Author Topic: Noel Clarke  (Read 3900 times)

Offline TC91

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Noel Clarke
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 09:05:11 PM »
Just a short note on Noels condition, but first a very sincere thank you to all who have contacted us. your thoughts and words are very much appreciated. I know I havent returned a few calls but I will. To add a further challenge at the moment both Noel's and my business's are coming into their busiest time of the year. I have been told that sleep is overrated but I am not so sure of that.
Now for the bad news, as a result of his accident Noel has become a paraplegic with breaks at and around T3, T4. He is regaining strength and movement in his arms and fingers and his general health and other injuries are improving every day. He was shifted out of ICU into a ward today and is much happier. He seems to have a remarkable acceptance if his injury at this stage. When asked what happened he replied " I  f#%ked up". He has always had a very simplistic view of life and what it has thrown at him so far and just deals with it when it happens. We can only hope he eventually deals with this in a similar fashion. He also can be a "say what you think pig headed bastard ". Probably not a bad attitude to have at the moment.
Once he is settled I will post his contact details but in the meantime my number is 0419561005. Thanks  Tony

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 09:10:03 PM »
i am so sorry to hear that Tony, my thoughts are with you all.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

TT

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 09:26:59 PM »
Sounds like he's got a better attitude than I imagine I would in the same circumstances.
My thoughts are with you all.

firko

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 09:32:46 PM »
 Sorry I didn't get back to you after missing your call during the week Tony. I'll give you a ring tomorrow. This really sucks but I reckon Noels just the bloke to make the best of the crap he's been served up. It sounds like he's got the right attitude and he's surrounded by quality family and friends who will give him the love and encouragement for a speedy rehabilitation. My thoughts are with Noel and his family.

PS...Tony, I've spoken to Mike Middleton and Marsh Runyon in California and they pass on their best wishes to Noel. Mike told me of his fond memories of being welcomed into Brian and Bevs  home the evening before the '92 Nats and remembers all of the Clarke boys with affection. He's genuinely upset at Noels situation and will contact him a little further down the line. Ironically, Mikes racing life has caught up with him and he's fighting some serious spinal problems himself and will soon undergo fusion surgery.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 09:34:19 PM by firko »

firko

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2009, 12:50:02 PM »
I just spoke to Tony and he reckons Noel is in a pretty positive state of mind and is a week ahead of schedule with his rehab. Apparently he's itching to get into a wheelchair and mobile. He's got a hard road ahead but I have a sneaking suspicion that he'll pull through this and get on with his new life on wheels. I told Tony that Noel being as fit as he is, would be an ideal candidate for Wheelchair Rugby...got a laugh out of that one but you never know!
Apparently Brian Bev and the rest of the extended family are now in a better state of mind and are keen to get involved with Noels rehabititation.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2009, 12:55:10 PM »
Thanks for the update Firko.