Author Topic: Frickin' eBay!!!  (Read 10466 times)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Frickin' eBay!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 12:35:49 AM »
you don't have to buy it actually - I believe somewhere in the dark bowels of ebay rules they say the seller can only charge actual postage costs - so if it turns up for $10 then raise a dispute.
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2016, 12:55:33 AM »
Used gumtree alot in buying last year or so.
Ebay takes 3/4 of the cake now days.
Though nothing like ozvmx forum for 99% deals  8)  :)
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tomas

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 03:46:59 PM »
Had 3 items in shopping basket - Seller offers $18 combined shipping plus all additional items shipped for free - Requested combined shipping - Ebay claims that seller disabled combined shipping and want me to pay $18 for each item - Contacted seller - Seller goes all good $18 for everything -Tried combined shipping request again - No luck again(Ebay -seller had disabled combined shiiping again) - emailed seller requested paypal invoice for all 3 items plus $18 for shipping. Shipped today. Ebay made no money at all. The greedy one end up with nothing

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 03:54:12 PM »
yeah their a greedy mob nowdays,fleecebay arnt doing themselves any favours with moves like that to the point that overseas buyers will try to source their parts from other sources like your local dealers or wreckers

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2016, 09:37:14 PM »
Had 3 items in shopping basket - Seller offers $18 combined shipping plus all additional items shipped for free - Requested combined shipping - Ebay claims that seller disabled combined shipping and want me to pay $18 for each item - Contacted seller - Seller goes all good $18 for everything -Tried combined shipping request again - No luck again(Ebay -seller had disabled combined shiiping again) - emailed seller requested paypal invoice for all 3 items plus $18 for shipping. Shipped today. Ebay made no money at all. The greedy one end up with nothing

Just curious. was that a ebay global shipping program by any chance?
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Tomas

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2016, 09:55:26 PM »
This was a seller from UK. Glad that he was happy to help  :)

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2016, 08:39:07 AM »
Ebay made no money at all. The greedy one end up with nothing

Could be wrong but Fleebay may have a slice of the Paypal pie so the mongrels could have got something out of it, I noticed when I look at my paypal that whilst something was say $105 Aud posted the total I payed through paypal is always a little more, they charge you for Aud to US exchange, I'm pretty sure that's how it works, happy to be corrected :),been wrong before ;), I have never checked on Aud to Aud, wonder what happens there?

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2016, 10:35:51 AM »
PayPal

I think the seller gets charged a percentage. Simply deducted from what is passed on.
IE you pay A$100 but old mate only gets A$98 (or something)

Credit cards and PayPal also make money when converting to another currency. Obviously they use an exchange rate that makes them more money (not simply cover costs). Then the CC company charges an extra fee! (In case they weren't making enough money.

A great business plan.

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2016, 05:33:58 PM »
If the job description for setting up both ebay & gumtree was to make it as complicated as possible for people to find things they have done a brilliant job - MORON'S !!! ::)

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2016, 11:24:34 PM »
If the job description for setting up both ebay & gumtree was to make it as complicated as possible for people to find things they have done a brilliant job - MORON'S !!! ::)

Amen to that!
Trying to "filter" searches for e.g.
I can fly a helicopter in the cloud, at night, but search for a bike in 2 states? No, too hard for me.
I've built and up loaded websites but I can't figure out how to ad postage on eBay.

Apple have apparently removed "select all" from the email app on iPhone and iPad. (IOS10)
Want to get rid of 100 junk mails? Just select them 1 at a time!

Who thinks this is ok? Anyone with an age that starts with a 1 or 2, or has an IQ in double digits?

While I'm bemoaning the end of commen sense:
Due to someone in the US finding it unacceptable that a car left in neutral with the brake off can roll. (And kill you if you put yourself between it and something solid) Jeep have recalled some (all?) of their vehicles to have "auto park" installed. You couldn't make this stuff up. I assume now you can't roll your car in the shed, or tow it ever!
Once people are used to just stopping, and jumping out and walking away, all vehicles will need auto park, for safety.

Rant over. (Go Trump! Stir the establishment)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2016, 03:54:28 PM »
Aust Post has a service called "Shopmate" which is a US warehouse , $25 fee then $12 a kg
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2016, 10:21:04 AM »
Aust Post has a service called "Shopmate" which is a US warehouse , $25 fee then $12 a kg

I've been using www.comgateway.com which has cheap rates that are comparative with U.S. post.