Author Topic: Noel Clarke  (Read 3898 times)

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Noel Clarke
« on: August 25, 2009, 01:30:17 AM »
For those forum members who know Brian Clarke and family from Bendigo, it is with sadness that i can let you know Brians middle son Noel has had a bad accident at a club race on Sunday. Although i wasnt able to attend the race, i have spoken to Noels younger brother Peter who has advised me that Noel was airlifted to Melbourne after a crash in practice which has resulted in a damaged t4 vertabrae, severe damage to the lower part of his spinal cord, a puntured lung, broken ribs, and bruising to the brain. Noel was placed in a induced coma to allow his brain to recover, and has susbequently undergone more tests which have revealed that his spinal cord was badly damaged, and at this stage he has no feeling from the waist down. I'm sure i speak for everyone when i say that if there is anything that the Clarke family need or we can help in any way then we will do it. This is the second bad incident that the family have had recently, after older brother Tony (TC91) also had a trip over the bars at the HATTAH desert race and hurt his neck. Luckily Tony's crash didnt end up as bad as Noel though.
1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

firko

Re: Noel Clarke
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 06:59:22 AM »
Shit....How much can a family take? First there was Brians almost life taking accident last year, then Tonys bad accident a few weeks ago that prevented him coming north to the Nats and now this.......
I'm very fond of the entire Clarke family and stay at Brian and Bevs place whenever I'm in Bendigo. I'm shattered to hear this and hope that Noel can pull through this with as little permanent damage as possible. If there's any consolation, we can be assured that the family support for Noel during his recuperation will be the best.
My thoughts are with Noel and his family.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 07:10:26 AM »
Nice family from when i met them and what a run of bad luck,Must order my neck brace.Good luck and regards to family
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 06:11:06 PM by bazza »
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 10:03:25 AM »
I don't know what to say, I'm rocked and have tears in my eyes as I type this. I've just been advised Noel's injuries are severe and there's a long and different road ahead for him. All the best Noel.
Mick Hughes (bigK)

Offline Mick22

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 10:53:54 AM »
Have raced against the clarke boys on & off for 20 years and really feel for them right now, I was following Noel around just before it happened and I think he was just plain unlucky. Wishing all the best for Noel & family
Looking fo a TZ750 anyone with any leads please PM

Offline jimbo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 04:22:28 PM »
This truly terrible news Noel  is not only a champion rider but also a champion bloke I am deeply sadden with this news, having also survived a major spinal trauma Iets hope and pray that Noel recovers  quickly from his injuries  .Regards Jimbo

albrid-3

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 07:07:25 PM »
To Clarke Family, we don`t like to hear this type of news, l was hoping to catch up with Tony at Connondale, l was so shocked to learn about the accidents, take care Tony and Noel. my heart goes out to you both and your Family, I am losted for words. David Alsop #46

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 07:14:15 PM »
Thats very sad news, I hope Noels recovery goes as good as possible.Regards KB.

firko

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 11:15:13 PM »
Any further news on Noels condition?

firko

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 10:21:18 AM »
I just spoke to Tony Clarke and he reports that Noel is still in an induced coma to help lower the pressure on his brain. He underwent an operation to fuse his vertabrae which is purely to give the spinal chord strength for the future. While the spinal chord damage seems to indicate no sensation below the waist, reflex tests have shown that he has sensation to his arms and hands which is a blessing in itself.

Tony tells me that the accident happened when Noel got into a slide on wet grass and in an attempt to correct the bike dug into something in the grass and high sided, catapaulting Noel head first into the ground at speed. He then cartwheeled down the track like "a rag doll" according to Tony. Noel wasn't wearing a neck brace but Tony swears that Noels top of the line Arai helmet helped limit the damage.

While the long term effects of the crash are yet to be fully determined, it's fairly obvious that he's going to need long term support and care. Tony (TC91) has promised to report on the forum when things get a little less hectic over the next few days. At the moment he's running both Noels and his own businesses as well as supporting his brother by being bedside so he's hands are pretty full.

On behalf of all in our sport I wish Noel all the best for the future....

Offline jimbo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 11:55:12 AM »
 Well put Firko, I second your comment,our thoughts are certainly with Noel and his family.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 11:46:25 PM »
Shit shit shit!!!  just not fair!Get well quick Noel. Noel willingly rode one of my 125 Hodakas at the Nats during the nineties, even though it failed miserably and shredded its internals, He always thanked me and sheepishly joined in with my laughter at the unreliable little mongrel machine, Clarke family I will be thinking of you. yours Tim Derrick.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 11:56:31 PM by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 10:36:09 PM »
Any positive news on Noel? I don't seem to be able to will myself at present to directly ask. Bloody black dog. Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 09:21:38 PM »
I spoke to Noels brother Peter last night, he informed me that Noel was travelling as good as can be expected at this time and hopefully he will be moved from the ICU into a ward in the next few days. When this happens he will be hopefully be able to have visitors. I will keep the news coming when i learn more. He is at the Austin Hospital in Melbourne presently.
1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

Offline Tim37

• C-Grade
  • Its an investment ...had to buy it !
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 01:15:33 PM »
Very sad to hear about Noel , wish him and all the familly well ...thinking of you Tim Embleton