Author Topic: Supplier of block tread trail tyres  (Read 5516 times)

lc4

Re: Supplier of block tread trail tyres
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 06:10:43 pm »
I think the only block pattern tyres you will get nowdays will be Trials tyres. If you intend on riding the bike on the tar don't fit them as it feels like you are riding with a flat ,no matter how much you pump them up. I recently fitted a set of Vee Rubber trials tyres to my XL250 Motosport to keep that "original look" and rode a total of 10km and will not ride again until I change them.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 08:17:27 pm »
I think that tyre was a Cheng Shin 3.25x19 (C186?) universal Firko. Availability seems almost 0 nowdays. I'm going to be hunting the same thing myself very soon although preferably a 3.50
Will post details here if I stumble onto more than 1 of anything in a half decent size ;)

Thats the same casting as the dunlop trial universal even same sips and direction.  But i cant find that pattern over 3.00 in a 19" would need 3.5 as a min, 4.00 same as the 4.00 x 18 they sell would be awsome.   its not the C186 that no come in 19 and its a small front open tread.

the new speedways have a tall edge, but the older ones the tread comes over the side, maybe the an early speedway might have enough on the side knobs, but still may have th eissue with the walls and knob structure.

Keep looking, post if you turn somthign up..
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 08:21:41 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 08:22:49 pm »
What size where they ? what vee rubers were they ? wanna sell em on even if 18"
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff