Author Topic: Rocksberg  (Read 1133 times)

Ji Gantor

Rocksberg
« on: October 05, 2009, 01:25:15 pm »
For all those at Rocksberg on the weekend I am sure you all had a great time, I know I did.
Thanks Trevor and your retired committee as you have all done a great job for us QLD VMXers.
This year alone you worked on CD6 and the Nationals and they were both great events.

It was great to See Glenn Bell poking around the pits as he has been most of this year.

Brad 090 was fast as usual and roosted all of us on his Pre90 CR 500.
I used my new Go Pro Helmet Camera on Sunday and when I have worked out how to upload AVI files I will let all know where the roosting video can be seen. You may have to ware a dust mask.

Ji

Ji Gantor

Re: Rocksberg
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 01:41:25 pm »
Does anyone know how Shane (Wiltec) is after his trip to the doctors?
We all hope you are fine mate, see you soon.

Ji

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 03:20:35 pm »
HE'S ALIVE ;D

but dosen't bounce to well ;D

Cheers Trev

STW996

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 02:31:57 pm »
Hey thanks for the thought Ji.

Well like Trev said I am alive but not feeling too well at this point in time. Nothing broken but sure am a little beatup, 4th gear over the bars will do that to you.

Must be something with me and post season rides as 2 years ago I broke my leg at the Brisbane club!!

See you all soon

Shane

Ji Gantor

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 02:54:05 pm »
Good to hear you don't have any broken bones or torn ropes.
When my wife saw you clutching your stomack you were near the two little creek dips, is that where you went down?
Check out the helmet cam video I made on Sunday, I hope it makes you feel better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp8QjRGuWVE

Ji

STW996

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 03:23:48 pm »
No it was the drop off section before the long back straight (where you jump back down off the big table top).

I take it in 4th around 3/4 throttle but over jumped it and bottomed out the front (that much that I bent the bars down on each side by hand!) then went over the bars and the bike followed me over and landed on me (just to finish the job off) was in Disneyland (again) for a minute or so but had the wind knocked out of me.

Can't blame the track as the is my favourite part of it (that and the drop off at the end of the straight).

I checked out you footage and it looks great, very clear and still.

Shane

Ji Gantor

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 03:32:27 pm »
Were you on your CR250 or your CR480?
You must have been moving!
You are very lucky you are not more damaged than just sore all over.

The video quality is pretty good, I like my little camera. If only I could get Brad 090 to have some respect for it as well instead of throwing every rock his back wheel could dislodge.

Keep well

Ji

STW996

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 03:41:43 pm »
The 250 mate, yes around 70 K's I would think?

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 04:04:36 pm »
tell him he's dreaming ;D

more like 90

Cheers Trev