contact over the top i thought they looked so trick.The xr was a great bike to learn on but i fell for the 2 strokes pretty quick and managed to buy a yz80e oh the power too bad i broke two frames down near the bottom swingarm mount.Labertouche was a great place to ride.I have fond memories of going with the club a few times and blowing of adults on their big bore bikes on the motox tracks.Tried to go to deep creek once but when we got there it had been closed ,devastating!.

Offline oldie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 09:39:46 AM »
Yep was a victorian then and still am.I used to ride at wmmcc on wellington road just past vfl park from about 1976 to 1981 just about every saturday and sunday rain hail or shine gee those were the days , spend most nights in the garage cleaning polishing and tarting up the bike fiking up all the bits that broke or wore out or the bits that i broke doing my maintenance i stripped quite a few bolts in my youth ,making stickers for my bike and helmet by cutting ads out of the mags and applying them with clear contact over the top i thought they looked so trick.The xr was a great bike to learn on but i fell for the 2 strokes pretty quick and managed to buy a yz80e oh the power too bad i broke two frames down near the bottom swingarm mount.Labertouche was a great place to ride.I have fond memories of going with the club a few times and blowing of adults on their big bore bikes on the motox tracks.Tried to go to deep creek once but when we got there it had been closed ,devastating!.

Hi russvr4, you may remember me, I was the starter at the Waverley track took over from Johnny Basmore I was on the committee as well, my son ( Mike Reefman ) sponsored by Dandenong suzuki was there most weekends, yeah it was the best mini bike track around, by the way the track was designed by Trevor Flood.

Offline oldie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 04:25:49 PM »
OK DON'T REPLY TO ME. >:(

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 06:31:20 PM »
G'day frank, are you refering to me ? i don't know if you remember me but a good mate of Neale smith and i well and truly remember Mike.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline oldie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 09:40:49 PM »
G'day frank, are you refering to me ? i don't know if you remember me but a good mate of Neale smith and i well and truly remember Mike.

No mate I'm not referring to you, I meant Russvr4. I'm not sure if I know you, but I do remember Neal.

Offline russvr4

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 10:49:20 PM »
Sorry Oldie didn,t look at the site till tonight,your sons name seems to ring a bell but it was a long time ago.Your right it was a great track i had some of the best days of my youth there and i can even remember Trevor Flood and Mike Landman coming on their milledge yamahas to give us a motox school.i even used to enjoy the meetings at Syndal hall.Russ