Author Topic: MA AND BARRABOOL  (Read 13394 times)

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: MA AND BARRABOOL
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2009, 09:10:46 pm »
yeah, funny isnt it, just like having a claytons really,

so is this event going to do justice to the gcr's for all class's or are we still not accepting that evo and pre 85 exist?

real shame if we loose focus of where we are going and only look to the past as the saviour of the sport.

where is all the hype about inane things, or are we all too affraid to say something.

Cheers Trev

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2009, 11:27:44 pm »
Broadford it is this time. Barrabool is fine too and old Ravenswood with its poor gritty surface, ruts,  rocks mud dust and sections of half a sidecar wide goat tracks was and still is a buzz.. So I be throwing out some feelers, if anybody would be wanting to try being a sidecar passenger,we will most likely need a mug. oops  I mean a healthy sound minded individual to assist in the piloting of a very home made Honda outfit. Please bear in mind the last time my elder son raced this machine he flipped it and crushed more than 7 bones in one foot ...I have made some improvements like it has now brakes, sort of, and slightly more useless crap suspension and I have bronzed up (or painted over...)about thirty cracks and brakes on the frame so yep shes ready to go. PM me Tim754............ but then again it might just do some laps at the Bike Bonanza.... 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 12:38:37 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2009, 09:16:57 pm »
are they having all the classes at the nats or are they
dropping some to make room for pre60 and 65 etc
remember at conondale it was a full program without them. :o
i am all for the old bikes racing but it seems strange MA can
reduce it to 6 riders normally to change a rule like that it
must go through a club to the commision which takes forever
what happens if you had 9 riders in pre75 125 eg
no championship class it must be ten ,when entries closed at queensland there
was only nine they re opened entries and got 2 more, just enough
to run a class hope it doesnt happen down there ::)

follow me to first turn

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2009, 09:37:07 pm »
I believe the sup regs always have run the GCR class's available to the us, including 18.12.01 in a title.
Don't think they would knock them back if they had traveled from afar while already entered,can't not give them a run.  8)
Its would be in there best interest you would think to keep the older bikes encrusted in a Classic Title (bar the pre68   :(  ).
The day always seems to fit all the class's in,its a long day anyway. ;D
cheers
Best is in the West !!

albrid-3

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2009, 10:22:18 pm »
I love Barrabool for the views, Location, the history of the track, not far from hotels, motels, camping grounds just down the road from the track, for our interstaters, ok, Drakey, and  MA, Bring on Broadford, but l hope you do your homework on the track, Toilets, Lots of toilet paper for the girls and boys, spectators, showers, Catering, Connondale had the best showers and us dirty buggers need a shower after a days riding. I hope it will be good for all, besides, We have owned Broadford Complex for a long time now and it should be looking like Philip Island Complex or close too.  ??? ;D :o ::) ::)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 03:05:44 pm by Wolverine »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2009, 11:06:44 pm »
This is on and off like a ............
What the  ............ is going on with this facility ??????

Historic day for McAdam Park and local motorcycling community
Posted: Tuesday, 1st December, 2009 : 1:49 PM - - 820 Reads -
Today is a significant day in the history of motorsport in the region with confirmation McAdam Park, Barrabool has been purchased by Motorcycling Australia, State Member for South Barwon, Michael Crutchfield said.
Mr Crutchfield - who strongly supported the Sporting Motor Cycle Club, Geelong Moto Cross Club, and Otway Trail Raiders campaign to secure the facility - said the sport of motorcycling in the region had been secured.
"The State Government has been a significant supporter of this venue and in securing it as a home for the three local community clubs, which is why we committed $1.27m towards the purchase," Mr Crutchfield said.

"McAdam Park is a renowned international and national motorcycling facility that caters for hundreds of local families who choose motorsport as their preferred leisure activity.

"The State Government is proud to support this project and delighted that Motorcycling Australia, Sporting Motor Cycle Club and Surf Coast Shire have committed funding towards the acquisition of McAdam Park.

"McAdam Park is an important community sporting asset and I am personally delighted the State Government has played a leading role in helping to secure its future for the people of Geelong and the Surf Coast.

"As well as a venue for major and community events, McAdam Park also offers new or young motorcycle riders with a safe place to enjoy the sport they love.

"McAdam Park also plays an important role in helping these riders to gain the necessary skills associated with riding recreational motorcycles in a safe and socially responsible way.

"The campaign to save McAdam Park has involved not only this government, Surf Coast Shire, clubs, and the wider community, but also many local businesses that have financially supported this venue through fundraising activities and they should all be congratulated.

"It is extremely disappointing that the City of Greater Geelong have not committed to McAdam Park in relocating the Geelong Moto Cross Club there.

"It has been disgraceful how the Geelong Moto Cross Club members have been treated by COGG and the council must as a priority commit at its next council meeting, the $660,000 to the McAdam Park facility so the club has a permanent home," Mr Crutchfield said.
Best is in the West !!

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2009, 09:44:09 am »
This must be very good news for the Vics.
We have just been gazetted a m/cycle only park near a new dam that popeye is working on between Beaudesert and Boonah sth of Brisvegas.( about 45 mins) More details as they come to hand.

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2009, 10:43:33 pm »
 Re WTF is going on...

"Allegedly", the City of Greater Geelong wanted title to a portion of the land package @ McAdam Park...even though the park is in the jurisdiction of another Shire!!!!
Destined to a life behind bars. A garage full of KTM's and a 73 CR 250M Honda....H7 250 Monty will be at Harrow!
A "never was" of the Nineties...

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2009, 08:59:19 am »
I think there is some confusion between Sporting Motorcycle Club (Barabool) & Geelong Motocross Club who ran from the now defunct Breakwater track. I am an outsider and don't know for sure what happened, but am led to believe that after umpteen years in existence, it only took a small number of complaints from "new" residents to the area, for the Geelong council to close the Breakwater motocross track, leaving the Geelong Motocross Club without a home. Maybe someone can clarify?
Cheers,
K

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2009, 12:21:18 pm »
and old Ravenswood with its poor gritty surface, ruts,  rocks mud dust

What? This years VIPER and VCM events were fantastic.The surface was MotoX perfection at the VIPER event due to great track prep and some rain the day before.Perfect loamy corners with a solid base underneath and just enough rough to make not too easy.IMO :)
Thanks to BIGK and the Bendigo club .

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2009, 12:35:48 pm »
Motomaniac, "and old Ravenswood with its poor gritty surface, ruts,  rocks mud dust and sections of half a sidecar wide goat tracks was and still is a buzz..
"Ravenswood has always been our families favourite track. Review my posts if you got a few hours to spare  ;)The above was written very tongue in cheek. May the Ravenswood Cup Please reappear!!!!!! and "take it to the creek"!!!! Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2009, 01:08:19 pm »
There's talk of the resurgence of a 2 day "Ravenswood Cup" event early in the new year, with all proceeds going to the Noel Clarke fund. I'll keep you posted.
Cheers,
K
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 03:48:54 pm by bigk »

firko

« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2009, 01:43:09 pm »
I've got to admit that I love Ravenswood, It's rough at times but it's 'old school rough'! I found a little gold nugget in the creek once which was pretty unique but my favourite part is accross the road. How many motocross tracks in Australia have a great little pub directly accross the road from the track!
 Ravenswood Cup? I'll try and be there.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2009, 02:19:31 pm »
Motomaniac, "and old Ravenswood with its poor gritty surface, ruts,  rocks mud dust and sections of half a sidecar wide goat tracks was and still is a buzz..
"Ravenswood has always been our families favourite track. Review my posts if you got a few hours to spare  ;)The above was written very tongue in cheek. May the Ravenswood Cup Please reappear!!!!!! and "take it to the creek"!!!! Tim754

Okay cool. Yer bring back the creek crossing - when its running!!

All Things 414

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2009, 05:48:22 pm »
I was led to believe that the Breakwater mob (Geelong) were located to Lara. And yes apparently the new locals had the Breakwater track closed down. The old argument of "we were here first" apparently isn't an argument anymore when the other side start talking envionmental impacts and the silver crested sap-sucker or legless lizard or whatever the fug else they can dredge up........